Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Nov 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3476702)   #1
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 Blancpain Sprint Series

Let's start with the Blancpain Sprint Series Calendar 2015:

1. Nogaro, France (04-06 April 2015)
2. Brands Hatch, Great Britain (09-10 May 2015)
3. Zolder, Belgium (05-07 June 2015)
4. Moscow, Russia (03-05 July 2015)
5. Portimão Portugal (04-06 September 2015)
6. Misano, Italy (02-04 October 2015)
7. Baku, Azerbaijan (24-25 October 2015)
Old 19 Nov 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3476707)   #2
IndyMeister
Racer

I.S.R. Racing with 2 Audis

I.S.R. Racing to enter two Audis in BSS and BES:
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...racing-in-2015

I wonder if we see Filip Salaquarda in one of them
Old 19 Nov 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3476720)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Grasser have their lead car up for sale so I don't know if they'll return but I hope they do. Bleekmolen and Procyzk have been a wonderful pairing so would love to see back to have another shot at the title.

Bai Tech have made noises about returning but not sure if it was in the Sprint or Endurance series or a combination of both.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3476803)   #4
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the sprint series is recovering well from the GT1 turnmoil. Cannot wait to see a Moscow street race. WoW!
Old 21 Nov 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3477280)   #5
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
HTP is there to stay!
Old 21 Nov 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3477283)   #6
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Looks like Zanardi will come back next year:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...ng-2014-season

"Sometimes you may deserve something, but you did not get it. So all you can do is to try it again. And this a little bit the same with my story in para-cycling. It has been a great season, but I know that it is possible to improve. So next year it will be another opportunity for me to try again. I know the clock is ticking, I am 48-years-old and I can’t go on forever, but I am very excited that, in spite of my age, I am absolutely convinced that I can keep myself at the same high level both in para-cycling and in motorsport."
Old 21 Nov 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3477290)   #7
IndyMeister
Racer

Team Brasil

Caca Bueno bound to be back with Team Brasil in 2015:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/cac...toire-en-2015/
Old 21 Nov 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3477368)   #8
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Would be great to have the Brazilians back for another crack, one of the best paint schemes in racing this year.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3477379)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesn't quite have as Brazilian vibe as this 5 years ago (even if it was rebranded DKR)

Old 22 Nov 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3477577)   #10
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Would be great to have the Brazilians back for another crack, one of the best paint schemes in racing this year.
Totally agree

Old 23 Nov 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3477735)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see a Z4 that is a brighter then black white or grey
Old 1 Dec 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3480589)   #12
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Grasser have their lead car up for sale so I don't know if they'll return but I hope they do. Bleekmolen and Procyzk have been a wonderful pairing so would love to see back to have another shot at the title.

Bai Tech have made noises about returning but not sure if it was in the Sprint or Endurance series or a combination of both.
heard they will run 2 prototype lambo owned lambo GT3s next year, then lambo will sell them to the public from 2016.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 05:58 (Ref:3480592)   #13
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
heard they will run 2 prototype lambo owned lambo GT3s next year, then lambo will sell them to the public from 2016.

That's great to hear, they did well this year fighting HTP and WRT especially since they are much smaller and with a lot less money.

Scudd I take it the car you're referring to is this-the recently unveiled Gallardo Extenso GT3?

http://sportscar365.com/industry/rei...o-extenso-gt3/

Thinking of upgrading in 2016-or maybe even the Huracan?
Old 1 Dec 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3480679)   #14
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's great to hear, they did well this year fighting HTP and WRT especially since they are much smaller and with a lot less money.

Scudd I take it the car you're referring to is this-the recently unveiled Gallardo Extenso GT3?

http://sportscar365.com/industry/rei...o-extenso-gt3/
no, grasser are running the huracan through lambo.
Quote:

Thinking of upgrading in 2016-or maybe even the Huracan?
no plans yet, concentrating on having a strong Bathurst 12hr in 2 months first.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3480685)   #15
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
no, grasser are running the huracan through lambo.
no plans yet, concentrating on having a strong Bathurst 12hr in 2 months first.

My bad I misread your post the first time. Lambo owned Lambos-no Reiter involvement there of course.

Best of luck with B12, I'll be there cheering you guys on
Old 1 Dec 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3480721)   #16
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
WOOW, Won't until an official confirmation.

Quote:
My bad I misread your post the first time. Lambo owned Lambos-no Reiter involvement there of course.
CTRL + COPY , CTRL + PASTE to 2nd GEN R8 LMS Ultra
Old 1 Dec 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3480747)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I thought Grasser had close cooperation with Reiter.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3480837)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I thought Grasser had close cooperation with Reiter.

Me too. Maybe they got an offer to good to refuse?

In more HTP to Bentley news, according to DSC they are running no less then five cars next year for Blancpain and Adac GT. :wow:
Old 1 Dec 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3480882)   #19
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
I won't discard M - SPORT reentering then. Now I'm only worried for Mclaren and Mercedes.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3482064)   #20
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
2015 Blancpain Sprint Series

Quote:

Apologies if this has already been confirmed but the team will return to BSS next year with both cars as well as the Endurance series. Drivers TBA.

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...ain-endurance/

Great news to hear they're back
Old 15 Dec 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3485296)   #21
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
So, does the Baku finale get impacted if the inaugural F1 race on their own street circuit in Azerbaijan is moved up from2016 to 2015?
Old 15 Dec 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3485306)   #22
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Ha, didn't realise it was the 'European Grand Prix'.

Anyway, Stephane has often quoted '3 years', '3 years', '3 years', so I suspect it will happen in 2015 at least. Hopefully in following years it will continue or maybe even support the F1 race (sprint series would fit into that schedule perfectly).
Old 15 Dec 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3485318)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
maybe even support the F1 race (sprint series would fit into that schedule perfectly).
No it wouldn't as unless your name is GP2 (or the event is Australian Grand Prix), you're only gonna get one or two max 30 min races in garbage timeslots. Even if there's no one else in the support bill...

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Dec 2014 at 20:38.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3485348)   #24
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Shows you how much I watch F1, I'm still thinking of F3000 supporting the main European rounds (although I preferred when they ran their own schedule). Do V8s still support in Australia?

Did I hear right that they moved the Porsche Cup races from the Sunday too?
Old 16 Dec 2014, 01:03 (Ref:3485368)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

No Supercup is still Sunday for their 30 minute race (or 25 I don't know/care)

V8SC is at Melbourne but only short non-championship sprints again. Couple of years ago they were at Abu Boring too and were the only support series, yet still had to suffer F1's supremacy complex and have crappy 30 minute sprints in useless times of the day, and Sunday's finale was scheduled hours and hours away from the GP start so that no one would come to see it