Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Nov 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2786631)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Born, it's São Paulo.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2786636)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whoops. Sorry, used to writing in Italian. I'd also have a job finding the shortcut to that accent on my keyboard with the program I'm using.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2786639)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Saint Paul wouldn't be bad as we call London, Londres...
Old 7 Nov 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2786652)   #29
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And we call Roma, Rome. Is it so hard for us to say the first word?
Old 7 Nov 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2786675)   #30
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like some Sauber engineers have been help up as well!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/071120...-gunpoint.html
Old 7 Nov 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2786771)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post

Wow !
Old 7 Nov 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2786777)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post

Button mentioned something about Sauber engineers being robbed.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2787019)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Strange thing to say to ask someone to have compassion. It wasn't like he made a particularly controversial statement. How about having compassion for the people who are equally poor but don't resort to that?
actually, my point is less about compassion, more about as i said in my comment, judgement. it's the precursor to hate. but that's philosophy and life attitudes, not f1.

back on topic, i thought bernie's alleged comments about the whole situation were pretty shady to be honest! i suspect if he'd been in the car, not button or any of the f1 personnel there would have been a far greater drama.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2787208)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Bernie couldn't care less, because you can be sure he had the best protection of anyone and Interlagos works as an F1 venue because the drivers like the circuit, the fans are great and the teams are prepared to put up with the less than perfect working conditions, so he's happy.

He didn't seem to care that even some of his own FOM people had been attacked.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2787221)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow just read his comments here.

i cant tell if he is trying to make a joke or not. usually i am a fan of the guy but just reading the quotes used here leaves me with the feeling that reality is not a concept he has regular dealings with.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2787233)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Next season this won't happen again, I promise.

Oh, and next season there'll be whole new facilities, again I promise.

Bookmark this post.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2787244)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki Lauda
Are you nuts?," he told Reuters when asked if the incidents could put the event in jeopardy.

"Every country, different things. It's normal in life...this is ridiculous. This is one of the best races ever, it's been on the calendar for years. This is like Monte Carlo to me," added the Austrian.
Thanks Lauda !

P.S.:I have never been mugged, have you ? Oh there might be always a first time...
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2787256)   #38
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

i cant tell if he is trying to make a joke or not. usually i am a fan of the guy but just reading the quotes used here leaves me with the feeling that reality is not a concept he has regular dealings with.
Bernie is most certainly the master of The Thoughtless Crass Statement. The guy needs to visit one of those special doctors that you go to when you've mixed up your vocal chords and testicles because that is most certainly where he's talking from. (There must be special doctors for this, with a special name).
As far as he's concerned Brazil is safe because he's not been inconvenienced, but how many years ago did he threaten to stop the British GP because he managed to get mud on the tyres of his chauffer driven limousine?
Personally I don't want to see the Brazilian GP go from the calendar, there is a great deal of passion for the sport in that country, but I do think it's about time that Bernie showed some compassion and respect for the guys who are actually working at the coal face* in his multi-million dollar earning enterprise (and to their families) and not dismiss such happenings as trivial.
*I include in this not just Jenson Button, who was lucky to escape un-harmed, but other members of team personnel who have not been so fortunate in the past.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2787269)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
*I include in this not just Jenson Button, who was lucky to escape un-harmed, but other members of team personnel who have not been so fortunate in the past.
Buton was in a armored mercedes, unless they had a bazooka they could have hurt him. No lucky there, the driver was a trained policeman for such situations.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2787288)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Ecclestone really comes out with some strange comments:

"They look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright," said the billionaire, whose current girlfriend is Brazilian.

"The people that look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at.

"I think here for the race weekend they probably watch TV and see who's not qualified in the top 10 and think well they must be a bit stupid otherwise they would qualify in the top 10 obviously. So they are victims."

Ecclestone inquired, with feigned ignorance, where McLaren's Button had qualified. Told it was 11th, he replied: "There you are you see, I have to rest my case."

The muggers are obviously targeting whoever leaves the track but no way is it planned as meticulously as Ecclestone's suggesting, I really question his mental make up sometimes.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 8 Nov 2010 at 22:04.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2787295)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I really question his mental make up, sometimes.
Sometimes
Old 8 Nov 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2787301)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Sometimes
I have questioned his mental make up before but this time I thought I'd be less forthright, .
Old 8 Nov 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2787323)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You have all been sucked in!

http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/11/03/be...-a-life-in-f1/
Old 8 Nov 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2787362)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Old 9 Nov 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2787519)   #45
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
P.S.:I have never been mugged, have you ?
Not on Oxford Street, contrary to what Bernie seems to think...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Nov 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2787525)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bernie should be wary of complacency. Once the thieves get their hands on helicopters he will be as exposed as everyone else.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2787526)   #47
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
how about silverstone imports some scouse chavs to nick the propellors off his helicopter while he's at the circuit?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2788059)   #48
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
how about silverstone imports some scouse chavs to nick the propellors off his helicopter while he's at the circuit?
assuming the weather will let him take a helicopter to silverstone.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2788191)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post