Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Oct 2008, 05:21 (Ref:2320878)   #1
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Grand Prix 100: 80-71(a)

Life gets in the way of compiling silly lists, and in between now and the previous installment of the Grand Prix 100, the number of winners in the World Championship era increased by one. Luckily, he fit well into the following segment, so no big worries for now.

Drivers 100-91
Drivers 90-81

80: Jarno Trulli, Italy (1974- )
Active: 1997-present
Career Races: 201 (started 198)
Wins: 1
First Win: 2004 Monaco Grand Prix

79: Alessandro Nannini, Italy (1959- )
Active: 1986-1990
Career Races: 78 (started 76)
First Win: 1989 Japanese Grand Prix

78: Lorenzo Bandini, Italy (1935-1967)
Active: 1961-1967
Career Races: 42
First Win: 1964 Austrian Grand Prix

77: Johnny Herbert, United Kingdom (1964-)
Active: 1989-2000
Career Races: 195 (started 161)
Wins: 3
First Win: 1995 British Grand Prix
Last Win: 1999 European Grand Prix

76: Piero Taruffi, Italy (1906-1988)
Active: 1950-1956
Career Races: 19 (started 18)
First Win: 1952 Swiss Grand Prix

75: Jean-Pierre Beltoise, France (1937- )
Active: 1967-1974
Career Races: 88 (started 86)
First Win: 1972 Monaco Grand Prix

74: Jochen Mass, Germany (1946- )
Active: 1973-1982
Career Races: 114 (started 105)
First Win: 1975 Spanish Grand Prix

73: Jenson Button, United Kingdom (1980- )
Active: 2000-present
Career Races: 154 (started 152)
First Win: 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix

72: Robert Kubica, Poland (1984- )
Active: 2006-present
Career Races: 39
First Win: 2008 Canadian Grand Prix

71: Heikki Kovalainen, Finland (1981- )
Active: 2007-present
Career Races: 34
First Win: 2008 Hungarian Grand Prix

71(a): Sebastian Vettel, Germany (1987-)
Active: 2007-present
Career Races: 25
First Win: 2008 Italian Grand Prix

I'll be back soon with supplemental text.

Last edited by Bononi; 26 Oct 2008 at 14:36.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2320933)   #2
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu
So my next 10 (in order of first win): Taruffi, Bandini, Ginther, Siffert, Beltoise, Pace, Mass, Herbert, Button, Kovalainen.
7/10 correct there in earlier topic. Of course Vettel won his first after that so couldn't count him.

I have to think my next ten for a while. Ginther, Siffert and Pace are three of them anyway, but I have to choose seven others.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2320968)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Loving this!!

Sorry to nit pick but iirc, Johnny Herbert was born in 1964 if it's possible to edit that little bit?
Old 26 Oct 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2321107)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Done.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2321114)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nicely done. Is this in random order or how you actually rate them? Because I would have Robert higher than Heikki. IMO anyways.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2321175)   #6
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Nicely done. Is this in random order or how you actually rate them? Because I would have Robert higher than Heikki. IMO anyways.
I haven't added the supplemental text yet, but it describes how I could not fairly judge which of Kubica, Kovalainen, and Vettel should be higher on the list, so I just listed them in chronological order based on their time of victory.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2321176)   #7
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
You took the words from my mouth... the order appears to be random alright.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2321179)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Obviously, everyone on the forum will have their own opinion, and it won't tally exactly with Fish_Flake's.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2321183)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does it matter?

Top stuff Fish_Flake.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2321185)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Flake
I haven't added the supplemental text yet, but it describes how I could not fairly judge which of Kubica, Kovalainen, and Vettel should be higher on the list, so I just listed them in chronological order based on their time of victory.
I think maybe this is the best way to rate them, so far !
Old 26 Oct 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2321188)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Obviously, everyone on the forum will have their own opinion, and it won't tally exactly with Fish_Flake's.
Exactly... it follows that anything other than my opinion I consider to be random
Old 26 Oct 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2321220)   #12
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Since 1950, there have been 101 drivers who have won World Championship races. 33 own just 1 victory, and over half 3 or less. That contingent includes flashes in the pan, drivers who inherited lucky wins, aging pre-war stalwarts, Fangio place-setters, career midfielders, drivers who were killed or maimed before reaching their full potential, part-timers, drivers who deserved far more, drivers who will achieve far more, and World Champions. Admittedly, there is no absolute way to qualify all the drivers who make up the Bottom 50 of the list; so yeah, it's going to look random to some people right now. No attempt at this kind of ranking can be definite at the point that has been revealed thus far.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2321989)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Great stuff as always, Flake. I can't really comment on the drivers I'm not old enough to remember, but I think the drivers from recent years are probably ranked about right. Long-term, some of them will be far better (I don't think Kubica will be 72nd in a couple of years, for instance!), but after 1 win and only a couple of years in F1 there isn't a lot to choose between the likes of Kubica and Kovalainen. Kubica has the greater potential, but I think a top 100 of potential would look very different.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Oct 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2322830)   #14
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So now my pick for next 10:
Gonzalez, Trintignant, Ginther, Siffert, Revson, Pace, Depailler, Tambay, Irvine and Fisichella.

Let's see how many goes right this time.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 01:57 (Ref:2323085)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Your hard work is greatly appreciated Flake...Just wonderful!
Old 29 Oct 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2323454)   #16
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for posting another installment in the series.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 05:22 (Ref:2354026)   #17
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Work.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2371683)   #18
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please let's have #70-61. Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2374587)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I know it's a bit late, but is there any particular reason for not including a photo of Heikki Kovalainen?
Old 20 Jan 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2375270)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was one included, just looks like the link to it has busted.

And so the man becomes as invisible on the forum as he does on track.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2397870)   #21
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand your busy, just letting you know i'm looking forward to the next installment whenever you get a chance to do it

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 15 Feb 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2397938)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The season will soon start...