Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3097257)   #2301
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Coulthard was on top form today and shared my opinions on the Maldonado incident. Great coverage as ever really and nice to share discussions on my travels with Sky subscribers who chose the Beeb today too.
I have had Sky Sports for years for other things but my heart still sinks when a Live on Sky only race comes along as it seems so second rate after the BBC presentation. Really enjoyed the race today, great race but I just know it would have been less enjoyable if I had watched it on Sky.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3097260)   #2302
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I have had Sky Sports for years for other things but my heart still sinks when a Live on Sky only race comes along as it seems so second rate after the BBC presentation. Really enjoyed the race today, great race but I just know it would have been less enjoyable if I had watched it on Sky.
It just feels so much more at home on the BBC I have to say and like you I could have watched on Sky today had I wanted to. After 8 races the opinion more is better just doesn't cut it. A dedicated F1 channel should be at least on a par with the BBC's partial coverage but people are still voting with their remotes, and its good to see the Beeb as popular as ever come race day..
Old 24 Jun 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3097273)   #2303
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky had Nick Heidfeld today

Sky > BBC
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3097306)   #2304
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
To be fair to Sky, I think that they did a reasonable job today. Johnny Herbert is always good to listen to, and 'Crofty' with Brundle seems to be gelling quite well.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3097307)   #2305
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought sky did a good job today, but then I think Simon does a good job so am unhinged. I didn't watch it, but I am sure beeb did a good job too.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3097317)   #2306
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post

Sky > BBC
I bet that was amusing to listen to. Did he say 'banking' or anything like that? lol Wouldn't have been enough to keep me though.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3097320)   #2307
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
But, the BBC have DC and his recurring catchphrase:

"well, when it rains it pours"
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3097322)   #2308
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I didn't watch it, but I am sure beeb did a good job too.
As always yes.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3097323)   #2309
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Sky > BBC
Anderson>Sky.

I didn't watch Sky so I'll have to catch this budding superpundit from Germany on replay.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3097324)   #2310
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
But, the BBC have DC and his recurring catchphrase:

"well, when it rains it pours"
I didn't notice that one today I must admit. I enjoyed his input on the whole though and he's gelled well with Edwards IMO. The team is pretty solid this year.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3097326)   #2311
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Anderson>Sky.
sniff was quite funny mentioning Anderson today.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3097329)   #2312
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I didn't notice that one today I must admit. I enjoyed his input on the whole though and he's gelled well with Edwards IMO. The team is pretty solid this year.
I'm not gonna hold that against DC, I too think it is a good team. DC for me is becoming an excellent pundit and broadcaster.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3097339)   #2313
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well there's been a surge of 'crucially's from DC and the Edwards growl was in evidence but you know what - as they are knowledgeable broadcasters with a good chemistry, these little quirks are all part of their charm.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3097340)   #2314
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quirks only become annoyances when they are on a channel you don't like
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3097341)   #2315
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Very much so. For me anyway.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3097348)   #2316
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 24 Jun 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3097351)   #2317
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
My only annoyance is the loss of every race live. Bring that back to the Beeb and I don't think we'd even be having this conversation. I wouldn't mind if Bernie gave both channels full exclusive coverage, it certainly wouldn't harm the sport and would satisfy his claim it brings the sport to more fans.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3097353)   #2318
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well there's been a surge of 'crucially's from DC and the Edwards growl was in evidence but you know what - as they are knowledgeable broadcasters with a good chemistry, these little quirks are all part of their charm.
"systematically" - i swear dc was trying to get that in as many times as possible during the race coverage! but i agree. if you're daft enough to change the channel cause of a little annoyance then you're probably not suitable for television viewing
Old 24 Jun 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3097354)   #2319
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Words of wisdom.

Quote:
My only annoyance is the loss of every race live.
You should have said so before.
Quote:
Bring that back to the Beeb and I don't think we'd even be having this conversation.
Now I know you are taking the Michael!
Quote:
I wouldn't mind if Bernie gave both channels full exclusive coverage, it certainly wouldn't harm the sport and would satisfy his claim it brings the sport to more fans.
Sounds like a good plan!
Old 24 Jun 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3097361)   #2320
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
You should have said so before.
Well now you know, you just had to ask
Quote:
Now I know you are taking the Michael!
I'm sure even if both channels had the coverage we'd still have a minority watching on Sky, no doubt. But we wouldn't be discussing the coverage I don't believe. We wouldn't need to. That was my point.
Quote:
Sounds like a good plan!
I think it will happen one day. I see more chance of it doing that and satisfying the need for it to cover satelite than completely disappearing off free to air British TV.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3097397)   #2321
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched Sky as normal, but watched the Maldonado - Hamilton incident on the BBC website. Ben Edwards goes absolutely crazy, practically James Allen on Jenson Button winning his first race crazy. I don't understand how the fans love it when Ben screams like a loon because its shows his passion, yet James got roundly criticised when he did it.

I must say, eight races in and Crofty hasn't annoyed me as much as I was expecting. And he does work very well with Brundle.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3097404)   #2322
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Did Ben shout "get in there"?
Old 24 Jun 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3097520)   #2323
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
No not really. The only F1 broadcaster I fundamentally objected to was Legard. He was permanently disorientated and his 'quirks' and catchphrases substituted for his knowledge whereas I do respect Allen's knowledge and enthusiasm. But I'd a strong sense Legard was taking F1 fans for fools. With Ben and David, their quirks are little extras to a well-informed, balanced commentary.

As for Sky, I do prefer the easy going BBC approach, true and I do think the Sky package is wildly over-valued but I've defended the Sky broadcasting team itself time to time from the haterz.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3097524)   #2324
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
I watched Sky as normal, but watched the Maldonado - Hamilton incident on the BBC website. Ben Edwards goes absolutely crazy, practically James Allen on Jenson Button winning his first race crazy. I don't understand how the fans love it when Ben screams like a loon because its shows his passion, yet James got roundly criticised when he did it.
Edwards does his growl! I always thought that Allen was guided to go all jingoistic by ITV editors who saw jingoism as a way of plugging the sport to the British public. Someone told me that by word-of-mouth so it may not be true.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3098260)   #2325
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Edwards does his growl! I always thought that Allen was guided to go all jingoistic by ITV editors who saw jingoism as a way of plugging the sport to the British public. Someone told me that by word-of-mouth so it may not be true.
Given ITVs truly appalling Euro 2012 coverage that does not surprise me one bit. Thank Gawd its over!

Tags
outrage, sky