Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2957551)   #101
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Read the words from Mr Swetnam... talks well of mechanics, talks well of drivers... but doesnt talk at all about engineering...

Lets see what washes out.. but by nobody's standards was this an acceptable result!
And you need to ease up on the detective work and go get some fresh air........ Anyone can read an article and make an assumption, you seem to make many.... too many in my books.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2957553)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
And you need to ease up on the detective work and go get some fresh air........ Anyone can read an article and make an assumption, you seem to make many.... too many in my books.
Go buy yourself another book...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Sep 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2957561)   #103
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Go buy yourself another book...
Nah... You actually give me a good laugh with your oracle like posts.. Its annoying as all get out at times, but amusing as well.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2957563)   #104
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Nah... You actually give me a good laugh with your oracle like posts.. Its annoying as all get out at times, but amusing as well.
but ... sometimes he is right,

so you have to take things on board, but as with all posters a healthy dose of skepticism
Old 18 Sep 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2957564)   #105
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Cracker of a race. And to watch SBR snatch defeat from the jaws of victory- well 2nd at best- was a treat.

And the "generation 2 dream team" of serial whingerII and muppet II for the frod appologists didn't exactly set the world on fire either.

Still there is one bright spot for the frod appologist. Frosty finished exactly where he would have been had he started on pole.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2957567)   #106
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
can anyone translate that please?
Old 18 Sep 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2957587)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Following an investigation and an admission by Dale Wood Car #25 that he drove in a careless manner, contact on Car #18 James Moffat, the Stewards imposed the penalty of the loss of 25 Championship Points from Dale Wood.
this amuses me for three reasons

first the results sheet show there wasnt a car 25. that might be just a typo or maybe i didnt pick up there was a number 25.

second and more importantly this in theory means that it will be alright at Bathurst for Mr Skaife to move cars out of the way and even into the wall and it will be only Mr Skaife that gets a penalty and both Craig and Mark will be considered winners

third 25 points effectively drops him behind the car that was two laps behind him on the track, efficetevely a two lap penalty where as if Mr lowndes/skaife had got the penalty it would have dropped them from 1st place to 2nd place or just 6 seconds of penalty, surely this fixed penalty is inconsistant

in the past you were given the equivelent of a drive through which meant the mr wood would have dropped back to the rear of the lead lap or 5 poistions or a 16 point penalty
Old 18 Sep 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2957597)   #108
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
but ... sometimes he is right,
Like a broken watch?
Old 19 Sep 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2957822)   #109
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very entertaining race all round, interesting to see the pace that #2 and #6 had at various times, but both cars were too hard on their tyres it seemed.

888 and 88 looked very strong all day but 88 didn't have the pace at the end where 888 seemed to do it at a canter.

SBR as usual eats front tyres, was the same when Abrose drove for them. Commentary even mentioned their front geometry being different to everybody else. They will be nowhere at Bathurst.

Curiously utterly lacking any sort of pace were the JBR cars and #4. Wind out of Alex Davo's sails now that he's had the chop? Not a great job interview. I can't see him having a full time drive next year. Back to Porsches I think. Mind you Slade was nowhere too.

Courtney again very average too. Barely saw him all day.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2957825)   #110
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ahhh... but can they keep the tyres under it all day? Could be good fun if they can given his team bosses are annoyed he didnt yield to one of them yesterday...
The answer is yes, A great drive by Reynolds / Blanchard to finish 6th. A pity channel 7 gave them about 2 seconds of tv throughout the day !!!!
Old 19 Sep 2011, 03:42 (Ref:2957843)   #111
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Shame the #8 had a drive through as they may have been a factor.
I only saw bits of the race yesterday... Was that for the altercation with How-Many-Lines-Can-I-Occupy-In-The-Braking-Zone Richards early in the race?
Old 19 Sep 2011, 03:48 (Ref:2957844)   #112
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I only saw bits of the race yesterday... Was that for the altercation with How-Many-Lines-Can-I-Occupy-In-The-Braking-Zone Richards early in the race?
Yep
Old 19 Sep 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2957846)   #113
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Yep
That's absolutely ridiculous... My previous post will probably indicate why I think so.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2957865)   #114
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
2 Fords in the top 16...
Old 22 Sep 2011, 05:57 (Ref:2959397)   #115
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice result for Dave Reynolds, always good to finish in front of the boss.

Could somebody please explain, why the boss took the work car keys off him for the weekend and he to get a lift down to PI with a mate?

Now he has lost his engineer as well, time to move on Davey!
Old 22 Sep 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2959426)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Nice result for Dave Reynolds, always good to finish in front of the boss.

Could somebody please explain, why the boss took the work car keys off him for the weekend and he to get a lift down to PI with a mate?

Now he has lost his engineer as well, time to move on Davey!
According to AA, Mr Crennan suggested it was because they had 'people' that needed to get to Phillip Island, and that Mr Reynolds could catch a lift with one of the team members.

Take a squiz of the side skirt of #16 at Phillip Island.... and notice the 'Hertz' branding.. the team could have leaned on a sponsor for an additional car...
Old 22 Sep 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2959429)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so you dont think that the worst that happened from both cars coming together was a slightly sticking door which probably made no difference was a a bit of good luck.
Of interest, in the HRTtv footage after the event , Mr McConville discussed a similar door crunch issue on #1, with a collision with Mr Baird the identified cause.

So HRT seems to copy the 888 strategy to the letter Who says they arent thorough?

I would imagine both teams are now looking at how their doors are fastened to the chassis, and building a solution to the door failure issue. Had the hits been slightly different in each case, the door may not have relatched and flapped open in the breeze.. possibly costing each car a result