Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2565640)   #51
Flapshot
Rookie

Flapshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@dwf1 - I know who you are now - I thought it was even less than .1 of a second!

@everyone reading - I posted a report of sorts, but it said the mod's had to approve it??? I think ghinzani has seen it (being a mod and all that)...

Perhaps someone could fix that?

@dwf1 - I had a really bad 2nd and 3rd race. Race 2 not my fault, race 3 I spun
Still, pretty happy for a noob

BTW - I had a (G) after my name, guess I was down as a guest driver but I though Nick had said I can pay £10 to enter both Ryehouse and Ancaster AND the scores would count. Doesn't matter as I scored f-all hehe

See you at Ancaster
Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2565642)   #52
Flapshot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
I reckon I might try and get myself a guest drive with covkart for Ancaster, and try out my new suit! It all sounds very exciting
It's a buzz competing for sure Contact Nick at Covkartsport for all the info - he is laid up at the moment but still answering calls.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2565684)   #53
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Huh, what set up ? What did you do Flapshot ?

NO SETUP AS IN 'ORGANISATION', NOT SETUP AS IN 'BRING THE REAR IN FOR MORE GRIP'... Ooops Im shouting!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2565688)   #54
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapshot View Post
@everyone reading - I posted a report of sorts, but it said the mod's had to approve it??? I think ghinzani has seen it (being a mod and all that)...

Perhaps someone could fix that?
Il get right on it!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2565698)   #55
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
NO SETUP AS IN 'ORGANISATION', NOT SETUP AS IN 'BRING THE REAR IN FOR MORE GRIP'... Ooops Im shouting!
I thought he had gone for fronts out ! LOL.

Sounds like you got stuck in then Flapshot, does the series come anywhere near Buckmore and Bayford ?

'Ooops, just got off my butt and checked out the website and it's a no !'
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2565738)   #56
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
How come I cant see my post??

I suspect it was all the 'at' signs you put in it, software didnt like it see... maybe thought you were spamming email addresses or something... ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2565739)   #57
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I thought he had gone for fronts out ! LOL.

Sounds like you got stuck in then Flapshot, does the series come anywhere near Buckmore and Bayford ?

'Ooops, just got off my butt and checked out the website and it's a no !'

Yeah if it came darn sarf Id be tempted to coem and have a look, but half of its in Scotland, relatively speaking!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2565769)   #58
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
@dwf1 - I know who you are now - I thought it was even less than .1 of a second!

@dwf1 - I had a really bad 2nd and 3rd race. Race 2 not my fault, race 3 I spun
Still, pretty happy for a noob

BTW - I had a (G) after my name, guess I was down as a guest driver but I though Nick had said I can pay £10 to enter both Ryehouse and Ancaster AND the scores would count. Doesn't matter as I scored f-all hehe

See you at Ancaster
Yeah points would count but winning the title would be tough!
G does equal guest driver. Did you pay 10 pounds? If you did, it is mine and Peter's fault because we didn't know and Nick has been ill! Ancaster will be amazing. I'm quick round there so hoping for great results.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2565793)   #59
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Yeah if it came darn sarf Id be tempted to coem and have a look, but half of its in Scotland, relatively speaking!
I've driven the RX Sports at Buckmore a couple of times with my son and they are great fun, especially having the big bumpers around the outside !The thing is, being 14 and not weighing much it's hard for me to keep my son behind me, once he's in front I'm toast !
We may do an endurance event over the winter either a 3 or 6 hour race with my brother and his son.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2566030)   #60
Flapshot
Rookie

dwf1 - I did pay £10, I was supposed to pay £5 "membership" per race so I thought the £10 was for both Ryehouse and Ancaster Nick said if I did join and pay the £10 for the remainder of the season, I'd get automatic entry (after paying the years fee) into the 2010 season. I'll chat to him at Ancaster.

There are only two circuits I have ever driven, that is Ryehouse (after Sunday) and Daytona Milton Keynes. So I'll be slow at Ancaster as I was at Ryehouse :P When I get some experience under my belt perhaps I'll threaten to win one of those trophies.....

Ghinzani - my "race report" post was the one that hasn't shown up.

Here's something controversial - I don't think Ryehouse as a track is all that. I wanted to be scared going round "stadium" but wasn't in the slightest (and yes I was flat until half way round :P ). Perhaps the karts we had were too slow, I imagine it would be more frightening in a Rotax.

Daytona MK is the most demanding track I can ever imagine, and that has two real "high balls" turns that make or break a good lap - loved that circuit
Old 21 Oct 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2566032)   #61
Flapshot
Rookie

Quote:
I've driven the RX Sports at Buckmore a couple of times with my son and they are great fun, especially having the big bumpers around the outside !The thing is, being 14 and not weighing much it's hard for me to keep my son behind me, once he's in front I'm toast !
We may do an endurance event over the winter either a 3 or 6 hour race with my brother and his son.
I did 24hours at Daytona Milton Keynes. That was quite something I can tell you!

I rather fancy endurance as well, I know club100 do it, but that costs a mint and I'd need to find a reliable (and quick) teamie or two. Good luck Gilles
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2567008)   #62
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I have done quite a bit of running at Rye in Club100 this year. I agree, its not my favourite. But its not bad. Daytona MK is good in thier hire-4-strokes, i would like to try it in one of thier D-MAX's.

Other tracks that i have been to this year are Buckmore, Whilton Mill and Llandow. Love all of them.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2567260)   #63
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Yeah I think that message just hasn't got through due to Stuart's holiday and Nick being ill. Once the results have been publish, I will see if your down as a guest and if you are, I will help them sort it out.
Just tough at the moment with everything that is going on

I've raced Club100 in the BUKC before racing at Rye, Whilton, Clay and Llandow. Also raced at Fradley's Midland karting and Swaffham raceway, including all on the covkartsport series. Club100 is just too expensive for me
Old 23 Oct 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2568232)   #64
Flapshot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1 View Post
Yeah I think that message just hasn't got through due to Stuart's holiday and Nick being ill. Once the results have been publish, I will see if your down as a guest and if you are, I will help them sort it out.
Cheers mate!

Peat - Daytona MK is a hell of a track - I managed to get in the 1:10's on the full circuit, I expect with some practice I'd get into the 9's. The lap record was smashed by a 14 year old at 1:07.late. WOW.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2570255)   #65
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
If anyone does want to join covkartsport, you will need to read the news page on the website. Nick Stanley, founder of the series is ill at the moment and not involved in matters so please contact Peter Realf on the phone number or email address on the NEWS page.

Also please ignore the news about the one member at Rye House. We do not accept drivers acting or accusing how he did and is now banned from the championship. The rest of the series' drivers are kind, helpful and just after a great days racing so please do not take this as the norm.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2570287)   #66
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1 View Post
If anyone does want to join covkartsport, you will need to read the news page on the website. Nick Stanley, founder of the series is ill at the moment and not involved in matters so please contact Peter Realf on the phone number or email address on the NEWS page.

Also please ignore the news about the one member at Rye House. We do not accept drivers acting or accusing how he did and is now banned from the championship. The rest of the series' drivers are kind, helpful and just after a great days racing so please do not take this as the norm.
^ Sounds good to me, thanks for that. I'll do just that.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2570683)   #67
Flapshot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
^ Sounds good to me, thanks for that. I'll do just that.
Cool Fox89 - look forward to seeing you