Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Aug 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3665618)   #851
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is happening Christian Horner praising Renault?

I cannot remember when I last came across that.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125696
Old 14 Aug 2016, 15:54 (Ref:3665622)   #852
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
What is happening Christian Horner praising Renault?

I cannot remember when I last came across that.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125696
Roughly translated horner is publicly bum kissing renault in a hope that they will release the 2017 engine upgrades early this season.....on the other side of the fence vasser and ciryl are probably not willing to do so considering their history.....but redbull publicly crediting Renault will certainly help the cause.....Renault are probably curious to see how the 2017 upgrades will perform so it's only a matter of time, to me the redbull chassis seems excellent so certainly a good basis
Old 14 Aug 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3665624)   #853
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Perhaps Christian has learned the lesson of last year.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 00:04 (Ref:3665675)   #854
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Roughly translated horner is publicly bum kissing renault in a hope that they will release the 2017 engine upgrades early this season.....on the other side of the fence vasser and ciryl are probably not willing to do so considering their history.....but redbull publicly crediting Renault will certainly help the cause.....Renault are probably curious to see how the 2017 upgrades will perform so it's only a matter of time, to me the redbull chassis seems excellent so certainly a good basis
Given the problems Renault is apparently having recruiting staff:

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/133045-...-recruit-staff

You would think that it was in their best interest to make sure that RBR has the best engine they can give them?
Old 15 Aug 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3665724)   #855
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Except that Renault gets limited credit for Red Bull's success, especially as the engines aren't even badged as Renault.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3665749)   #856
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Except that Renault gets limited credit for Red Bull's success, especially as the engines aren't even badged as Renault.
And thats the age-old problem that Renault always had a beef with RedBull......so I guess this is RedBull trying to learn a lesson and give credit where credit is due to Renault.......then Renault might, just might release some more engine upgrades in 2016, despite saying they are done for 2016, but the 2017 engine upgrade is a bit of a whopper on the dyno!......RedBull would love to take the fight to Mercedes, and lets be honest, so does Bernie and every F1 fan, it would really spice up the 2016 season and potentially end the mercedes dominance.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3665753)   #857
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i get that has been one of Renault's stated concerns over the last few years but for my part i have always struggled to understand why they act like its RB's fault that Renault, a multi billion dollar multi national auto giant, lack the ability to promote it's own success in F1.

anyways its good to see the two sides now working well together. the RB TAG improvement relative to Ferrari as well as creating a competitive platform for one of the better driver pairings on the grid to shine this year has been one of the few highlights for me this season and bodes well that 2017 might actually be interesting.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3665757)   #858
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
And thats the age-old problem that Renault always had a beef with RedBull......so I guess this is RedBull trying to learn a lesson and give credit where credit is due to Renault.......then Renault might, just might release some more engine upgrades in 2016, despite saying they are done for 2016, but the 2017 engine upgrade is a bit of a whopper on the dyno!......RedBull would love to take the fight to Mercedes, and lets be honest, so does Bernie and every F1 fan, it would really spice up the 2016 season and potentially end the mercedes dominance.
I fail to understand how Renault, or any PU manufacturer for that matter, could release their 2017 units this season as the token system ends this year, and a lot more development will be allowed from February testing onwards. Unless, of course, there are some tweaks within the token regulations that are included for next year that are not dependant on the other improvements.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 01:44 (Ref:3665843)   #859
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i get that has been one of Renault's stated concerns over the last few years but for my part i have always struggled to understand why they act like its RB's fault that Renault, a multi billion dollar multi national auto giant, lack the ability to promote it's own success in F1.

anyways its good to see the two sides now working well together. the RB TAG improvement relative to Ferrari as well as creating a competitive platform for one of the better driver pairings on the grid to shine this year has been one of the few highlights for me this season and bodes well that 2017 might actually be interesting.
Maybe a TAG Heuer is better than a Cartier?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Apr 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3729933)   #860
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see where Mr Horner is moaning again saying that the top three engines are not as close as the FIA says after detailed analysis.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129231

I also noted that the Renault in Hulkenberg's hands was only a little over 0.3 of a second away from the best Red Bull and I suspect the Renault has a distance to go to be a top 3 chassis although it is a lot better than what thehad last year.
Has Horner's moan got more to do with diverting attention away from a relatively poor RB chassis?
I would be interested to see what data RB have to back up their case.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3730121)   #861
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should drop TAG Heuer and go with Omega - especially for the Planet Ocean. Like James Bond used to wear.

I think their engine is a little down on power this season compared to Ferrari and Mercedes. They have a decent chassis and aero - thanks to Mr. Newey. They're not far behind - but there's still work to be done.

It would be great to see them up with the other two leading teams competing for the wins.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3730128)   #862
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Renault getting the better of RBR as the season goes on
Old 30 Apr 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3730190)   #863
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm not so sure, RBR have a much stronger driver pairing.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3730217)   #864
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see Renault getting the better of RBR as the season goes on
Not with Palmer.