1 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Sep 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2758337)   #26
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all tension was gone the moment Alonso got the lead.. until the pitstops:8, after that: 4, average 6
Old 12 Sep 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2758347)   #27
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
7, good tense battle for the win
Old 12 Sep 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2758363)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Well this Tifosi thought it was a 5, maybe a 4.

Though if I could, I'd give Hammo's DNF a 20!
Probably still locked in your bedroom getting sexually excited over it I suppose. Careful mum/dad doesn't walk in.

7/10 for me. Not a great race but I love Monza.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2758370)   #29
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
7/10 - The leaders were close for much of the race, with the slower car in front. It's just a shame the lead change happened in the pits and not on-track.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2758377)   #30
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That element didn't bother me personally. We've had a lot of good on-track racing this year and it was a close battle. Plus this was one race Alonso's team-mate didn't gift him.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2758378)   #31
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
6 from me. I also love Monza, but that wasn't the race I was hoping to see.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 03:17 (Ref:2758476)   #32
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8 for the pit crews, primo job.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 05:44 (Ref:2758495)   #33
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 - i genuinely enjoyed the battle on merit for the lead, and plenty of prospects of cars actually racing at a decent standard of driving.

plus, i really love how unique monza is these days so it gets extra votes for the nostalgia.... daft but true.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 06:08 (Ref:2758499)   #34
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me, full of will it or won't it, particually Vettel's miss-fire switch!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2758536)   #35
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber actually had more overtakes than the one on Hülkenberg. He also passed Kubica, even though they did not have that on camera. Must have been similar to the Hülkenberg move.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2758549)   #36
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good hard racing, loved it, 8.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2758672)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw the move on Kubica, Kempi.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2758697)   #38
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
The race scores should show two distinct groups really.

For tifosi it's 10 out of 10 (a 1-2 would have been 11 out of 10).

For everyone else, it was a bit dull really. Maybe a 5.
Good to see only one tifosi on 10ths then :P

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2758720)   #39
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 from me...kind of average, better than some, worse than others
Old 13 Sep 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2758798)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Good to see only one tifosi on 10ths then :P
Then it's tifoso !!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2758866)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me. it was a really good race although i will admit to losing some interest with Hammy going out early and Webbo mid fielding it up.

Alonso and Button getting back into the hunt has of course raised my anticipation for Singapore!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2758961)   #42
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I was disappointed - I would have been very bored if I hadn't been watching it in the pub with one of my friends. 5.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Sep 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2758988)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your friend only gets 5 out of 10?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2758990)   #44
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It would have been a 3 if I hadn't had someone to talk to when it got dull.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Sep 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2759043)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
It would have been a 3 if I hadn't had someone to talk to when it got dull.
Lucky you... usually when I start to watch everybody else find another thing to do...
Old 14 Sep 2010, 02:39 (Ref:2759071)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post

Usual Brundle insightful comments - "Webber's superior straightline speed.." said after Webber overtook The Hulkster. Only, Webber drafted the Williams round the bend and overtook him while on the bend, using the RBR's superior aerodynamic efficiency and chassis handling, not straightline speed to get past. [Please God, when will Martin retire.]
Perhaps he bothered to look at the FIA speed trap figures on the straight. I mentioned it elsewhere and linked to the FIA Trap times, but Webber was second fastest car on the track on the main straight, with a top speed of 345.7kph, just 1 kph slower than the fastest car, the STR of Buemi. Neither Ferrari were in the top 10, and Button was 3rd slowest of the finishers.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 03:43 (Ref:2759083)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Perhaps he bothered to look at the FIA speed trap figures on the straight. I mentioned it elsewhere and linked to the FIA Trap times, but Webber was second fastest car on the track on the main straight, with a top speed of 345.7kph, just 1 kph slower than the fastest car, the STR of Buemi. Neither Ferrari were in the top 10, and Button was 3rd slowest of the finishers.
Ferrari finished 1st and 3rd and Button was second.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2759203)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Ferrari finished 1st and 3rd and Button was second.
I dont really get your point tbh..... As I stated I was referring to the Speed Trap top speeds attained by each car, not the result... Webber, regardless of his finishing position, recorded the second fastest speed in the field on the main straight, and neither Ferrari were in the top 10 fastest speed trap times. Button, although he finished second was only the 20th fastest car through the speed trap (due to his high downforce top speed sacrificing set up). With Vettel also in the top 10 trap speeds it would seem that the Red Bull, particularly that of Webber, did, it would seem have a straightline speed advantage over most at Monza.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2759227)   #49
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're forgetting that Webber and Vettel both always had the benefit of being able to draft low downforce (read: straightline-fast) cars. Alonso had to draft Button who had no draft at all.

Speed Trap numbers for Monza are worth nothing. Straightline speed must be measured without draft to be of any meaning.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2759624)   #50
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I dont really get your point tbh..... As I stated I was referring to the Speed Trap top speeds attained by each car, not the result... Webber, regardless of his finishing position, recorded the second fastest speed in the field on the main straight, and neither Ferrari were in the top 10 fastest speed trap times. Button, although he finished second was only the 20th fastest car through the speed trap (due to his high downforce top speed sacrificing set up). With Vettel also in the top 10 trap speeds it would seem that the Red Bull, particularly that of Webber, did, it would seem have a straightline speed advantage over most at Monza.
So what you are saying is that Button is a much better driver than Webber because he beat him in a much slower car.

Excellent. I agree!
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.