Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:41 (Ref:2956213)   #26
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big gap between #888 and #88 in Practice 2, and #2 beats #1 again

#9 has recovered well too
Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2956217)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P2

Interesting codriver session... shows what we saw in P1, with #2 and #888 codrivers quick, and #1 and #88 perhaps less so. 1.4s is more than significant!

BJR not really firing, on fb they blame old tyres... Codriver in #17 quicker than primary pilot... same in #12...

SBR #9 back on track... Mr McIntyre competitive! Electrical issue in P1 apparently...

PMM strong in #39, Mr Perkins quick... weaker in #49, with the boss off track at the last turn...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:02 (Ref:2956220)   #28
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
P1

Early days... but BJR, DJR & SBR are nowhere...

I presume #9 had a technical issue? Such a slow lap.. and went out again but didnt do a flyer. Track time for Mr McIntyre didnt come off then

Of interest too is looking how quick the codrivers are in #2, #888 and #88... the first 2 are close.. the third maybe 1.5s south of them... early days of course.. but maybe puts risk into betting on #88 for the win
With BJR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team BOC's Facebook page
Fear not BOC-ers ... oil on the track spoilt our green-run leaving us 19th after Practice One. Brighty was not worried....
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:15 (Ref:2956224)   #29
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red flag early on in P3, #888 and #4 are showing as not in pits on the live timing....
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2956226)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
Red flag early on in P3, #888 and #4 are showing as not in pits on the live timing....
Mechanical failure on #4 apparently, its back out there now
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:24 (Ref:2956227)   #31
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where are you seeing live timing, the Telstra one does not seem to work
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:28 (Ref:2956228)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Where are you seeing live timing, the Telstra one does not seem to work
Here
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:32 (Ref:2956231)   #33
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks GTR. That works.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2956233)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Red flag again... Frosty? Car is slow...
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:44 (Ref:2956234)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Thanks GTR. That works.
No worries... they have so many places to link to/from on the main series site, and not all of them work...
Old 16 Sep 2011, 05:10 (Ref:2956239)   #36
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Early days yet but TeamVodafone looking hard to go past.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2956241)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P3

Usual suspects back to the front.

Interestingly the #88 car had its copilot aboard for a fair amount of the session... towards the back of the middle.. the regular dude gets back in and BANG.. its at the front again...

#5 isnt looking particularly quick.. new car teething troubles? Maybe the same can be said for #34?

#30 seems to need some love... its not too great to see at the end of every session that it is the tail gunner. 105% cutoff might be a challenge here too.. Its not like they arent using greens, the team confirmed they made a new tyre change when Frosty was being brought back.. If there was any speed in the car at all, it would bob up in the middle of the field in some session or other.. but its not..

DJR claim on their 'live feed' fb page Here that they are still using older rubber... and are still slow...

Practice over for the weekend... now its time to do some 'real' running
Old 16 Sep 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2956248)   #38
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Red flag again... Frosty? Car is slow...
Frosty car came to a stop after hitting a rabbit.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Sep 2011, 06:00 (Ref:2956256)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Frosty car came to a stop after hitting a rabbit.
So it seems that FPR are still suffering from the curse of the black jellybean?
Old 16 Sep 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2956277)   #40
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
PMM has tweeted that #49 lost a right front wheel on track during the first session... must have made it back to go out again?
Old 16 Sep 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2956284)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 16 Sep 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2956349)   #42
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh dear, who was behind the wheel of #49?
Old 16 Sep 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2956376)   #43
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Driver A & B
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2956632)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Oh dear, who was behind the wheel of #49?
The boss I thought... came long after their pitstop
Old 17 Sep 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2956683)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P4

Gee an 888 1-2.... such a surprise...
Old 17 Sep 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2956684)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
D'Alberto Out!!

Sidelined by Chicken Pox.. replaced by Taz Douglas... with Mr Wood not having had had them either.. could be a fun weekend...
Old 17 Sep 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2956687)   #47
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
Quote:
P4

Gee an 888 1-2.... such a surprise...
Yet in P5 it's #888 in P1 and Mr Thompson back in 8th.....

Hmmm, your co-driver doesn't looks so fast there Wr Whincup
Old 17 Sep 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2956693)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P5

The #888 looks strong... very strong... Mr Skaife set the time in P4.. not bad for an old bloke

While the speed of the 2nd pilot in #2 is well surprising! At a very similar speed level to his lead pilot... wonder if they can keep it up for a full race distance? While #1 should probably have stayed in bed... again...

PMM #49 had the boss in all session.. you cant help but wonder if Owen/Perkins may be a stronger race package there.. even if the commercial reality would not allow it to happen...

BJR #8 looks good on one lap speed... codriver isnt as quick as lead pilot... car only seems to pop up on odd laps, not all session... #14 and #21 are a fair way behind...

DJR is still a concern... their live feed says they are still running on old tyres... but for the gun car to be 27th is interesting...

Mr Dumbrell snookered a tyre wall in that session, with a few minutes to go. No word on damage..

Ok.. bulldust over now.. R1 qualifying on soon! Lets see who was foxing!
Old 17 Sep 2011, 01:52 (Ref:2956700)   #49
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like the love is lost from the team to the driver of number 4. Is this Tony Longhurst all over again.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 01:53 (Ref:2956701)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q1 Driver 'A'

FPR finally extracts the digit! One car on pole, the others, nowhere! Richo doesnt look good in the car...

888 in 2nd and 3rd will still give them position to win...

Mr McIntyre is impressive.. isnt a regular driver, hasnt been to all the codriver sessions, but he can bump off a 5th quickest time in a field packed with full timers! The speedway style entry to the front straight looked fun, but not quick I suspect. One to watch!

Mr Bright went off at the end of the session, couldnt improve..

Mr Tander didnt quite have the speed you may have expected either.. watch for Mr Percat in the next session... should be interesting.

And amazingly, #30 isnt last!