Kovalainen 0 0%
Yamamoto 0 0%
Other 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2758063)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Italian GP

Driver of the race, on the new era of F1... place your bets based on team orders.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2758076)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso or Button? Hmm...Alonso
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2758078)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button for me.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2758080)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2758083)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso, obviously.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2758093)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent drive from Jenson, but it has to be Fernando.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2758114)   #7
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel.

For him to keep the soft tyres going to the last lap to take 4th was much more impressive than Webber keeping them going to take the lead in Hungary.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2758117)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hulkenburg.

Outpaced his more experienced teammate and ground out a good result from a mediocre car.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2758118)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Alonso, no red mist today !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2758129)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Hulkenburg.

Outpaced his more experienced teammate and ground out a good result from a mediocre car.
Although technically he should have done another lap to complete the race distance...
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2758157)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Although technically he should have done another lap to complete the race distance...
Yep, he did push his luck, and was lucky not to get a penalty I think too, but the result stands, and Williams needs results and money.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2758168)   #12
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am delighted at Alonso's win and my heart says Fred but I give it to Button.

Up until the pass in the pits I was saying a clever chap he was using more downforce and the F duct at Monza. It would have been brilliant had he pulled it off but regardless I like the bloke and I like his style.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2758181)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Button. Great first chicane. Alonso might have got it, but he did cut the same chicane towards the end of the race.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2758183)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I imagine that Button will be well voted this round, so I voted Alonso because this time he did the job well done, and at the home of tifosis.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2758185)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button. Because I'm British, biased and this is a British forum.

Nah, Button because I think he drove ever so slightly a better race than Alonso who didn't get as good a start and probably had a slightly better car for the circuit. Only McLaren's dubious tactics appeared to mess it up for Button from what I can see so far.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2758200)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fernando, fantastico.

Sweet.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2758204)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
But, but........there's no "Hamilton" choice

I've given it to Button 'cos I don't think he made any mistakes - although arguably the team did......Alonso however did get a bit ragged at times, although I concede he did all he needed to, and I think once the pit-stop had promoted him, I think Button was resigned to second place.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2758223)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
I imagine that Button will be well voted this round, so I voted Alonso because this time he did the job well done, and at the home of tifosis.
Tifosi, that will be enough... and tifosi don't cheer for the driver but for the team, pretty suitable.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2758248)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I voted for Button he should have won this race...
Old 12 Sep 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2758260)   #20
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2758262)   #21
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It gives me no pleasure to vote for Fernando Alonso, but this isn't a 'your favourite driver' thread so my vote goes as always to the most deserving on the day. And that was Alonso, he drove a more or less perfect race, and had the speed at the crucial moments.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2758277)   #22
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso obviously
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2758284)   #23
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Sutil tried a different strategy.........but come on, Button held on and showed he can keep his cool..
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2758296)   #24
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
50/50 between Teflonso and Button.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2758307)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
That was an excellent drive from Alonso, reminding us why he used to be regarded as the best

But I voted for Button because he drove a great race in what was marginally slower car. I also think that he's right in saying that the team were wrong to stop him first.

The McLaren stop was 0.8s slower than RBR's but they have inferior equipment.