Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Feb 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1533015)   #1
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Radical LMP2

The "teaser" shot is on DSC, full shots out soon - wait til you see the full thing - will blow you away.

Elleray has certainly come up trumps and if it goes as good as it looks this is going to cream LMP2 !

Last edited by Fieldgate; 28 Feb 2006 at 08:41. Reason: mistype
Old 28 Feb 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1533071)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aah, didn't spot that you'd started a new Radical thread. I'll repeat the question I posted on the LM(E)S entries thread:

Will the Rollcentre cars have the same livery as the Dallara's with Deutsche bank continuing as the main sponsor?
Old 28 Feb 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1533113)   #3
Fieldgate
Racer

Livery - thematically similar in that the end result will generally be blue & green I'm sure. But I suspect the 1st run out will be naked carbon

Sponsor - indeed.

ACO at Radical today.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1533168)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldgate
Livery - thematically similar in that the end result will generally be blue & green I'm sure. But I suspect the 1st run out will be naked carbon

Sponsor - indeed.

ACO at Radical today.
Thank you, can't wait to see them on track..........
Old 28 Feb 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1533190)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldgate
Elleray has certainly come up trumps and if it goes as good as it looks this is going to cream LMP2 !

I can't wait to see it run either, and what you can see does look good. Let's not get carried away though, I doubt it will "cream" the field, and given the price, I'll be very happy to see it be extremely competitive and give the Lola's and Porsche fits.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1533370)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks to DSC for highlighting the SR9 update on the Radical website. ACO officials visited the factory today to inspect the SR9. Image gallery here.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1533378)   #7
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks very impressive, like Fieldgate said, if it goes as well as it looks, it should do very well. Having watched Radicals a few times, handling shouldn't be a problem, engine relability would be more my worry.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1533382)   #8
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The car looks fantastic. Especially the back and the nose. However I do not like the big bump before the driver.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1533384)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey77
Looks very impressive, like Fieldgate said, if it goes as well as it looks, it should do very well. Having watched Radicals a few times, handling shouldn't be a problem, engine relability would be more my worry.
Both the 2 litre AER turbo and the Judd 3.4 are proven, reliable units. Martin was clearly more concerned about the gearbox, the Rollcentre cars will be upgraded to LMP1 spec boxes.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1533385)   #10
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Too bad Rollcentre can not test the car before Sebring. Assembling the car in time should not be a problem, but they need to do some serious testing before they can race.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1533405)   #11
Fieldgate
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey77
The Judds were there on Monday in the latest of a series of visits and are very excited (positively moist) to be involved !

However I do not like the big bump before the driver.

wait until the fairing around the driver and over the roll-bars is on - you may change your mind
Old 28 Feb 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1533406)   #12
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Too bad Rollcentre can not test the car before Sebring. Assembling the car in time should not be a problem, but they need to do some serious testing before they can race.
Rollcentre will not be at Sebring and will instead test the car in the UK before attending the Paul Ricard test days and the Istanbul round of the LMS.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1533417)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've heard it mentioned more than once that the Porsche is a conservative design, albeit well executed.

Is there anything, no pun intented, radical about this car.

Looks very swoopy and Zytek like, very unlike the Porsche, R8/10.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1533421)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is gorgeous!!!!

Now all we need is a North American buyer to compete in it over here in the ALMS....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Feb 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1533423)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It does look the business. Although driver protection seems a bit old school at this stage, which I'm sure will improve (I would hope).

Definitely smart for Rollcentre to go with the LMP1 gearbox, as long as it doesn't compromise the overall weight. The extra 25kgs helped that decision I bet.

My big question is can it take a few licks and keep on ticking?
Old 28 Feb 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1533440)   #16
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I think it is gorgeous!!!!

Now all we need is a North American buyer to compete in it over here in the ALMS....

Funny you should say that!.........
Old 28 Feb 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1533443)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Must be one of two things:

Telepathy

or

Very wishful Thinking....

Old 28 Feb 2006, 19:53 (Ref:1533446)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I also think it looks the business.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1533590)   #19
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, that does look nice. They should keep it black
Old 1 Mar 2006, 01:30 (Ref:1533624)   #20
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
That does look the part, really pretty. I want one in ALMS!
Old 1 Mar 2006, 02:17 (Ref:1533641)   #21
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it.
I wonder what the factory team will look like, with that "tasty" sponsor.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 04:06 (Ref:1533657)   #22
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
That does look the part, really pretty. I want one in ALMS!

Funny you should say that!!!!

(sorry, Graham....that's your line)

Old 1 Mar 2006, 06:00 (Ref:1533683)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It even looks like it might have a nice arse end on it !!!
Old 1 Mar 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1533719)   #24
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html has some extra pictures taken by Martin Short.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1533824)   #25
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

The new Radical SR9 looks great in the pictures and will look even better when Rollcentre has their two on the track and all painted up. On the Mulsanne Corner site it was interesting to read that Creation Autosortif had a delay with their car because of a world wide carbon fibre shortage!

Nick