Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jul 2002, 14:07 (Ref:329413)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chimay

Julius put on another great Top Hat euro tour! If you get the chance to race here go, it is very exciting place with some breath taking corners. I think we showed the locals the UK racing is closely fought!!!!!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 14:38 (Ref:329445)   #2
bolide
Rookie

bolide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chimay 2002

The locals were awestruck by the racing at the weekend at Chimay. It's not often you can hear the gasps of the crowd, but you could at the final corner as I was taking photos. There were some talented local and European drivers in action, but the sheer bravado of the Top Hat crew - and the British Sportscar pilots - was breathtaking

You can drive at Chimay in the "Demonstration" runs without a race licence... Put it in your diary for 2003!

Top Hat
www.bolide.co.uk/tophat

Chimay
http://www.bolide.co.uk/actions/gsea...age=0207067969

Nick Froome
www.bolide.co.uk
Old 8 Jul 2002, 14:45 (Ref:329453)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
that corner and the first were very exciting, I cannot wait for next yr, well worth living off chips and choccy for 2 days, I look fwd to the bolide report!!
Old 10 Jul 2002, 13:05 (Ref:331074)   #4
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
that corner and the first were very exciting, I cannot wait for next yr, well worth living off chips and choccy for 2 days, I look fwd to the bolide report!!
Good to hear Chimay was enjoyable! Money, time and me thumping the car at Brands kind of precluded it. I will be doing the next Top Hat though...

Are you coming to Cadwell? We are testing on St evening (mostly to run in some L sections) but changing to M's for the Sunday. Dad will be driving this time (I guess its penance for Brands )
Old 11 Jul 2002, 13:00 (Ref:331805)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

There were several goldies but oldies there so you were missed! I cant do Cadwell as I have to go to Middle East on Saturday on biz.

So you will be the spanner this time! Yes I cant wait til next Top Haat either. Have you heard anything about the Gold Cup meeting yet? is is going to be a short race or 1 hour???
Old 11 Jul 2002, 13:07 (Ref:331817)   #6
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
There were several goldies but oldies there so you were missed! I cant do Cadwell as I have to go to Middle East on Saturday on biz.

So you will be the spanner this time! Yes I cant wait til next Top Haat either. Have you heard anything about the Gold Cup meeting yet? is is going to be a short race or 1 hour???
Middle East eh? Its a hard life....

Not sure about the Gold Cup meeting, other than to say we won't be doing it. A great shame as Oulton is my favourite circuit, but its bit too close to Goodwood, and we are thinking of a respray in time for that - the car is now about 5 different shades of grey
Old 11 Jul 2002, 13:14 (Ref:331822)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

M.E. in July in a suit is not fun I promise!
I did not realize you were doing Goodwood, has yr Dad pulled rank?
I sent my forms off for the Spa 6 hour last week so getting quite excited about that!
Old 16 Jul 2002, 09:55 (Ref:334817)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Simon, is there anywhere to find out more about Spa . . .Ive booked some time off work, and will hopefully tag along with the lotus Cortina to help, but a few of us want to go, and most likely, camp for the weekend.