Old 28 Jul 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2932178)   #1
Daniel Pinnegar
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton UK
Daniel Pinnegar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Motor Sport Photography website

Hey everyone,

I've been into photography for many years and decided about 6 months back to launch a website http://www.Pinnegar-Photography.com to showcase all of my favourite work from motor sport to nature and so on.

Anyway, I just thought people might be interested to have a look.

Ta
Old 29 Jul 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2932835)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Nature photos are pretty good, motorsport ones are ok but nothing special.

I HATE the Flash navigation and background audio.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2932847)   #3
Daniel Pinnegar
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton UK
Daniel Pinnegar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, just so that everyone knows I have been doing this only as a hobby and don't go to race meets every weekend...plus these have been taken from public areas only. I am also still learning so instead of saying they're "nothing special" and leaving it at that some helpful advice might be nice.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2933022)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If you are looking for photo tips rather than a website critique then maybe try the Photo forum section.

Backgrounds are a bit distracting in some, particular black BMW and #66 Honda(?). The one from the pit wall (not sure that's actually a public area) is a nice idea out of focus limbs don't work for me. Not sure if you intended that to be an 'arty' shot but to me it just looks like someone got in the way.

Overall they are the same shots I've seen a million times before and do nothing to stand out from the crowd. Nothing 'wrong' with them as such but they lack that 'wow' factor.

BTW I'm referring here to the pictures in your portfolio. There looks to be some better ones in the random mosaic but I can't see those properly.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2934664)   #5
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid I have to agree with redshoes....

Some of the Life and Nature shots are good, but the motorsport shots just aren't doing it for me......

I've always had a pet hate with bits of cars being cropped off, unless the shot makes it obvious it was intended rather than just a missed shot. The backgrounds are distracting, I think you need to think more about your positioning before taking the shot....and leave the backgrounds as clear of clutter as possible....no marshals, no wheelie bins, no burger vans etc....just nice, clean backgrounds.....

Even from spectator areas this is possible....yes, even at the concretefest that is Silverstone.....

Check out some other websites, like Sutton, Getty, Jakob Ebrey etc for inspiration, and to learn about the vast array of shots that can be achieved with a little artistic thought...then go out and try them for yourself.....
Old 2 Aug 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2935042)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In terms of promoting (or obtaining views on) his site, I think he had to post it here, didn't he?