Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:16 (Ref:2035219)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul Truswell (Radio Le Mans) (merged)

Some of you will know that I am a friend of Paul Truswell, better known as the main commentary voice of Radio Le Mans since 1988. Paul went into hospital today for a serious operation. With his permission, I post part of an email he sent me last Friday:-

Hello everyone,
Most of you already know, but some may not, that I have been diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma, a tumour in my head, which is growing on the nerve between my ear and my brain. Fortunately, it is benign (non-cancerous), but it is quite large (an inch across) and will become dangerous if left to its own devices.
I am due to go into hospital on Monday of next week (October 8th) for the operation to remove it. I am due to stay in hospital for the whole week, coming home on October 14th, provided all goes well. I am then to stay at home to recuperate for up to three months. Sadly, it is expected that the operation will leave me completely deaf in the affected ear, will impact my balance function and could also cause a facial palsy (paralysis), due to the proximity of the muscles controlling that side of my face to the tumour.
I shall be in the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London (Queen Square, close to Great Ormond Street, nearest tube Russell Square).
As I shall be at home from October 15th onwards, I hope to be in touch with details of my progress after that.
Best regards,
Paul

I'm sure Paul will welcome any messages you wish to leave for him while he is recuperating. He hopes to be back to full strength for Le Mans 2008!

Best wishes Paul from the Ten Tenths Sportscar forum.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2035268)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Best wishes and I hope you recover soon.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:37 (Ref:2035293)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All the best, get well soon.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:55 (Ref:2035315)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed. Here's too a quick recovery.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 21:00 (Ref:2035319)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's shocking bad news. All the very best to you, Paul. I wish you a speedy and successful recovery.

Old 8 Oct 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2035320)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to hear this, Paul. You don't know me but, after listening to - and thoroughly enjoying - your work over the years, I feel I know you somehow and I really hope that you make a speedy and comfortable recovery. All the best and please keep us informed on your progress.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 21:26 (Ref:2035337)   #7
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very sad news... hope everything goes well for the operation and the recovery... get well soon Paul
Old 8 Oct 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2035358)   #8
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get well soon Paul - hope you'll be back in the Tribune soon.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 8 Oct 2007, 22:14 (Ref:2035363)   #9
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul best of luck and get well soon! Hoping to hear you on the airwaves soonest.

Regards
L.P.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 00:38 (Ref:2035426)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What can be said, beyond "me too"?

Best wishes and best of luck, Paul. I hope you're heard again (in 2008) on RLM, full time, and that you're happy to do it.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Oct 2007, 07:01 (Ref:2035556)   #11
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wishing you a succesful operation and a speedy convalesance, hope to hear you back on the airwaves soon.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 08:24 (Ref:2035617)   #12
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wish you a speedy recovery and a return to good health!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 09:21 (Ref:2035666)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's bad news, best wishes to Paul for a positive outcome and a swift recovery.

Now, Paul - you made a couple of mistakes at LM last year, so I hope you're going to take the opportunity whilst laid up to continue to improve your already vast knowledge of all things sportscar related so I don't have to pick you up on them again next year
Old 9 Oct 2007, 09:28 (Ref:2035671)   #14
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a loyal follower of Radio Le Mans and have enjoyed his coverage many times. My sincere wishes of a prompt recovery.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 09:48 (Ref:2035684)   #15
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get well soon Paul! Sending you big (but gentle!) hugs!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 10:20 (Ref:2035717)   #16
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get well soon!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2035918)   #17
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurry back soon Paul!!!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2035945)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Get well and get back soon mate ..... best wishs .
Old 9 Oct 2007, 17:33 (Ref:2036069)   #19
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good Luck Paul, we all hope you get well soon and look forward to hearing you at LM 2008.

DK
Old 10 Oct 2007, 07:40 (Ref:2036567)   #20
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get well soon Paul, hope you make a good recovery!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 08:18 (Ref:2036591)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
very best of luck Paul. A very tough time for you and your family. Look forward to hearing you again on RLM
Old 10 Oct 2007, 15:56 (Ref:2036962)   #22
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Boy,good thing it's benign! Make sure they take out the right lump Paul!
Best of luck and a speedy recovery mate!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 21:18 (Ref:2037261)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get well soon Paul!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 14:30 (Ref:2037760)   #24
F308 MAN
Rookie

Isle of Man
the Isle of Man
F308 MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well to be perfectly honest, I think it's good news ....

good news, that the problem has been detected.
good news, the tumour is benign.
and excellent news that the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery are going to be looking after you, Paul .... the finest in the world !

the news could have been an awful lot worse ?

see you (well, hear you) in June.

d
Old 11 Oct 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2037769)   #25
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
best wishes ! I hope all goes well and with success !