Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jan 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3794875)   #51
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Force Formula One Team.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3794878)   #52
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think I've ever looked forward to an F1 season less. Engines are still the most important factor by a long way and the three engine rule is farcical with the weak penalty that goes with it.

The most interesting race this year will be the one to see who can get their paperwork for an engine change in first to avoid the back of the grid.

Add in all the whining and moaning about the Halo and this is going to be a season to forget.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3794952)   #53
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Any news yet on television coverage details in U.S. with the move from nbcsn?
Old 25 Jan 2018, 15:44 (Ref:3794986)   #54
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Any news yet on television coverage details in U.S. with the move from nbcsn?
their new deal is with ESPN/ABC...i believe i read that the races will be aired live but not sure which channel will cover which race/session. i suspect most of it will be on one of the ESPN channels so behind a subscription/pay wall.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:03 (Ref:3795162)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And there’s the dreaded halo. In this week’s Autosport, there’s a quote from Martin Brundle, in which he says that one driver said that contrary to what Vettel said, not every driver was united in their support for the halo...
Old 26 Jan 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3795205)   #56
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And there’s the dreaded halo. In this week’s Autosport, there’s a quote from Martin Brundle, in which he says that one driver said that contrary to what Vettel said, not every driver was united in their support for the halo...
Hamilton intitally came out with scathing comments on the Halo, then I guess either the FIA or Mercedes elbowed him in the chest and then he changed his tune to one of towing the party line.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3795208)   #57
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Hamilton intitally came out with scathing comments on the Halo, then I guess either the FIA or Mercedes elbowed him in the chest and then he changed his tune to one of towing the party line.
He saw the video presentation and changed his mind based on the facts he saw.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3795218)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think what Brundle was saying was not that many drivers were actually in favour of the halo. In fact Brundle thinks the halo might have been part of the reason the tall Kubica was not chosen for Williams
Old 26 Jan 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3795243)   #59
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
He saw the video presentation and changed his mind because he was told to.
Fixed it for you
Old 26 Jan 2018, 12:56 (Ref:3795246)   #60
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
their new deal is with ESPN/ABC...i believe i read that the races will be aired live but not sure which channel will cover which race/session. i suspect most of it will be on one of the ESPN channels so behind a subscription/pay wall.
This is all I know to this point. I haven't heard anything about announcers, whether qualifying will be on an ESPN channel or online only, even whether the races will be live or not, or even on an ESPN channel or just online.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 04:51 (Ref:3795365)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Force Formula One Team.
"Jordan"
Old 2 Feb 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3797824)   #62
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not really news but this is the FIA 2018 official entry list.

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formu...-f1-entry-list

Aston Martin and Alfa Romeo have been added to their respective team names but Sahara Force India team name has not been changed.

have read elsewhere that it will be changed after they announce.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3798087)   #63
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
If Vettel is in contention for a title, they could put him Raikkonen's seat and let him crash out the mercs I guess.
🤔🤔 read you post again...
Old 10 Feb 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3800317)   #64
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
not really news but this is the FIA 2018 official entry list.

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formu...-f1-entry-list

Aston Martin and Alfa Romeo have been added to their respective team names but Sahara Force India team name has not been changed.

have read elsewhere that it will be changed after they announce.
I thought Petronas would leave Mercedes (and F1)?
Old 10 Feb 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3800337)   #65
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
🤔🤔 read you post again...
?
Old 13 Feb 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3800872)   #66
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
So.. Ferrari chief engine designer Lorenzo Sassi started work at Mercedes on Monday. He was fired from Ferrari mid last year for trying out a concept that would have put the Ferrari engine level (if not slightly ahead) of the Mercedes engine on power delivery and output. It didn't materialise, so Sassi was fired. Typical Ferrari way of dealing with their staff. Sassi was a long time Ferrari employee and his knowledge on the Ferrari PU is second to none.

The last top ranked Ferrari guy who got fired and joined Mercedes was a one Aldo Costa. And look what he produced chassis wise for Mercedes.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3801137)   #67
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
So.. Ferrari chief engine designer Lorenzo Sassi started work at Mercedes on Monday. He was fired from Ferrari mid last year for trying out a concept that would have put the Ferrari engine level (if not slightly ahead) of the Mercedes engine on power delivery and output. It didn't materialise, so Sassi was fired. Typical Ferrari way of dealing with their staff. Sassi was a long time Ferrari employee and his knowledge on the Ferrari PU is second to none.

The last top ranked Ferrari guy who got fired and joined Mercedes was a one Aldo Costa. And look what he produced chassis wise for Mercedes.
So the next Mercedes car will be a Sassi Diva?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3801181)   #68
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
So the next Mercedes car will be a Sassi Diva?
FOM will probably ban her too along with the grid girls!

The first 100% Costa built chassis for Mercedes was the 2014 W05. It was untouchable. Miles ahead of the competition.

Costa was fired from Ferrari in May 2011. He joined Mercedes late 2011 and was C=chief designer of the 2014 Mercedes.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3801300)   #69
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Haas have produced some first images of the car. Note the small shark 'finette', they also have the Halo in the raw black, so far.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-f1-car-images
Old 14 Feb 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3801304)   #70
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Who needs sponsors anyway.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3801316)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
pics are a bit dark but looks to be a tidy package with an improved livery...first impression is that i like it.

although i am assuming that there will be more aero bits and what not come testing/first race of the season. perhaps some more sponsor logos as well.

barge boards/side pods/rear of the car looks like an evolution of last years Ferrari so i think thats a good sign for Haas. front wing looks to have a lot more elements to it as well but again hard to tell with the dark pictures.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3801354)   #72
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Halo?

Looks good
Old 14 Feb 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3801359)   #73
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
What Halo?

Looks good
it's painted black on a black background (try typing that fast), wait till it's out on track
Old 14 Feb 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3801363)   #74
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good livery, looks like it was knocked out in 5 minutes by a 4 year old
Old 15 Feb 2018, 05:02 (Ref:3801431)   #75
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's painted black on a black background (try typing that fast), wait till it's out on track
And obscuring the drivers helmet.