Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2759307)   #26
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Webber will do it. I think he has more fire and passion for it than all the other WDC contenders put toghever and that shows in his drives. Now as a stupendous Mclaren fan i really want to see them take the WCC but this year i really want Webber to win the WDC. The others have more years ahead but i think this is Webbers last shout. I say that through gritted teeth but i want to see someone else have it and i like Webber.

But as long as Alonso or the "crash kid" dont get it then i will be happy!!

Last edited by Roths; 14 Sep 2010 at 15:50. Reason: Addition
Old 14 Sep 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2759308)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Just to remind folk, the question is who will win the Championships, not who do you want to (although that can be an equally interesting).
Noted, but it is such a difficult choice that I have split my reply into halves (maybe quarters!).

For varying personal reasons I would prefer the WDC to be either Button, Hamilton or Webber in strict alphabetical order. In reality I think it's between Alonso (if he continues to drive as he did at Monza), Hamilton, maybe Vettel, and Webber, again in alphabetical order.

My preference would be for McLaren to win the Constructors' title, but I suspect it will be RBR unless they really do shoot themselves in the foot
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2759320)   #28
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
It'd be funny if he did. I wish I'd gone to the bookies two years ago and stuck a tenner on Button and Webber winning the next two World Championships. If Webber pulls it off I could've won enough to buy the 2nd HRT seat.
You could probably buy HRT with the odds you would have gotten on that...
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2759321)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I noted that Alonso skipped the first chicane at Monza on one of the last laps.

He's made quite a few unforced errors this season. Jump start, tangled with barriers on more than one occasion, carelessly losing a place to a Sauber and also a Mercedes (remember that one)!

No. There are others more deserving than him this season.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2759325)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I would say the 2008 Mac was inferior to the Ferrari Hans.

Massa and Kimi wasted that year.
Alternatively, you could say that because they shared the points between them, whereas Lewis had a clear run, they opened the door for him.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2759327)   #31
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Even Massa isn't out of it yet.
I think only on paper - he won't be allowed to compete for maximum points, all the time there is a possibility of Alonso winning it.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2759335)   #32
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WDC - Webber, just to stick 2 fingers up at RB Management and Vettel. I'd aslso say, "not bad for a number 2 driver!"

WCC - McLaren. Two drivers who know how to rack up the points.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2759375)   #33
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton or Teflonso. Hopefully not Teflonso. It may seem odd to pick just these two as possibilities, but the boring answer is that any of top 5 could still win it. I picked these two as possibles because they both have the best ultimate pace and racing potential, I feel. Alonso's made quite a lot of errors this season though.

Last edited by Born Racer; 14 Sep 2010 at 18:30.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2764788)   #34
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso looks good now doesn't he. When he's not moaning he's quite a driver. I have a sneaky feeling he could benefit from the squabbling Red Bulls.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2764791)   #35
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much to my dislike I think it's Teflonso's to lose now
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2764834)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably Teflonso.

The joint-quickest car, a quick driver and Felipe Massa as his elf to Teflonso's Father Christmas, plus 7 bonus points that you can buy.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2764888)   #37
XR6T
Rookie

XR6T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber will take it from here.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2764889)   #38
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm 95% confident it'll be either Webber or Alonso. Which will depend on the cars. Red Bull will take the constructors with ease.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2764894)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6T View Post
Welcome to Ten-Tenths.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2764902)   #40
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just hope that Alonso doesn't win the championship by 7 points or less. On a personal level that will really stick in my craw. And on a more general level, it will show Formula One to be a badly tainted "sport" where breaking the rules can gain you an advantage.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2764909)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

The stupid thing is he has the talent to have over-taken Massa in Hockenheim.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2765039)   #42
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
He had a golden opportunity too, but he made a mess of it.

It looks as if Alonso has the momentum now, but I await Suzuka to see if Red Bull regain any kind of advantage on a track that in theory should suit them. I'm not convinced that they actually have an advantage anymore, though - coincidentally that seems to have fallen off since the increase in front wing load tests. If their performance advantage has genuinely gone then Alonso has to be the favourite now.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Sep 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2765100)   #43
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I hope Webber can do it, but I think Alonso will win it in the end.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2765170)   #44
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, I'm praying for Webber, But I think Alonso will win it. Red Bull made to much of a hack of the start of the year. And I thought in Turkey 'I hope this doesn't come back to haunt them' I think the difference will be points lost for Webber in Turkey and points 'given' to Alonso in Germany
Old 27 Sep 2010, 05:44 (Ref:2765241)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6T View Post
He's gotta beat his team mate first and i don't see that happening every race. Seb will take too many points off Mark and all the time he's doing that Red Bull won't ask Seb to support Mark. The only thing that can cost Alonso the title is his engine supply imo.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 05:56 (Ref:2765244)   #46
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If webber gets up in Japan and seb finishes less than a top three imho horner needs to grow sum nuts and take a stand and back postie for the WDC, Vettel will be WDC just not this year, he has made far too many errors and failed to convert good qualy to good race finishes.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2765276)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber has the luck to win it, and Alonso seems to have the ability. It could come down to Nando's engine supply when we get to the last couple of races.

I am still hoping Seb can pull something out of the hat.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2766065)   #48
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like Vettel/Webber fight till the end. I think Teflonso will be around, but his engine will hamper him.

I think Webber might just be able to beat Vettel.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2766077)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
None of the above.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2766283)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Your belief in Button is maybe a bit high for this championship, Marbot.
Closed Thread