Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Oct 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2568910)   #276
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Wasn't there a Group C race there with about 4 people in the stands?
And flying manhole covers, was it? Before my time...

I would definitely attend an FIA-GT event at Mosport if I was free the appropriate weekend.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2569013)   #277
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
According to the current contract, Gilles Villeneuve is allowed TWO races a year. Given there is an F1 race in June, and the NASCAR event in August, it seems as though that two race quota is currently used up. Either they get the contract changed, or they'll be looking elsewhere.

A FIA GT race at Montreal...... the attendance would be ... underwhelming..

Run it at Mosport along with Trans Am and Speed WC... you'd have 40,000+ on race day with proper advertising.
Nah run it as an undercard to the ALMS race. This would be a big draw and help for both series.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 01:04 (Ref:2569028)   #278
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Nah run it as an undercard to the ALMS race. This would be a big draw and help for both series.
Different weekend on the schedules. The ALMS race doesn't really need to draw many more people, and the additional sanction fee wouldn't make economic sense for the marginal numbers extra it would pull in.

Having another weekend for Mosport, where numbers grew to ALMS like, would be a help for the track.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2569146)   #279
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am not against Canada or North America, but why going there ? FIA GT has nothing to do there, plus they already have ALMS and Grand-Am, frankly I prefered Australia, Eastern Creek as mentioned in a 1st time...dropping San Luis thats foolish, and no Italian round too...
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2569181)   #280
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
I am not against Canada or North America, but why going there ? FIA GT has nothing to do there, plus they already have ALMS and Grand-Am, frankly I prefered Australia, Eastern Creek as mentioned in a 1st time...dropping San Luis thats foolish, and no Italian round too...
Ford and Corvette might consider it of interest. And if the rumor is correct, San Luis dropped out rather than being dropped.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2569667)   #281
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wasn't there a Group C race there with about 4 people in the stands?
Grand Am has done alright more recently. Canadian content might be the key though.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2569694)   #282
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Grand Am has done alright more recently. Canadian content might be the key though.
Grand Am?? Well, most are really there for NASCAR though.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2570045)   #283
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame Eastern Creek didn't get a round...maybe 2011?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 27 Oct 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2570826)   #284
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
The JGTC links are also interesting - if that one comes off I can see this stupid thing actually working. Not keen on the sprint racing or the legality of cars but I'll still be impressed if it all works out.

Thought some rounds may be GP support, especially outside Europe, but it would appear not, even if some are close.
Well it seems there are no links, per se, with the JGTC and the Rat's GT-1. Here

L.P.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2571467)   #285
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The GT1 World Champiosnhip is supposed to cover the whole world. Therefore, it should visit North America at least once per year. Italy and Australia are a must, I agree.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2571670)   #286
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well it seems there are no links, per se, with the JGTC and the Rat's GT-1. Here

L.P.
Not the first time it's been linked - not the first time its been denied either!

And (engage pedant mode) it isn't JGTC any more!
Old 30 Oct 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2572683)   #287
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
any one could help find the names of the 2nd teams for Nissan (after Gigawave), Aston Martin (after Hexis Racing A.M.R.) and Lamborghini (after Reiter Engineering) ?
Old 30 Oct 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2572699)   #288
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
any one could help find the names of the 2nd teams for Nissan (after Gigawave), Aston Martin (after Hexis Racing A.M.R.) and Lamborghini (after Reiter Engineering) ?
I've heard TBA and TBD are in the running.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2581805)   #289
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today www.sportmotores.es reveals details about possible tracks which SRO is in negotiations for 2010 schedule. Montreal, Mosport and Mont Tremblant are mentioned in Canada, Interlagos in Brazil more Chengdu in China.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2581847)   #290
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah they say Mont-Tremblant already had an ALMS race... I'm in Canada and I'll keep on being very skeptic until I hear something-anything about this FIA GT race... but I would drive to Tremblant in a heartbeat!
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2582036)   #291
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Chengdu is quite a surprise! SportMotores.es claims that the track is seriously bumpy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Traginer of SportMotores.es
todo apunta a que el trazado saldrá de entre Montreal, Mont Tremblant y Mosport.

everything is set that the course will be either Montreal, Mont Tremblant or Mosport
Would anyone expect another Canadian circuit???

Last edited by NaBUru38; 14 Nov 2009 at 21:11.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 23:09 (Ref:2582099)   #292
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Chengdu is quite a surprise! SportMotores.es claims that the track is seriously bumpy...
Well, GTs can probably handle that better than the A1GP cars.