Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 Jun 2000, 00:00 (Ref:15734)   #1
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can always count on Haga to put on a wild show in World Superbike competition. And Hockenheim was no different.

But is the suspension for failing a drug test, where he tested positive for ephedrine, a little too harsh?

Many of his fellow racers seem to feel the punishment is to hard.
Old 6 Jun 2000, 01:23 (Ref:15746)   #2
IAM
Rookie

IAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Having taken a lot of drugs over the years(Not now though), I don't see what benefit he would get from ephedrin(What is it? and what's it in?) or what harm it could do others around him, or why he would want to take it. So, yes I think the sentence is stiff!

I was wondering what the sentence was for.

Hell of a show he put on this weekend!!! GREAT!!!

Kind of like banning that Baseball player from getting in the hall of fame and from playing baseball again, for gambling! Can't remember his name(That's probably because I'm not a Baseball fan)

Ian
Old 6 Jun 2000, 08:17 (Ref:15790)   #3
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

It looks like that the championship this year has to be won by an American.I don't have anything against Edwards but they are making it very easy for him to get it!

Haga is a rider that can put fire in the race it's a shame we've got to miss him for a month.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 12:47 (Ref:16057)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot of sports athletes used to use ephedrine before competition to clear the sinuses and put the senses on edge. Hockey players were especially guilty of using ephedrine until the league began testing for it. The players say it clears the mind and allows them to focus more on the task at hand. Ephedrine can be found in some cold medication.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 21:24 (Ref:16343)   #5
Redneck
Racer

I believe ephedrine is also found in some of these "stay awake" drugs that can be bought at any conveniece store.

He was aparently caught in a random drug test.

I would love to see Colin win. But I would also like to see a season long duel with Haga.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 14:07 (Ref:16588)   #6
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ephedrine is a mild, slow-acting drug used to treat moderate attacks of bronchial asthma and to relieve nasal congestion from hay fever or infection of the upper respiratory tract.

The source of ephedrine is a Chinese herb called ma huang, also known as Ephedra, Mormon tea or Brigham tea, this Chinese herb has been used for over 2000 years.
Ephedrine can cause high stroke, blood pressure, and heart problems.
It is particularly dangerous to people who have high blood pressure. Adverse effects are nausea, irregular heart beats, insomnia, nervousness and disorientation.
It is also associated with hyperactivity, diarrhea, dizziness, disorientation, numbness, anxiety, chest pains, breathing difficulty, heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat, hypertension, depression, headaches, and insomnia. Three instances of death were associated and several involved heart attacks, seizures and strokes.

Certain Ephedrine products were even banned for a period of time in Texas, when it was identified as the cause of two deaths and tens of hospitalizations. Further bans have been urged by organizations such as The Association of Food and Drug Officials. Such action was prompted after presentations from the Florida and Texas public health and drug officials. In fact, according to AFDO, "The pervasiveness of the ephedrine problem nationally is demonstrated by the actions of 26 states who have considered, proposed or enacted controls on ephedrine that are stricter than federal regulations." AFDO further notes that 12 states have moved to include ephedrine as a prescription drug, making it a controlled substance. Florida, Ohio, and Missouri have taken a lead position in this regard.
Old 11 Jun 2000, 12:14 (Ref:16723)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So he shouldn't have taken it, but the punishment still seems a little steep. A fine and loss of points should have been enough.
Old 20 Jun 2000, 14:10 (Ref:18236)   #8
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the latest on this ? I heard there was an appeal going on ?
Old 20 Jun 2000, 17:20 (Ref:18287)   #9
Redneck
Racer

I knew there was supposed to be an appeal going on. Haga raced at Monza, but I didn't hear anything else.
Old 20 Jun 2000, 17:27 (Ref:18289)   #10
Rossifumi
Racer

He was alowed to race as long there wasn't a verdict yet.
I don't know when it's due doh.
Old 29 Jun 2000, 21:04 (Ref:20322)   #11
Rossifumi
Racer

Haga's appeal is due today(30-6-2000) around noon.I wonder what the outcome will be!