Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Mar 2018, 01:43 (Ref:3808457)   #26
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More Phelps garbage
Old 18 Mar 2018, 01:41 (Ref:3808738)   #27
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Holden Wants Female Supercar Driver

More Phelps brilliance, conveniently forgetting that Calderon has already been signed as a Sauber test pilot. Doubt she would have ever been interested anyway.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 05:57 (Ref:3808790)   #28
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If he had half a clue, he'd have broken the story back in October...
Old 18 Mar 2018, 06:23 (Ref:3808795)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If he had half a clue, he'd have broken the story back in October...
Well... Tekno were said to be a long way down the path of orchestrating a switch for SdS to their squad. Presumably their apparent disarray at the time got in the way of that... but talks on some level were said to have occurred.

Mr Dane & his pilots have all spoken highly of SdS in public, and its not likely a political setup...

Gotta be better than the Kelly Krate...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Mar 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3808800)   #30
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Molly isn't off contract for two years, as suggested in the article, that would make her 31, and that would be starting at the bottom. We are saying drivers in her mid-30s are getting over the hill now, why would she bother?
Old 19 Mar 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3809082)   #31
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If Molly isn't off contract for two years, as suggested in the article, that would make her 31, and that would be starting at the bottom. We are saying drivers in her mid-30s are getting over the hill now, why would she bother?
Firstly, it's not polite to discuss a lady's age.

Secondly, switching from rally to circuit racing seems like a non-trivial exercise. Although N. Bates and R. Bates did do quite alright, amongst Bond and others.

Wouldn't Holden do better to enter the ARC under the manufacturer friendly local homologation rules, apparently this cut costs drastically compared to international spec R5 rally cars?
Old 19 Mar 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3809088)   #32
Umai Naa
Veteran

There's one being used by Mr Murphy in NZ.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3809785)   #33
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Molly Taylor flattered by Holden Supercars interest
Old 22 Mar 2018, 05:59 (Ref:3809792)   #34
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of interest in that is there have been no discussions.

Good headline grabber then.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3809808)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nowt but clickbait.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3809963)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, NisMoAu pairs their only real asset with a young, inexperienced schoolkid, who may not have a positive impact on that female driver’s results.

NisMoAu has an asset they aren’t even beginning to scratch the surface to leverage

Hopefully Holden, if they get their effluent together, won’t be so lazy with their sporting property...
Old 22 Mar 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3810002)   #37
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, NisMoAu pairs their only real asset with a young, inexperienced schoolkid, who may not have a positive impact on that female driver’s results.
In a uncompetitive Nissan and a hand me down chassis to boot. As long as she is with Nissan we will not see her full potential and I think she has a lot more to show. Newcastle was a glimpse.

Its a crying shame she isnt in a Falcon or Commodore.
Old 23 Mar 2018, 06:54 (Ref:3810040)   #38
Umai Naa
Veteran

If the stories are true, SdS gets more helpful advice elsewhere in the paddock, than within the Kelly operation.
Old 23 Mar 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3810084)   #39
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 of the Altimas have a Nissan Nismo sticker on the back quarter panel. The fourth car is blank in that space.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3810402)   #40
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well based on the driving skills of the current female driver, we probably wont have 2 running anytime soon. This series is well above her TBH.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3810494)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
well based on the driving skills of the current female driver, we probably wont have 2 running anytime soon. This series is well above her TBH.
Imagine lining up in a 100m foot race with your teammates all inside Usain Bolt Suits, while yours is a George Costanza edition.

At some point SdS needs to let it all hang out, to share what is really going on for her...
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3810512)   #42
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
In a uncompetitive Nissan and a hand me down chassis to boot. As long as she is with Nissan we will not see her full potential and I think she has a lot more to show. Newcastle was a glimpse.
I hate this, she is a world class driver and I'd love to see her comfortable in a 888 car to see how good she really is against our best.

As a long time Leanne Tander fan, I've long yearned to see how the best female driver stacks up against the blokes.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:28 (Ref:3810514)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Imagine lining up in a 100m foot race with your teammates all inside Usain Bolt Suits, while yours is a George Costanza edition.

At some point SdS needs to let it all hang out, to share what is really going on for her...
I think the frustration is already starting to show.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3810515)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think the frustration is already starting to show.
Not helping her is the recent barging, plus the fact that she seems to throw it away any time she is close to a hard-earned result.

The sign of a great driver is putting a car where it doesn't belong, and she hasn't done that.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3810518)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Well she kinda has, hence the recent history of biffo...
Old 24 Mar 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3810519)   #46
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Well she kinda has, hence the recent history of biffo...
I don't mean in a gap it shouldn't be in, but showing up on the podium in a wet or otherwise crazy race.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 01:32 (Ref:3810541)   #47
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

yeap maybe a different car (manufacturer) might be better for her.
Not many are doing much in a nissan sadly
Old 25 Mar 2018, 04:27 (Ref:3810558)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I don't mean in a gap it shouldn't be in, but showing up on the podium in a wet or otherwise crazy race.
The Krate doesn’t seem to be up to even that.

Watch the lap times after a stop, a couple of quickies then the chassis cooks the tyres. It could be a Cole Trickle problem, however more likely the chassis/damper spec impacting more than a hungry right foot.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3810732)   #49
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Manufacturers should first help female drivers to compete in Super2.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3810828)   #50
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simona to replace Lowndesy next year????????