Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Jul 2000, 19:19 (Ref:21460)   #1
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Altough Kenny is sure he will race in Doninghton Park this weekend,i have my doubts.
He landed pretty hard on his back in the first lap of the Asser TT.
This is a quote by Kenny himself discribing his injuries:

Quote:
"My ankle has a slightly cracked bone," Kenny reported. "The bottom of my left foot and my toes are black and blue. My right hip flexors are incredibly sore, it's really tough to even lift my leg towards the ceiling. My left elbow is swollen to about half the size of an orange and both hands and thumbs are sore. It's really tough to clap my hands. Also, when I hit, my feet flexed downward and got levered real hard, so they're really sore. Plus, I've got plenty of raspberries and burns just from hitting and sliding."
It looks like he's been hit by a train!

Do you think he will race?
Can he race with this kind of injuries and what if he does,he surely can't be at the front!

Old 5 Jul 2000, 01:34 (Ref:21531)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I didnt know he was that bedly hurt but i must say Im not surprised..i think he will race as these guys dont mind a bit of pain before they go racing but i guess it will slow him down a bit but when the adrenalin takes over anything is possible..lets hope he does race and makes a good show of it.
Old 6 Jul 2000, 04:12 (Ref:21760)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kenny will race I'd say. Kenny Roberts Sr wouldn't let him have a race off for such minor injuries

I'm not that he will do too well in the race, but at least he should get some points.
Old 6 Jul 2000, 08:32 (Ref:21784)   #4
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you on this one, elephino. Back in the old days, guys like Spencer, Mamola, Schwantz or Doohan wouldn't even contemplate missing a race because of a couple of bruises
But seriously, I don't think he would miss a race at such a crucial moment of the championship. He might not be on the pace, but every single point counts. BTW, what about the doctors, do the FIM have their own version of Sid Watkins, who would decide on weather or not a rider would be allowed to race at all?
Old 6 Jul 2000, 15:14 (Ref:21831)   #5
Rossifumi
Racer

The FIM has there own version of Sid Watkins named: Dr. Claudio Costa,who has his own mobile clinic that travels with the Gp circus around the world.
I think though that it's not like in F1 that the doctor decides if a rider is racing or not,but that the rider decides if he wants to race.He will be stopped doh if he is endangering himself or others on the track.
Dr. Costa is more like a goeroe for most riders and most of them will listen to the advises he gives the riders.
Ask Mick Doohan!
Old 7 Jul 2000, 12:01 (Ref:22052)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goeroe? Do you mean guru?

If you want a comparison for KR, in 1992 Doohan came back and couldn't even walk properly. This was rather evident when he crashed (and took out Schwantz) in his first race back.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 13:17 (Ref:22058)   #7
Rossifumi
Racer

It's about time i'm gone buy me that dictionairy!!!