Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 8 Feb 2003, 11:52 (Ref:500538)   #1
racer25
Rookie

racer25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think F3000 is at the end of its line and should be canceled

I think F3000 is at the end of its line and should be canceled.
Too expensive, poor grids, no feeder for F1, outdated cars, far too expensive engines, poor gearboxes with many breakdowns.
Just look at the entry it is a joke. get rid of it and let new series fill the gap.
Good move of Astromega go for Renault V6 it will be the future for sure with someone like Renault in the background
Old 8 Feb 2003, 12:13 (Ref:500549)   #2
jjjoseee
Racer

jjjoseee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe int 3000 could die in one or two years... but who is just die is the euro3000... i think the season will not start because a lack of drivers. if int 3000 have problems, then imagine the eruo3000. too much avalaible cars between WS and renault V6, and of best quality and low cost.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 15:04 (Ref:500629)   #3
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: I think F3000 is at the end of its line and should be canceled

Quote:
Originally posted by racer25
I think F3000 is at the end of its line and should be canceled.
Too expensive, poor grids, no feeder for F1, outdated cars, far too expensive engines, poor gearboxes with many breakdowns.
Just look at the entry it is a joke. get rid of it and let new series fill the gap.
Good move of Astromega go for Renault V6 it will be the future for sure with someone like Renault in the background
Too expensive; it's the same price for a season of Formula Atlantic here in America

poor grids; I mean, isn't it the case in all categories now?

no feeder for F1; what? are you blind?
--> Webber, Pizzonia, Wilson, Alonso etc....

outdated cars; ? what??? brand spanking new cars

far too expensive engines; I dont know how much an engine costs, do you?

poor gearboxes with many breakdowns; I have to admit a remember reading this once or twice

Just look at the entry it is a joke. get rid of it and let new series fill the gap; FIA entry list you mean, many other announcements have been made you know. And about other series filling the gap, I think the more series there are, the more gaps there are. It's normal, the more series you have, eventually there is going to be a shortage of drivers, I mean, sponsors and scouts can't be at every event keeping an eye on future stars don't you agree?

Good move of Astromega go for Renault V6 it will be the future for sure with someone like Renault in the background ; Was that confirmed?
Old 8 Feb 2003, 16:21 (Ref:500669)   #4
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Shunt the Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: I think F3000 is at the end of its line and should be canceled

Quote:
Originally posted by DanFlag
Too expensive; it's the same price for a season of Formula Atlantic here in America
Yes but twice more expensive than a season in TWS Nissan.

Quote:
poor grids; I mean, isn't it the case in all categories now?
You don't have any drivers in the list who even won a Formula 3 championship...
Old 8 Feb 2003, 16:32 (Ref:500670)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3000 sure helped guys like Montoya Bruno J and Bourdais in CART. It taught them to get up to speed immediately, look at how Sebastien is doing so far, he's been in th etop 3 of almost every single CART test
Old 8 Feb 2003, 16:41 (Ref:500679)   #6
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the low costs of TWS is said to be in the first 2 years only because it's sponsored big time right now and low costs means it gets big names as well as youngsters.

The moment the situation changes and it's not sponsored anymore as it is now, we'll probably see entry fees go up to levels like F3000.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:11 (Ref:500696)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Said it before, say it again: merge F3000, Euro F3000 and TWS, allow free chassis and engines, sign up Lola, Dallara, Panoz/G-Force, Dome, Judd, Cosworth, BMW, Nissan, and we'll have a close-fought and worthy feeder series for F1.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:11 (Ref:500698)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bruno Junquiera certainly didn't get up to speed straight away in CART, if his initial contract hadn't been for 2 years he would've lost his Ganassi drive for last year, and would probably be on the (single seater) scrapheap alongside other former F3000 frontrunners like Jorg Muller, Tomas Enge and Nicolas Minassion.

F3000 should be the lead feeder for F1, yet around half the F1 grid either never raced in it (including Schumacher, Villeneuve and Fisichella), or only got to F1 after doing something else, like Montoya and Da Matta.

The cars are not similar enough to F1 cars, compared to TWS and CART, and it ahs too many sponsored guys who belong at a lower level.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:26 (Ref:500706)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
feeder series for f1? isn't that going to be cart?
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:33 (Ref:500711)   #10
Russfeld
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Said it before, say it again: merge F3000, Euro F3000 and TWS, allow free chassis and engines, sign up Lola, Dallara, Panoz/G-Force, Dome, Judd, Cosworth, BMW, Nissan, and we'll have a close-fought and worthy feeder series for F1.
And a racing series as expensive as CART
Old 8 Feb 2003, 18:28 (Ref:500740)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably more expensive now that CART has spec engines. F3000 needs to be carefully regulated so as to keep it similar to F1 in terms of the skill needed to succeed. Right now the cars handle differently, the lack of track time hampers rookies too much, and the races are too processional as its hard to overtake.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 18:46 (Ref:500749)   #12
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
merge F3000, Euro F3000 and TWS, allow free chassis and engines, sign up Lola, Dallara, Panoz/G-Force, Dome, Judd, Cosworth, BMW, Nissan, and we'll have a close-fought and worthy feeder series for F1.

this is the best idea I heard at the moment, that wouyld be a 10 out of 10... great Idea!!!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 19:43 (Ref:500792)   #13
Russfeld
Veteran

and as I pointed out the first time, you'd have to add another zero to your F3000 budget. what you describe was CART up until the 2003 season
Old 8 Feb 2003, 21:06 (Ref:500867)   #14
racer25
Rookie

racer25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the cost of F3000 engine is 33.000 pounds sterling for 3200 km that makes approx just under 100.000 sterling for the year just on the engine.
complete overpriced
Old 8 Feb 2003, 22:00 (Ref:500908)   #15
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And whilst merging these various Formula, which I think is a great idea, make sure the new version is called Formula Two.If anyone on this forum can remenber the old F2 of the seventies and eighties they'll know just what a fantastic category it was.All the great drivers did F2, it was virtually impossible to by-pass it if you wanted to get to F1.Clark,Hill,Laffite,Arnoux,Jarier,Patrese,Rosberg,
Bellof,Peterson,Mansell,Thackwell,Depailler,Cevert, the list is endless.The cars were fabulous and raced on proper circuits like the old Nurburgring,Rouen,Mugello,Enna,Pau etc.Why it was ever scrapped I'll never know.Bring back F2 and give us some 'real' circuits to go with it !!! F3000 just isn't in the same league.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 22:47 (Ref:500949)   #16
Russfeld
Veteran

and...it was expensive as hell.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 23:04 (Ref:500967)   #17
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What sort of cost are we talking about? F2 lasted for over 20 years and there never seemed a shortage of teams or drivers.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 02:08 (Ref:501137)   #18
Russfeld
Veteran

It was almost mini F1 in its finaly years, I think the only thing it was missing was a tire war. Hell even F3000 prior to the 96 spec formula was very pricey
Old 9 Feb 2003, 05:08 (Ref:501177)   #19
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh..F3000's been a great feeder series for Cart, and if they can make it in Cart, they're pretty much guaranteed to get an F1 offer....so...
I dont know...as long as there are drivers and sponsors bringing the money and cars on the grid, I don't see why any series should go.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 9 Feb 2003, 14:27 (Ref:501419)   #20
Cole Trickle
Rookie

Cole Trickle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agreed but, except when it's governed by bandits...
Old 9 Feb 2003, 15:04 (Ref:501434)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
like i've said before, i don't understand why the 'ladder' system can't be 3 dimensional, why there always has to be one way to the top.
f3000 has it's place and so does everything else. ok, so it's a little expensive but the best shine through, and the rich will get there anyway. fact of life.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 18:18 (Ref:501580)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
This matter of cost seems to rear its head again and again, but are we saying that the only way of having an affordable series is to make it one-make? That's a sad look-out for F3, post-2005 CART and the IRL, then. Of course budgets have to be kept in check, but think of the benefits of a freed-up F3000 - more work for engine manufacturers (whether car-makers or independents like John Judd and Brian Hart) and for chassis makers, as opposed to Lola building almost everything (no offence to Martin Birrane). And, damn it, it would make it more interesting. Diversity = good.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 18:42 (Ref:501606)   #23
Russfeld
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by bella
like i've said before, i don't understand why the 'ladder' system can't be 3 dimensional, why there always has to be one way to the top.
because the market cant support it. Until there are enough talented and funded drivers to fill every grid, and each grid can draw a good support slot and TV deal; you're just spreading it too thin and hurting the sport overall
Old 9 Feb 2003, 19:10 (Ref:501647)   #24
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me F3000 still is and probably for a long long time be the main feeder series to F1, drivers like, Webber, Enge, Pizzonia, Alonso, Heidfield, Bernoldi, Wilson (ok he did a year in the TWS but would have been in F1 last year if he could have fitted into the Minardi F1 car so I include Wilson, and stoddart has always talked about his F3000 experince and so has Wilson not the TWS) now 7 drivers in 4 years aint bad going thats almost 2 a year.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 19:16 (Ref:501652)   #25
Lisboa
Racer

Lisboa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you Racer25. If people remember, when F.3000 started his partnership near F.1 everybody expected something big. What is now F.3000? Somothing near to nothing. F.3000 has 7 drivers and 9 teams at the moment. It's time to change some opinion: DAN FLAG, for example. For 3000 said that Pizzonia is not good, he won one rece in two years! If Antonio has now a F.1 seat, it's only because he won F.3 and F.Renault! Wilson has link F.1 after World Series, and Alonso
has a log term agreement after hid Formula Nissan success. Ha also won only one race in Spa, with.....superfuel!!! Do you remember that race??
It's time to stop stupid discussion about F.3000, if people continue to support a stupid championship like 2003 one, does not help F.3000, but help the people that want to kill the series.
Closed Thread