Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2234557)   #76
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As well as echoing everything said here, I'd like to add that the RLM crew kept us all informed in Brno, with all the twists and turns of an absolute classic Le Mans...

Can't believe I missed it!!
Old 20 Jul 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2254485)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't much like going to work these days - period.

But over the last few weeks, I've been accompanied to work by the entire RLM commentary of Le Mans 2008. (26 cds - the first hour and the last hour I had to split..... ). And I've enjoyed it so much, that come the journey to work tomorrow morning, I shall start it all over again!

Absolutely brilliant coverage, so memorable that at times I could clearly remember where I was/what I was doing when certain things were said. Congrats to all at RLM - even over a month later - for fantastic coverage of the world's greatest motor race - and no, I'm not going to disagree with you John! - and to our friend Paul in particular for continuing to bring not just great technical commentary to the commenary box, but also the emotion of a true Le Mans fan!
Old 20 Jul 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2254701)   #78
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I don't much like going to work these days - period.

But over the last few weeks, I've been accompanied to work by the entire RLM commentary of Le Mans 2008. (26 cds - the first hour and the last hour I had to split..... ).
...you should get an iPod.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2254780)   #79
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul, I am sure that you will prevail!

I have thoeroughly enjoyed your RLM coverage, and it has left me painfully aware that I have far to go, before I am as good a commentator as you !

Best of luck, my friend!
Old 21 Jul 2008, 06:16 (Ref:2255038)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
...you should get an iPod.

That's very kind of you. Any colour will do........
Old 21 Jul 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2255060)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just finished my final 'stint' on the RLM commentary on the way into work this morning. Couldn't help but smile as Paul asked John 'Can I sit down now?' after God knows how many hours, not only awake, not only without leaving the commentary box, but standing up too.......
Old 21 Jul 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2255077)   #82
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A noob question: Is it available as a podcast?
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2255111)   #83
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://rlm08.0157.org/lm24.php
Right hand side
Old 22 Jul 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2255930)   #84
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having a quiet afternoon at work today, thought I would just stop by to browse this board again to see what's being talked about, and found your very kind remarks... thank you again. It means a lot to know that the effort is appreciated (thanks Aslak).

By the way, apologies (if anyone noticed) that I suggested during the commentary that the #2 Audi drivers did two driving shifts each... it was of course three shifts each. Even so, as far as I can tell, this was the first time that the race has been won with such a driver change strategy (i.e. three drivers, three shifts each).

Also, my second DSC article contained a bit of a howler, because I said that Lamy got the fastest lap of the race (it was Sarrazin of course) - I did spot it and put a correction in, but the editors had already posted the article!

Meantime, here's to next year's race - with a bit of luck I'll be asked to talk about something sportscar-wise before then, especially if I can stop making stupid mistakes!

Paul Truswell