Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1610859)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
Fair enough it should be for another thread.
My point exactly, thanks for your cooperation.
Old 15 May 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1610920)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apart from the wonderful females he brought to the circuit, there are two things I will forever admire about DC, despite my criticisms of him.

1. His Monaco win in 2002, one of the finest drives I've seen.

2. His response to his air accident in 2000.....the admirable return to the cockpit only days later and how he then went on to develop in leaps and bounds as a driver over the season.

Congrats DC on your (rather rubbish admittedly) 200th Grand Prix!
Old 15 May 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1610958)   #28
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DC shall be remembered for his wonderful girl friends obviously.

I shall remember him as a fast driver who could be brilliant on his day. 200 GPs, 60 odd podiums, 9 years at Mclaren...you dont get there by being just average.

I shall remember him for his predictable start of the year predictions that brought so much joy to these forums...

Most of all i shall remember him for bringing me to tenths... . On a boring day on google while i was searching through the various sites... a link labelled "David Coulthard supporters club" directed me to tenths... curiousity as to what DC fans thought of his 2003 season prompted me to click the link and the rest as they say is history

Last edited by ralf fan; 15 May 2006 at 20:27.
Old 15 May 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1610961)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gee, I think I hate him now.
Old 15 May 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1610992)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm joining you in that !

Ern... I said before, it's a celebration thread, not a "bad moments" one...
Old 15 May 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1611006)   #31
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Ern... I said before, it's a celebration thread, not a "bad moments" one...
One man's food is another man's poison i guess.....
Old 15 May 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1611040)   #32
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC's been my favourite driver since he first arrived in F1.
And one of the more successful drivers in F1 history
Congrats mate on your 200 Gp's
Old 15 May 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1611043)   #33
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At his best, he was the best out there & on certain days nobody (not even Schumacher) could touch him.
His flashes of brilliance were a bit erratic, but don't forget in '95 he had about 5 consecutive pole positions (this was when qualifying was on low fuel for all, so he really was the fastest).

The low point that always sticks in my mind is the Adelaide pit wall, but everyone is entitled to the occasional huge balls up.

Out of the car, a total pro who admits when he is wrong & respects other drivers, crew
and most importantly the fans; I was at a london west end show back in '96 that he had taken his parents to & he spent a good hour afterwards talking to members of the ordinary public.
(he & his family were sat in normal seats, not a box) typical scot ;-).
Old 15 May 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1611050)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good guy, good driver, good ambassador! Well done on your 200th GP, DC!
Old 15 May 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1611074)   #35
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like DC. A good honest racer without too much bull s**t. He's made a few cock ups in his career but nobodys perfect. IMHO Spa was as much Shui's fault as he just kept on going flat out in zero visiblity. Perhaps DC's biggest mistake was letting Hakkinen back past in Oz - his weakness of fair play was exposed!

Mclaren proved he was a team player and the Red Bull attitude last season revitalised him. He's up against youth, but I think he still has a lot to offer.

I can see Red Bull using his experience after his racing days are over.
Old 16 May 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1611185)   #36
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, I think his career will go well beyond driving, unlike many others, because he is a proven team player. In many ways he has already been a mentoring influence in the past season and a half - despite being in direct competition with the younger guys.

It must be useful to have an experienced driver around who is not such a prima-donna that it creates tension in the garage.
Old 16 May 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1611359)   #37
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got that Adelaide pitwall video clip somewhere, that's always good for a laugh, especially Murray Walker's reaction.
Old 16 May 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1611366)   #38
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think david, just picked the wrong team to drive for.
Old 16 May 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1611463)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzF1rocks
But we havn't really seen that compettive streak in him for a while
How long is "a while" and what do you mean by "competitive streak"?
Quote:
Williams, McLaren or Red Bull? And what should/could he have picked instead?
Old 16 May 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1611494)   #40
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole-position streak in 1995
Spin on warm-up lap in Monza 1995
Crash to the pit wall in Adelaide 1995
Great races in Nürburgring, Imola and Monaco 1996
Hungaroring 1996, I was at the race and he retired just ahead of me
Win in Melbourne 1997
Finger incident in Magny-Cours 2000
Grid stalling in Monaco 2001
Great race in Monaco 2002
Some great performances with Red Bull in 2005
Girlfriends
Old 16 May 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1611495)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Maybe Ferrari ?? I don't get it.
Old 16 May 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1611498)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It was RBR or McLaren 3rd driver.

I think he made the right choice.
Old 18 May 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1613398)   #43
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His friendship with JV!
Old 18 May 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1613593)   #44
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look back on him as a pretty decent driver who had the luckiest run of top flight F1 machinary handed to him for almost the whole span of his career. Even the Red Bull last year was a strong ride!

Almost anyone on the grid could have achieved the same results given the equipment he has had.
Old 18 May 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1613646)   #45
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't forget his greatest race ever at Spa.
Spun going down to Eau Rouge on first lap triggering multi car shunt.
Muffed second star and dropped to midfield, from the front row remember, and nerfed Alex Wurz off track on first lap. Came into pits went out and took out Schumacher. Dropped behind Damon Hill in the Jordan to hold up Alesi who was closing on the leader. Finished a lap down.
Later admitted Schumacher incident was deliberate.

Nicknamed 'Il *******o' in Italy. I wonder why?

PS. One of the most successful GP drivers of all time? (Who said that?)

Old 18 May 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1613652)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
Later admitted Schumacher incident was deliberate.
He may have said he could be blamed, but he did not ever say he did it deliberately. That is totally unfair and false to claim so.
Old 18 May 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1613707)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Autosport saying today that Spain was in fact DC's 199th start, due to him not actually starting the US GP last year.

To be honest I'd assumed that would count anyways. Red Bull seemed to think so, as did the rest of the world.
Old 18 May 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1613721)   #48
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Autosport saying today that Spain was in fact DC's 199th start, due to him not actually starting the US GP last year.

To be honest I'd assumed that would count anyways. Red Bull seemed to think so, as did the rest of the world.
This is a greyish area. I have checked the records on grandprix.com about the guys that failed to pre-qualify in the early days and they are not even listed as proper grand prix drivers but sites have awarded them the number of GPS they failed to PQ for....

So it all depends on if the stats are taken based on entering a GP or starting one....if it is the latter then DC is on 199...

Most of sites have DC down for 200 GP's....So im guessing it is entering...
Old 18 May 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1613741)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think his greatest achievement is that by sheer fluke he managed not to win 187 of them.
Old 19 May 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1614166)   #50
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry Adam, I would not like to malign so nice a chap as David, perhaps I misunderstood his addmission of guilt, however, if you consider all of the facts and remember what Ron Dennis said ' We were keeping David fully informed of Michael coming up to lap him' and how fortunate for Hakkinen's Championship chances the 'accident' was! Well I'm just an old cynic.