Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jul 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2247491)   #26
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To resume, who will be here in the next week-end, I'll be were happy to meet.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2247573)   #27
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
See the LMC thread in Historic forum.

Teams 11, 12, and 28 I think are totally 10/10, but this may well have changed.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2248463)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Leaving tomorrow morning, 7.00am from dover, so anyone passing, or even being passed by a green stag please wave. I will try to be around the village at 11.30 so might see some of you there, however the weather is still not looking wonderful for saturday so lets hope it improves.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2248607)   #29
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
Rouen quiet NFH see

http://www.armada.org/Presentation-en

if memory serves me correct 2 million visitors last time!
2 million in the area on the day they leave. That's Monday 14th.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2248863)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile
To resume, who will be here in the next week-end, I'll be were happy to meet.
I will try to meet you at the usual tree about 11.00 anyone else around is welcome for a chat.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2248884)   #31
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, but not sure to be on time , will try if not, may we will cross in the week end
Old 15 Jul 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2251324)   #32
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, THAT was FUN...
Nearly 48 hours without sleep, a triple win in Grid 1, and loads of happy memories.

917s through the cutting into Tertre Rouge around dawn, Sunday morning. Words fail me... I'm dead, and that was heaven.

A 30 year dream come true.

Right, time for a shower, and start editing 3 thousand pictures!
Old 16 Jul 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2251788)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Well, THAT was FUN...
Nearly 48 hours without sleep, a triple win in Grid 1, and loads of happy memories.

917s through the cutting into Tertre Rouge around dawn, Sunday morning. Words fail me... I'm dead, and that was heaven.

A 30 year dream come true.

Right, time for a shower, and start editing 3 thousand pictures!
So it was you driving that green talbot, not bad driving and a nice motor aswell.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 00:25 (Ref:2252293)   #34
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I wish! Gareth Burnett, boss of Pace Motorsport. The car is John Ruston's.

I am but the dust 'neath their chariot's wheels, me.

I'm right that you were driving a TR2, but was it number 11???
Old 17 Jul 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2252463)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I wish it was me but I think that was daveGT6.

I was looking on with desire from the grandstand or Maison Blanche I am afraid we were glad the Stag got down there and back, and I am pretty sure they were never elligible so we just had to drink beer and watch instead
Old 17 Jul 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2252530)   #36
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Were you IN the Maison Blanche Tribune? When exactly? I have lots of pictures from the end of pitlane looking that way... I can try to dig one out?
Old 17 Jul 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2252648)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No we were in Leonard this year but camped in maison blanche, right at the far end almost at the porsche curves, but we were at the bottom of the viewing bank so could watch the racing and keep an eye on the kettle then walk back the 4 yards make the tea and walk back again with a nice cup of tea. Very handy at 2.00am.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2252720)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did the racing go on throughout the night - or did they call a halt?
Old 17 Jul 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2252752)   #39
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Check out the pictures I'm adding on the Historic forum, and Flickr...
Each grid, and there were 6 of 'em, ran for 45 minutes, with 15 minutes to recover the dead, and roll out the next lot.

Non stop pretty much. Hence my being completely out of it by the end...
Night practice till 2AM Saturday, up at 7 then stayed up till near enough midnight Sunday...
I'm still catching up!
Old 18 Jul 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2253155)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
my ability to keep awake was sorely tested, but waited until the end of the second plateau 2 race then crashed out, up intime to see the end of second plateau 6 and start of plateau 1. We then had to drive back to Bolougne sunday night, so hard weekend but well worth it.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2255322)   #41
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Over 180 pictures here, more to come!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandfis...7606223920511/

A couple of favourites are:

Corvette at night, looking toward Ford chicane

1970 all over again.

Zefarelly (Joe) holding out the pitboard for Garth Burnett's runaway Plateau 1 winning Talbot 105, owned by our own John Ruston.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2255686)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Some great photo's, checked the other 180 but no sign of BMW 328 no 55 which was my old bosses car.

Thanks for sharing your pictures much appreciated.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2256422)   #43
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I shall go seek it out. Bear in mind I have 3 thousand images to trawl through!
Old 23 Jul 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2256621)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Did you watch the entire race through a lens?

I used to take a camera but now days I relax and watch as I ended up with loads of blurry pictures and was always worried about my camera, nowdays I take very little that I would be worried about lossing and take the odd photo using my Phone.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2257369)   #45
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Pretty much, yes.
I had the huge advantage of a Media Pass, so I could 'park' kit while not using it. Especially as I use Olympus, and I never saw any other Oly kit that side of the fence...

But I did take some breaks, and just watched things. Or wandered back to the pits for refueling!
The free Press Bar above the Media Centre was welcome too. Croissants and coffee, with an occasional glass of rough French red...