Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 31 Oct 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3470200)   #1
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Greg Moore - 15 years on

Today marks 15 since the passing of Greg Moore after his ferocious crash at Fontana.

Literally half my lifetime ago, that day still sticks in memory fresh as if it was yesterday. I'd not long been into motorsport. The death of Ayrton Senna in 94 brought motorsport onto my radar due to the massive public outpouring of emotion. My first full season of following F1 was 1996 and I was quickly turned onto CART by my father who would record the highlights that were on in the wee hours on Channel 5 (UK) around 97/98.

Greg was instantly likeable. The talented rookie. The fact he was so goofy looking gave me hope for the future!

Fontana 1999 was the first time I got to see a race on live TV as we were holidaying somewhere that picked up ESPN on the hotel TV.

I was shocked by the sheer violence of the crash and knew immediately that my idol was gone. I still get upset thinking about it.

Whenever I had have the opportunity to pick my number for my cars/karts, it's always been #99.

See ya up front, Greg! Red Gloves Rule!
Old 1 Nov 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3684582)   #2
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
17 years passed... Greg was and is one of my racing heroes too. Rest in peace, Greg
Old 1 Nov 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3684600)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There was talk of him coming to F1 in the near future. Such a likeable guy and immense natural talent, shame. It was a nice gesture when Franchitti dedicated his 09 title to him on the 10th anniversary of his passing