Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:04 (Ref:1548019)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Bahrain: some fastest laps little stat

FLs in Bahrain was a bit surprising IMO because Williams were faster than any other team in peak perfomance. It was not what I expected seeing their qualifies and thier global race form.

In terms of pure pace they were clearly among the best four teams. Looking a bit more at consistency, taking the best 3rd lap, Williams is still in a very good position but a bit worse.

Ordered by FL:
Code:
Ranking   FL 3FL
Ros  WIL  1   1
Msc  FER  2   2
Alo  REN  3   3
Web  WIL  4   7
But  HON  5   5
Mas  FER  6   4
Mon  MAC  7   6
Rai  MAC  8   8
Ordered by 3rd FL
Code:
Ranking   FL 3FL
Ros  WIL  1   1
Msc  FER  2   2
Alo  REN  3   3
Mas  FER  6   4
But  HON  5   5
Mon  MCL  7   6
Web  WIL  4   7
Rai  MCL  8   8
Ferrari has been the most consistent, Williams is arguably second and McLaren 3rd, even with JPM's apparent engine maladies. Renault suffered because of GF's problems but they are probably there with Ferrari and Williams in terms of pace.

Button did well, as customary, but RB was a lot lower in terms of FLs rankings. Maybe Honda, all in all, is at about same level as Macs.

I thought KR's race was a marvel, getting a podium, but looking at his overall trayectory of FLs, I'm not so much impressed: it was a good work from a great driver but not particularly better perfomace than others. Even if you have to overtake a lot of people you find a handful of laps to show some speed in FLs.

It shows me that Macs are at the moment a bit behind FER and REN (maybe including WIL) and right there with HON in race pace. Let's hope KR and JPM have a good car to enjoy a brilliant WDC this season.

It's just the first GP, but some patterns are always present form day one in F1, and others are just fluke. In a very short time we will have Sepang and we will see how it settles there.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1548025)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's nice to associate Williams with speed again after last season!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1548029)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Williams can run at close to 20,000rpm in qually.And significantly they can use more rpm in the race than some do in qually! Hardly surprising that they could be this seasons dark horses.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1548043)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ohh .. it's good to have Schummy back
looking forward to other statistics

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1548051)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Dani don't forget certain MotoGP game again this season!

(Unpolite irruption of other branch of this forum in this room )
Old 14 Mar 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1548070)   #6
DarkieDuckie
Rookie

Singapore
Singapore
DarkieDuckie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, kimi was on a 1 stopper and his car wouldnt do such fast laps. And he had to use those same sets of tyres for about 30 laps, even if he has a low fuel load at that point, worn out tyres wont get him fast laps.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1548091)   #7
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkieDuckie
Well, kimi was on a 1 stopper and his car wouldnt do such fast laps. And he had to use those same sets of tyres for about 30 laps, even if he has a low fuel load at that point, worn out tyres wont get him fast laps.
Bear in mind that the first flying lap on new tyres should be the fastest they'd get out of them even with 70 to 100 litres of fuel onboard...however as the fuel load lightens the car gets faster despite tyre wear. Interesting to compare a light car with worn tyres lap time against new tyres with a fuel load...of course if traffic comes into play it spoils the comparison! eg. Button was unlucky to meet traffic on his lap after pit stops, and Alonso lost time to traffic on his pre pit stop lap!

But I think the Cosworth is going to join the fastest 4 teams sooner rather than later...and look out Webber you've got a quick learning hungry team-mate, mate!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1548107)   #8
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schummy, where did you get the data from? can you provide fastest 3 consecutive laps and stuff like that?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1548133)   #9
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I got it in Autosport web site or possibly in Forix. The bad news is they need to be subscribed.

I think possibly there are other sites with timing info (FIA?, Timming website?, Renault?) free.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1548136)   #10
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It's nice to associate Williams with speed again after last season!
Hear, hear.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1548138)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella
schummy, where did you get the data from? can you provide fastest 3 consecutive laps and stuff like that?
you've got PM

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Mar 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1548266)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Why PM?

Is this thread not about such things?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1548990)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I suppose it is not on topic, but I have noted that clicking the small icon to go to the last post in the thread, the the thread is not showed rightly, in Firefox or IE. I have not noted this behaviour year. Maybe is a new version of software?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1549010)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's working fine here !
Old 14 Mar 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1549017)   #15
mike bt
Rookie

mike bt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With respect to fastest laps at Bahrain, I believe that AD's lap of 1:31.353 set during the second session of Friday practice was the quickest of all.....Last season, and the year before, usually the Saturday Practice 2 times were much quicker than Friday's and very similar to the times set in qualifying. I assume the new qualifying rules are responsible....nevertheless pretty impressive from Mr D even if he was on new tyres, fumes and massively higher revs!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 00:16 (Ref:1549062)   #16
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God, here we go again ... take it the the AD thread. This one is about race laps.....
Old 15 Mar 2006, 00:37 (Ref:1549072)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Why PM?

Is this thread not about such things?
i'm not sure if it's copyright infringement or not ..

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Mar 2006, 01:08 (Ref:1549096)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also noted that the top eight fastest laps set were within 5 tenths of a second with the top twelve covered by about a second. I hope that equates to a very competitive season.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 01:16 (Ref:1549103)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I understand the cooler weather on Saturday badly effected MW & NR's qualifying times and the much warmer track temp (40C) on Sunday was almost perfect for their choice of tyres.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1549343)   #20
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft
God, here we go again ... take it the the AD thread. This one is about race laps.....
Funny I thought this thread WAS about...'Bahrain fastest lap stats' ?

Although I can't agree with all what was said by 'mike bt'...it was relevant to the thread 'lookleft'...I was just too modest to bring up AD's time myself...what self control! Hahahaha
Old 16 Mar 2006, 02:03 (Ref:1549974)   #21
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did the BMW drivers fare on lap 3?
Old 16 Mar 2006, 04:54 (Ref:1550026)   #22
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Funny I thought this thread WAS about...'Bahrain fastest lap stats' ?

Although I can't agree with all what was said by 'mike bt'...it was relevant to the thread 'lookleft'...I was just too modest to bring up AD's time myself...what self control! Hahahaha
Sorry Rennen (and mike bt), I am not convinced there are more than 2 people engaged in this thread that don't understand this thread and the detail contained within relate to the race held at the Bahrain circuit on Sunday, March 11 2006.

If you want to support the "fastest lap" argument then you are wrong. Mark Webber holds the record for fastest lap around Bahrain (Sat Prac 2 2005 - 1:29.527 ). Absolutely irrelevant isn't it!

Anyway, clearly you live in a world consumed by a blinkered view of all things Anthony. Good luck with the "Friday Championship"
Old 16 Mar 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1550059)   #23
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

M.Schumacher did 1:30.723 within two weeks before the race, which would be the fastest 2006 lap.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1550110)   #24
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

And some Alonso did 1.31.215 in 2nd qualifying segment on saturday, meaning the fastest lap in the weekend, LOL!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1550122)   #25
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
How did the BMW drivers fare on lap 3?
Both BMW drivers got middle of the road 3FLs respect the rest of the field. Heidfeld's 3FL was 1.33.8 and Jaques' was 1.34.0.

Maybe Theyssen will have to put Jorg&Dirk Muller with their Touring BMWs in the grid in Sepang! (At least they could bang out of the track some pesky red and blue cars).