Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you pick as your driver of the Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 26 48.15%
Nico Rosberg 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 4 7.41%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 1.85%
Valtteri Bottas 2 3.70%
Felipe Massa 7 12.96%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 2 3.70%
Nico Hulkenberg 2 3.70%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 9 16.67%
Roberto Merhi 1 1.85%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Jul 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3555912)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2015

Who do you pick as your driver of the Grand Prix?
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3555919)   #2
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso . Hell , he got a point!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3555926)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for basically making the most of attrition. No.

Bottas and Massa would've but the rain ruined that, Bottas' chances especially.

Vettel almost lucked into 3rd but it was his call so kudos.

Hulkenberg? Kvyat? Rosberg even?

Nah. Lewis. He drove a mega race and was even better in the rain. Inspired driving and a handy call to pit too...
Old 5 Jul 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3555929)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3555940)   #5
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For being "Starter of the day" ...Felipe Massa
Old 5 Jul 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3555951)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso this time - He has finally scored a point!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3555959)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Hamilton and Vettel for me. I gave it to the race winner. I was hoping to be able to vote for Massa.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3555965)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Either Hamilton, Vettel or Hulkenberg for me. Not too sure I have enough to go on to vote for Nico. Obviously a good performance also in an improved car, but I'm not sure whether to quite go for driver of the GP. Either Hamilton or Vettel then and I'll go for Hamilton because Vettel at least had time to hear of Hamilton's call for intermediates. I don't know if he made his own call regardless. In either case, well seized opportunity by both of them, but for the benefit of the doubt and the extra 'pressure' of getting back to the front in your home Grand Prix, I'll opt for Lewis.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3555967)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso, he brought it home and in the points.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3555970)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got to be Felipe for his trademark lightning start that certainly spiced up the first half of the race, and for giving hope that we might have had an unexpected outcome. The somewhat biased commentators that I heard said that Valterri was quicker and should have been allowed passed, but the only time the Finn looked like getting close was using DRS, hardly evidence that he was faster than Massa round a lap.

Great drive spoilt by pit stops and rain, but an excellent fourth place and ahead (well) of his younger team mate.

If that is not reason enough he also brought a smile to Frank and Clare Williams faces. Nice to see.

Well that's my opinion, and you can ...........

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3555975)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well - Hamilton did win it - but he had to work for it. Those Williams had him at the start. Fair play to him for making the good call for tyres in the wet.

Vettel made an inspired choice for the pitstop as well. Making up for the Ferrari's lack of pace in the dry.

My heart goes out to both of the Williams drivers. Felipe made a mega start and was holding his teammate at bay for the start of the race. Bottas wanted that win - he tried to overtake.

Good showing for Kyvat making it up to 6th.

DOTOR - My head says Vettel for the good pit-call and making it up to 3rd; my heart says Felipe for that mega start and leading those first lot of laps - as well as racing his teammate. I'm going to give it to Felipe.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3555990)   #12
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
For being "Starter of the day" ...Felipe Massa
Yup. Blinder!
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3556010)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's gotta be Kyvat, as he drove a flawless race. Almost everyone else had some point of weakness during the race....

Hamilton: his was clearly much slower than his teammate in the early damp conditions, and got very lucky in that final stop that the rain came. Otherwise he would have been a very distant 2nd as it seemed like he was coming in either way.

Rosberg: he was decent, but he did fail to pass either one of the Williams in the dry, and ultimately ended up 10s behind Hamilton

Vettel: he had bad luck the first couple of laps with Kyvat and Perez forcing their way through, and Hulk at the start, but passed Perez, got Kyvat and Hulk in the pits, then was very fast in the wet and jumped the Williams. Even without pitting on the correct lap he was only about 5s behind Bottas, so Bottas was never going to hold him off. Oh and he passed Kimi. The weak point in Vettels race was in the dry after the first stops, he was unable to catch Kimi and dropped a couple of seconds. Otherwise a very good race.

Massa: nah, he was a mobile chicane in the first part of the race, making sure Williams fail to capitilise on a potential win

Bottas: nah, he might have been quick early on, but he never managed to pass Massa and when the rain came he was lapping 3-4s a lap slower than Massa. That's some serious bad wet weather driving.

Hulk: great start up to 5th, but was slow thereafter. When the rain came he was very quick at times, but seemed to be slower in the heavier rain as he dropped a long way off Kyvat.

Perez was slow. Kimi was a muppet sitting out there for so long losing 10s a lap, and was slow when the rain came anyway.

Alonso: Took his teammate out through his own error, went on to finish 10th with only the Manors and Ericsson behind him, who was closing 4-6s a lap at the end but ran out of laps, and was only behind because he put on the wrong tyres. Not exactly a star drive, he finished maybe 1 position higher than he should have.

That just leaves Kyvat: passed Vettel on the first or second lap, jumped Hulk in the pit stops, caught Vettel again who had undercut him. He was very fast in the wet, I think only Rosberg and Hulk were faster than him at one point. If he pitted on the same lap as Vettel he would have been 4th, maybe even 3rd as he was faster. In the end caught Bottas, another lap and he would easily have been past him.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3556048)   #14
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Gave it to Massa, faultless, pity the team didn't support him properly.

Want to give it to Lewis who should be commended for his tyre stop just as he was condemned in Monaco, took courage!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3556057)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Alonso, he brought it home and in the points.
And it didnt blow up. or make the tea when he was wobbling round the back! Progress...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3556059)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And it didnt blow up. or make the tea when he was wobbling round the back! Progress...
You missed the bit, where he took out his good buddy JB.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3556067)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You missed the bit, where he took out his good buddy JB.
That was strategic, to reduce miles on his engine, for next race
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:56 (Ref:3556071)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That was strategic, to reduce miles on his engine, for next race
Capt. Ron's plan is slowly unraveling.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3556083)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone provide me a good reason to vote for Kimi???
Old 6 Jul 2015, 03:08 (Ref:3556086)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Can someone provide me a good reason to vote for Kimi???
He didn't get it all crossed up and drive into the side of his team mate, unlike somebody else who has got votes?
Old 6 Jul 2015, 05:28 (Ref:3556097)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now! We all entitled to our opinion, and it is not for me to criticise anyone else's choice, however, might I gently point out to those of my fellow voters who plumped for Alonso that;

He only scored a point due to the attrition, and as this was mainly caused by the elimination of the two Loti, and his team mate at the first opportunity, all caused by an over ambitious Ricciardo!!

So while I have already cast my vote, can I nominate Daniel as a better choice than Fernando?
Old 6 Jul 2015, 05:42 (Ref:3556099)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think it's gotta be Kyvat, as he drove a flawless race. Almost everyone else had some point of weakness during the race....

Hamilton: his was clearly much slower than his teammate in the early damp conditions, and got very lucky in that final stop that the rain came. Otherwise he would have been a very distant 2nd as it seemed like he was coming in either way.

Rosberg: he was decent, but he did fail to pass either one of the Williams in the dry, and ultimately ended up 10s behind Hamilton

Vettel: he had bad luck the first couple of laps with Kyvat and Perez forcing their way through, and Hulk at the start, but passed Perez, got Kyvat and Hulk in the pits, then was very fast in the wet and jumped the Williams. Even without pitting on the correct lap he was only about 5s behind Bottas, so Bottas was never going to hold him off. Oh and he passed Kimi. The weak point in Vettels race was in the dry after the first stops, he was unable to catch Kimi and dropped a couple of seconds. Otherwise a very good race.

Massa: nah, he was a mobile chicane in the first part of the race, making sure Williams fail to capitilise on a potential win

Bottas: nah, he might have been quick early on, but he never managed to pass Massa and when the rain came he was lapping 3-4s a lap slower than Massa. That's some serious bad wet weather driving.

Hulk: great start up to 5th, but was slow thereafter. When the rain came he was very quick at times, but seemed to be slower in the heavier rain as he dropped a long way off Kyvat.

Perez was slow. Kimi was a muppet sitting out there for so long losing 10s a lap, and was slow when the rain came anyway.

Alonso: Took his teammate out through his own error, went on to finish 10th with only the Manors and Ericsson behind him, who was closing 4-6s a lap at the end but ran out of laps, and was only behind because he put on the wrong tyres. Not exactly a star drive, he finished maybe 1 position higher than he should have.

That just leaves Kyvat: passed Vettel on the first or second lap, jumped Hulk in the pit stops, caught Vettel again who had undercut him. He was very fast in the wet, I think only Rosberg and Hulk were faster than him at one point. If he pitted on the same lap as Vettel he would have been 4th, maybe even 3rd as he was faster. In the end caught Bottas, another lap and he would easily have been past him.
Good analysis. I hardly saw any of Daniil's race, but could see it was up there as a very good drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Gave it to Massa, faultless, pity the team didn't support him properly.

Want to give it to Lewis who should be commended for his tyre stop just as he was condemned in Monaco, took courage!
I want Massa to take the initiative on the tyre stop, though. He could have called it.

Last edited by Born Racer; 6 Jul 2015 at 06:10.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 08:00 (Ref:3556115)   #23
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Bottas because he discarded team orders and tried to pass Massa. Bottas was giving heaps of room, which was the obvious reason he didn't get passed, but I think if the team backed him, allowed him to up the engine power and go for it early on, he had a very real chance of winning this one. I'm quite disappointed with Williams. Another complete shambles of a race when it was almost gifted to them on a platter. They aim for 3rd in every race. If they aimed for the win, hell, they might even get it!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3556148)   #24
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I voted Bottas because he discarded team orders and tried to pass Massa. Bottas was giving heaps of room, which was the obvious reason he didn't get passed, but I think if the team backed him, allowed him to up the engine power and go for it early on, he had a very real chance of winning this one. I'm quite disappointed with Williams. Another complete shambles of a race when it was almost gifted to them on a platter. They aim for 3rd in every race. If they aimed for the win, hell, they might even get it!
But surely the team said he could race after a couple of minutes of hold station while we think about things?

I also disagree with everything else you say! They were outclassed by the Merc's, and at no point was a 'gifted' win on a platter coming their way. But that outclassing wasn't due to aiming low, just to not being as good. Damn close though. The rain probably stopped them having one or two cars on the podium, more than any tactical issues.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3556158)   #25
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Capt. Ron's plan is slowly unraveling.
Capt Ron's plan unravelled very quickly some time ago.

Although it's fashionable to mock Won, and knock him at any opportunity, he has been a huge success in Formula One through his own management talents. This season must be a serious hurt.

For what it's worth, I am prepared to accept that the McLaren bit of the McLaren is a decent car, which must mean the Honda is the ultimate dog. I think everyone (including Won) believed that Honda has a magic wand and can serve up a brilliant engine every time. We can all now see that that is not the case.