Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2002, 21:39 (Ref:329007)   #1
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ITV F1 - The ad for Michelin tyres!

Anyone else spot the ad during the ITV coverage for Michelin tyres, claiming they are the height of technology in the wet!

Oops - some advertising bod is going to have a red face tomorrow, as well as a red tie and red braces!

On the evidence of today, you may get more grip on banana skins sewn together!
Old 7 Jul 2002, 22:24 (Ref:329033)   #2
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I noticed, it sparked a string of from my mouth. Sad when grown men swear at the telly

Robert
Old 7 Jul 2002, 22:28 (Ref:329037)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Sad when grown men swear at the telly
This happens a lot to me when watching ITV!
Old 7 Jul 2002, 22:30 (Ref:329040)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote of the day has to go to Martin Brundle on one of Coulthard's pitstops:

'Those tyres are good for keeping the chassis off the ground, but not for much else..'

Seriously though, Michelin really need to sort something out.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 08:25 (Ref:329175)   #5
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was staggered at the impact that poor tyres had! Drivers looked like they were driving in reverses!

You would have thought that the manufacturer's would have this sorted of thing covered bearing in mind how long they have been in the 'game'. Not to have functional 'intermediates' is bizarre!

As 'one' not fully in the know, how easy is it for teams to ditch suppliers and change?
Old 8 Jul 2002, 09:19 (Ref:329191)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can it be that a tyre supplier in F1 , hasnt even got a intermediate tyre produced yet that is good enough to put on a car ? How can Michelin only have a grovved slick and a full wet for choice . That is crazy , and ruined most of its teams races IMO.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:05 (Ref:330251)   #7
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

I wonder what will be said in some of the meetings between the teams and Michelin after that disaster. I bet it's not all coffee and donuts!

I mean - it cost teams valuable points!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 16:21 (Ref:330297)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They ran that ad on the Canadian network too... hilaroius!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes