Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Nov 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2065928)   #51
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How are you doing Allon ..... hope all is good with you ?
Old 12 Nov 2007, 20:43 (Ref:2065965)   #52
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Very well thanks Badger, in complete remission which is where I need to be. No guarantees of the leukaemia not coming back, but the odds are a bit more in my favour now. So fingers crossed that me and fellow sickie Paul will be at Le Mans 2008 in full health.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 17:09 (Ref:2070272)   #53
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now you see it's really good to hear from Allon that he has the all clear... Leukaemia claimed my wife's sister three years ago (at the age of 45), I count myself very lucky that my tumour was benign, and is not in my skull any more, but sitting on some medical students workbench (or what ever they do with that kind of stuff).

In any event, I'm looking good for June 2008, although in the meantime, there's lots of (more important?) things to do like making sure my kids get all they want from Santa Claus, and we go on a proper summer holiday next year, and all that kind of real-world, non-motor racing stuff.

If I don't write back again, take it as good news, and have a merry Christmas!
Old 19 Nov 2007, 20:48 (Ref:2071154)   #54
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

... and with that, I'll unstick the thread.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Apr 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2189504)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought members might appreciate a 'Trussers' update. In fact, the eagle-eyed amongst you may well have spotted him posting here last week in the ORECA (how to pronounce) thread.

Paul is far too modest to come back on here to his own personal thread and update the position himself but as we've been in email contact over the last few days, I've said that I'll do that for him.

Paul is very much hoping to be back at Le Mans again in June. He tells me that he has pretty much recovered from his operation and although his face is still not fully mobile, it won't stop him making the trip! His words, not mine!

We're all hoping that Paul will again be working for RLM at both race and test day. I for one happily go on record to tell Hindy & Co. that as far as I'm concerned, Paul's involvement should be a given - just like the sunshine is this year.......
Old 28 Apr 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2189532)   #56
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the update Aysedasi, Paul it's good to hear you're on the road to recovery and more importantly on the road to LM!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2219514)   #57
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any update on whether Paul will be at LM?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2219736)   #58
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there, Piglet. Takes more than a spaced-out anaesthetist and a mad surgeon with a knife to keep me from Le Mans.

Radio Le Mans on air from Wednesday... next Wednesday.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2219740)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Glad to hear that you will be there this year, but will we get a rest from those two dronning on like they did on the test day and get some of your interesting comments instead.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2219774)   #60
Piglet
Veteran

Good to hear you'll be there Paul, it wouldn't be the same without you. I hope you're demanding special treatment from the RLM team
Old 6 Jun 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2221432)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Nice one Paul ..... good to hear your back in action . Your like a piece of office furniture mate , they sweep around you now !!

Looking forward to listening to your crack ..... you know what I mean .
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2224861)   #62
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trusser's

Read the threads last year, hope that Paul Trusswell is going on OK, does anyone know if he will be back in the Tribune for this years event, I hope so.

Bladders....................
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2224880)   #63
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade
Read the threads last year, hope that Paul Trusswell is going on OK, does anyone know if he will be back in the Tribune for this years event, I hope so.

Bladders....................
He'll be there.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2225272)   #64
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He was there for the N24H and he sounded perfectly fine.

Which is a very good thing. Looking forward to his LM input.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2227062)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was good to hear Paul clearly at LM last night - the link to his studio in London was pretty poor on Test Day.......
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2232746)   #66
The Badger
Veteran

Nice one Paul ..... as entertaining as ever , with RLM . Glad your back into the groove again , well done .
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2232765)   #67
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a little message of thanks for Paul - sensational job once again at RLM and I hope you pop in here at some point to read this. Your observations and analysis paint a clearer picture of the race as it happens than any other form of media could, and it makes the event infinitely more enjoyable. I look forward to some post-hoc analysis of this race too - maybe another DSC piece like you have done at points in the past.

Glad to see you back in the swing of things after the health scare. Even though I have never met you and probably never will, I was pulling for you.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2232976)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really enjoyed RLM this year. I do most years, but particularly this year. For me it was specifically the work, insight and commentary of Paul Truswell. When others are getting giddy he was the voice of reason. In addition he showed such enthusiasm for the race.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2233203)   #69
Piglet
Veteran

Yep, it was great to hear Paul in fine voice for RLM, he sounded as good as ever and the encyclopedic knowledge has clearly not been dulled! I hear there was a nice moment when his daughter's father's day message was read out but I missed that...
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2233221)   #70
Trussers
Rookie

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

In case it wasn't obvious, I thoroughly enjoyed the race - Piglet, yes there was a very unprofessional moment on Sunday morning when my daughter's father's day email was read out... and we were all a bit overcome. That's lack of sleep for you. Anyway, there was a race going on, so we managed to get on track again pretty quickly. Call it an unscheduled pitstop to replace a punctured tyre!

A couple of people asked about the post race analysis... yes that will be coming... but I am having to keep things going with my day job at the moment (hopefully my boss is not a closet ten-tenths reader). Plus Dad is in hospital at the moment having fallen and broken his hip on holiday in Ireland on the Saturday of the Test Weekend. They have just re-patriated him to a hospital in the UK now, and my sister and I were playing the dutiful children role yesterday, visiting him.

But don't single me out too much... RLM is a team thing, just as all the competitors teams are. We each have our roles, and many, many listeners like to hear the others getting giddy. Just imagine what it would be like to listen to me droning on about gaps and lap times all the time... And the pit crew is a vital element, I thought they all did pretty well this year too. Bob Constanduros got you Villeneuve interviews that you wouldn't have otherwise had, and you heard from all the Audi drivers - even Premat, who is a bit of a star, I think. Plus Ullrich and Barge. And Graham Tyler with the podium finishers getting the post race euphoria.

Thanks again,
Paul
Old 20 Jun 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2233228)   #71
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trussers
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

In case it wasn't obvious, I thoroughly enjoyed the race - Piglet, yes there was a very unprofessional moment on Sunday morning when my daughter's father's day email was read out... and we were all a bit overcome. That's lack of sleep for you. Anyway, there was a race going on, so we managed to get on track again pretty quickly. Call it an unscheduled pitstop to replace a punctured tyre!
Paul, there was nothing unprofessional about that moment.
It was one of the most touching and "unusual" moments on radio that I have had the privilege of witnessing.
Long may you humanity show through!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2233258)   #72
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
It was one of the most touching and "unusual" moments on radio that I have had the privilege of witnessing.
Yep, I was told the same thing by someone who heard it, we're all human Paul and we can only imagine what you and your family have been through this year. Nothing unprofessional about it at all...a lovely touch from your daughter as well.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 14:34 (Ref:2233489)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As Paul knows, he's already asked me about the RLM broadcasts this year and like Adam, I thought this year was particularly good. I've tended to listen more and more to RLM during the race, especially during the night - and not just to keep me awake! The quality was very high in all respects and the pitlane contributions were superb. So well done to Paul, Hindy et al, many thanks to you all. Le Mans simply wouldn't be the same (either there or back home) without RLM......
Old 20 Jun 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2233510)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman

Yep , well said Spyder .
Old 20 Jun 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2233540)   #75
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was awake for that moment too and I thought it was a nice touch