Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:08 (Ref:3501618)   #1
Horney
Rookie

Horney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARDS Medical

This has probably been asked before but I've had a good search and I can't find anything.

I'm applying for my NatB for the first time and I note the medical states information on mental health issues. I've suffered anxiety in the past and was prescribed some anti-depressants for 10 months a few years ago.

Is this going to cause me a problem?
Old 5 Feb 2015, 23:09 (Ref:3501653)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Phone the MSA and ask them, they are very helpful and wont stop you racing without a very good reason. I doubt tablets for anxiety a few years ago would stop you now.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 00:03 (Ref:3501695)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Have the answers ready; which anti-depressants, and exactly when.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3501897)   #4
Horney
Rookie

Cheers peeps, I'll give them a buzz and have all the relevant info to hand.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 07:24 (Ref:3502259)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it will not cause you any problems.A) Its not the type of mental illness they are thinking about.
B) As it was 'a few years ago'the drugs will have left your system shortly after you took the last one.So no need to mention this either.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 10:04 (Ref:3502306)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
TBH I wouldn't worry about anxiety stopping you racing, I'm just learning at the moment that it's quite a common problem but diagnosis is often missed. If you aren't taking any banned medication now it won't be a problem.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3502314)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Just speaking with my daughter who is a trainee psychiatrist, she says anxiety is more of an emotion and an umbrella for a variety of disorders, she says don't put it down. The question relates to severe disorders.

Have you ever been treated for any of the following?
a severe psychiatric illness, mental disorder including
treatment for depression or any behavioural problem
including ADHD

Not sure anxiety falls into that box.

Old 8 Oct 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3580512)   #8
Horney
Rookie

I thought I better update this thread after all this time.

I didn't put it down and also spoke to the medical chap and he agreed to leave it off.

ARDS passed back int he spring!
Old 15 Oct 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3583002)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Thanks for the update.