Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 20 May 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2694902)   #26
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I hope nobody minds me bumping this back up as its just over a week until this event!

Hopefully an entry list will be online soon so I can decide which day to go, although looking at this thread it seems Monday is the classic/historic day so I will probably go then.

Does anybody know what layout is going to be used? I presume it may be the same as when this event was run a few years ago, but cannot find a map anywhere.
Old 20 May 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2694931)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
gawd only just over a week to go? must fit that extinguisher, and the belts, and roundels, bonnet catches, get some tyres mounted, sort a tow hook, can't sit here all night...
Old 20 May 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2694965)   #28
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David,

Have you seen an entry list?? Nothing on the web yet.. what car are you taking?
Old 20 May 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2694975)   #29
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a diagram of the circuit anywhere?
Old 20 May 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2695004)   #30
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
David,

Have you seen an entry list?? Nothing on the web yet.. what car are you taking?
nope, and don't expect finals until next week; taking the ZS180, Alex one day and me the other (double drives are not allowed). Do say 'ello if you're coming...
Old 20 May 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2695030)   #31
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Austria on the Sunday, but thinking of a cunning plan for Monday. Looks a great event.
Old 20 May 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2695042)   #32
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi all, just back from marshalling an autotest and there is an entry list online, a link to the entry lists can be found on the front page, see http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/ Not sure when that was put up though Originally Monday was going to be the historic day but it is now mixed so you might want a look at the entry lists to decide which days, if not both, you prefer. Various "things" on for the family too eg Roary the Racing Car, a Williams F1 Car on display etc.

My class looks "interesting" - a Micra up against Ferraris, Porsches etc...I'll be going for the wooden spoon! Anyone that's there, please feel free to say hi...it's a red Endurance Rally spec Micra and my name on the side should give it away It'll be displayed on the club stand on Monday too and I'll be around somewhere.

I have a diagram somewhere, but a friend made this if it helps at all [I have a feeling this is one of the "early drafts" so no shouting if it's not perfect!!!]. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACS2pu0jexE
Old 20 May 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2695043)   #33
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
gawd only just over a week to go? must fit that extinguisher, and the belts, and roundels, bonnet catches, get some tyres mounted, sort a tow hook, can't sit here all night...
Is that all?! You should see my list........!!!!
Old 20 May 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2695102)   #34
westfieldbend
Veteran

Entry is very impressive, and now I haven't a clue which day is best!

That track layout looked good as well, looked a lot longer than the course used in 1999? That is comparing sky sports footage with a computer game though!! As there are no maps/diagrams online that I can find.
Old 30 May 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2701102)   #35
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been there today and I enjoyed it a great deal, here are some of the photos I took

http://www.flickr.com/photos/retrosc...7624166866810/

Looking forward to going back tomorrow.
Old 30 May 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2701204)   #36
westfieldbend
Veteran

Was there today and was excellent, a very well organised event by Sevenoaks motor club.

A slight shame a great deal of the spectator area (up to 'quaife' hairpin) was pretty much unusable as it was so low and the Armco got in the way, but I suppose its not really viable to build spectator banks for one weekend a year.

Will definitely be back next year

(photos to follow - I have over 600 to sort through!!)
Old 30 May 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2701217)   #37
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If anyone has shots of me from today i'd love to see them. (car 72, white Lotus)
Old 30 May 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2701219)   #38
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Preferably while you were still in control I assume

Fantastic day & the crowd seemed to enjoy it - can't believe we get to do it all again tomorrow!

thanks to all drivers/marshals/officials etc... from the commentary box.
Old 30 May 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2701281)   #39
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
control? what does that mean? - just keep the right foot in!

tomorrow I'll be bullying the Honda round. If id not explored the gardens on that last run, id have split the teslas, maybe nicked the win. bum.

Last edited by ss_collins; 30 May 2010 at 20:49.
Old 31 May 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2702039)   #40
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Fabulous event! Great cars, great atmosphere, just ........ GREAT!
Old 31 May 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2702096)   #41
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
It was rather - at one point I didn't want to drive anymore though - there was just too much great stuff going round! I'd love to see any video of the Teslas!
Old 31 May 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2702142)   #42
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
already plenty of stuff on youtube - just search "crystal palace" & sort by date.
Absolutely top weekend, thousands of spectators, mostly sensible driving, flawless organisation - hopefully our ramblings (thankfully saved by a certain extra excited interviewie) didn't detract from the fun.

Well done everyone involved & by the sounds of it, next year is already a very probable.

and of course, congrats to the 1903 Humber which avoided the STD wooden spoon (thanks to another driver wisely choosing the escape road rather than the tree)
Old 1 Jun 2010, 05:51 (Ref:2702283)   #43
Fuzzi
Rookie

United Kingdom
In the corner of Surrey
Fuzzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great day on Monday. Thanks to all who made it happen.
Please can we go again?
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2702336)   #44
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
absolutely brilliant weekend (although Monday could have been warmer!). Hopefully we can be invited back having left the site in a good state (apart from a couple of drivers who cut the grass up rather unnecessarily). Huge thanks to all those who made it possible.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2702378)   #45
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
^Preferably while you were still in control I assume

Fantastic day & the crowd seemed to enjoy it - can't believe we get to do it all again tomorrow!

thanks to all drivers/marshals/officials etc... from the commentary box.
Thanks for your frequent mention of the marshals and the BMMC in particular and excellent commentary throughout . I hope Post 1 outside your box did not give you too much grief .?
Old 1 Jun 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2702457)   #46
HoTWire
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
next year is already a very probable.
Lets hope so! It was a great event. As a local (disregard my current location I need to update it) it was also a lot less disruptive than some of the atheltics events they hold at the park, will have to keep an eye out in the local papers and on the local forums to see what the general populus thought of it.

Thanks to all of those that took their cars out, the marshalls that made it all safe and the people behind the scenes that helped it run smoothly from a paying member of the public
Old 1 Jun 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2702522)   #47
duncanlbrown
Rookie

Angola
Surrey
duncanlbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

Thank you to everyone or the huge effort undertaken to put on this event, it was fantastically well organised and very enjoyable for competitors and spectators alike.

The course, although short was very challenging, and involved much more brain power than I normally apply! I managed to shave a few tenths from my time on each run, with the help of my "spotter" next to the track. An unusual tactic which seemd to work was to brake and change UP to 3rd going into the last corner - meant I could keep the throttle flat to the floor all the way round without getting wheelspin nor understeer nor running out of revs before the finish!

I hope this Sprint becomes an annual fixture, if so I intend to compete again and again.

OH - If anybody has any action shots of me (Car 48 on Sunday - white 205 GTi) I'd be very pleased to see them

Last edited by duncanlbrown; 1 Jun 2010 at 14:01. Reason: missed a bit
Old 1 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2702680)   #48
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Well at the end of yesterday the boss of Ancaster announced that they would back the event in 2011 - A lot of thanks must go to them.

There seems to be little to suggest that we won't be back there. I've already had three provisionals for the alternative fuel class for next year. Plus mine! I'll be back with something more powerful than the exige next year. Trying to beat those darn Tesla's - especially if Gaplin is at the wheel of one of them!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2702701)   #49
HoTWire
Racer

If nothing else the event has galvanised me into action with my on/off,off/on Datsun B310 Hillclimb project. Monies shall be winging their way to Sevenoaks and District motorclub in due course. Fingers crossed I'll be able to add myself to the entry list for next year (if there is room).
Old 1 Jun 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2702758)   #50
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the results online anywhere?