Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Jun 2000, 15:37 (Ref:19192)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Just finished watching the Dutch GP and what a wild old day it was in Holland..the weather was completely all over the place but it provided some good racing. 125's were pretty tame with yuichi Ui winning from Nobby but the 250's were awesome..Anthony West proved to the world today that he is a class rider even though he fell back to 4th at the end his ride in the rain was just brilliant. Alex Barros got up to win only his 2nd ever 500 race which was good to see but i thought Criville was gonna get him in the end...and Kenny roberts crash ...OUCH !!!..thought for sure he was gonna be hurt badly after that one but he got up and staggered away..and what makes it amazing again is he will be back doing it all again probably during the week testing.

GO WESTY
Old 24 Jun 2000, 23:43 (Ref:19270)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EEEEEkkkkkkkkkkk!!! I missed Westy because my family in their wisdom had to watch the football instead...oh well i'll have to watch a replay soem time..

I wish they didn't combine the two races, yes it is the fair thing to do, but in the interest of the spectators, get rid of it!!!

Way to go Barros! I was scared Alex was going to get him...and Rossi....he was in the lead there again...oh well...
Old 24 Jun 2000, 23:48 (Ref:19275)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
does anybody know why every year they run the Dutch GP on a saturday instaed of a sunday ?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 01:55 (Ref:19318)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is due to the local church...i dont mind, was better on Saturday night than sunday night
Old 25 Jun 2000, 19:46 (Ref:19425)   #5
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello i just came back from the Dutch GP at Assen and damn did i see some great races.We got a "little" wet but it was worth it!
Kenny got his flying lessons just in front of me.Man did he fly! I think he can go for the exams right away.Skip the rest of the lessons!!!!!
We where glad doh that he stood up and seemed to be ok.
It was a pitty that they stopped the race for rain doh,it really didn't rain that hard at that time and it did dry up pretty quick too.
I had a great race weekend doh,it was worth the cold and rain!!!
Count me in again for next year!
Old 26 Jun 2000, 12:23 (Ref:19580)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn that channel 10. They only showed the 500s, though that was still excellent racing.

Well done to Anthony West, he'll be going far.
Old 26 Jun 2000, 13:34 (Ref:19596)   #7
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you seen that guy Checcinello? From 24th on the grid, he managed to get home in 4th! Did he pull a John Watson or what? And Abe after the first start - from 15th to 3rd (too bad he didn't keep it up)! On the other hand, the Greatest Disappointment of the Weekend "prize" goes to: Ralf Waldmann. In fact he shares it with Carlos Checa, Ralf for making the worst tyre choice in modern motor-racing (IMHO), and Checa for making the right tyre choice, but failing to make use of it.