Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Aug 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3293017)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
German singer Heino spotted in Spa!

The mid-nineties.

Not a good look, even back then, but it's a free world!
Old 23 Aug 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3293021)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always look forward to Spa. Definitely one of the races on the calendar, if not the race.

Isn't that Justin Bieber?
Old 23 Aug 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3293034)   #28
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always look forward to Spa. Definitely one of the races on the calendar, if not the race.

Isn't that Justin Bieber?
no, definetly Heino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHX34uMNXQ8
Old 23 Aug 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3293071)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks frostie
Old 23 Aug 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3293105)   #30
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Lets hope Vettel's tyre failure is an isolated incident........

Ferrari and Merc looking a bit lost in FP2, whereas the chuckle brothers at Red Bull have set their stall out.....closely watched by Big John....
Old 23 Aug 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3293159)   #31
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JEV 5th? Would be interesting to see if he can keep that form. Massa and Hamilton complained about their cars quite vocally.

Apparently we won't have a repeat of Britain, but you never know...
Old 23 Aug 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3293164)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully not. But there's a chance...
Old 23 Aug 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3293250)   #33
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to this evening`s F1 show Alonso suffered a puncture/failure aswell , also cuts/tears/holes were found on other cars tyres Mr Hembrey said it has been narrowed down to "debris" between turns 13/14 . Please , not again !!
Old 23 Aug 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3293270)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I too would rather not have this weekends race ruined by tyre failures.

Brilliant again, frostie.

The Mercs must be running a lot more fuel during free practice. It certainly looked like that. Red Bull look ominously quick around Spa. The Lotus's also look quick too.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 01:31 (Ref:3293291)   #35
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
According to this evening`s F1 show Alonso suffered a puncture/failure aswell , also cuts/tears/holes were found on other cars tyres Mr Hembrey said it has been narrowed down to "debris" between turns 13/14 . Please , not again !!
As I have mentioned on another thread the tyre problems seem to be overstated compared to major failures in years past and situations a decade or two back....

I don't want to minimise safety concerns but if there is debris on the track that is damaging tyres it is the responsibility of race management (not the tyre company) to clean the track and monitor any on-going track condition concerns.
There is something in this whole tyre problem that makes me suspicious of some peoples motivations.....
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3293346)   #36
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
There is something in this whole tyre problem that makes me suspicious of some peoples motivations.....
It's pretty obvious to me. The teams like RBR don't like these tyres, so will go hysterical when something goes remotely wrong, in an attempt to get the teams like Lotus and Force India to join the hate, and get the tyres changed to suit their needs.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3293349)   #37
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
It's pretty obvious to me. The teams like RBR don't like these tyres, so will go hysterical when something goes remotely wrong, in an attempt to get the teams like Lotus and Force India to join the hate, and get the tyres changed to suit their needs.
Actually it's Alonso bringing the tyre failures into the media spotlight here and requesting Pirelli look into it, not RBR.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3293351)   #38
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Actually it's Alonso bringing the tyre failures into the media spotlight here and requesting Pirelli look into it, not RBR.
I used RBR as the example. It's every team who doesn't like the tyres. Ferrari and RBR are the big 2.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3293380)   #39
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Cause of tyre punctures explained.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109425
Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3293421)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching Q1 and it's a rather damp Spa. Should be interesting.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3293422)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's excellent and very surprising to see the practice sessions on BBC TV this weekend.

What are those little vanes on the Williams sidepods?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3293429)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
So Lulu's on pole. That was an enthralling Q3; only at Spa.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3293431)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Congrats to Hamilton.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3293434)   #44
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
One of the best (most entertaining qualifying sessions IU have seen live. It was great entertainment. Congratulations to Hamilton who did a great job but Kimi, Seb, Gosjean and Mark all had great runs too.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3293441)   #45
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Hamilton on pole, what a fluke. too bad Vettel will destroy him tomorrow lol
Old 24 Aug 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3293447)   #46
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Lewis, all top 3 played well their cards.
Disappointed with Alonso though, he seemed to have the pace but made an error that not only costed him his best lap, but also a last run as the time elapsed.
Toro Rosso were awfull too. Di Resta 5th and Button 6th nice results.

Funny to see Lewis acting surprised again as if the pole came from nowhere, I wonder if he'll do that until the end of the season

Looking forward to the race
Old 24 Aug 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3293453)   #47
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I still think that van der Garde was the hero of qualifying. That should secure the seat.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3293456)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know if lewis is surprised at his own form as much as he is surprised at the lack of opposition

like i said in the sauber thread, you can't really blame the teams and drivers who went ou after in the first session. they were covering their backsides against their direct opposition and being conservative. there was no time to react to the extra speed that the slicks gave the "new" teams like there usually is when we see them gambling during the race. they didn't really stand a chance once it was clear that the slicks were so much quicker.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3293482)   #49
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I do hope you're trolling.

Who won the last GP against a 3rd-placed Vettel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I still think that van der Garde was the hero of qualifying. That should secure the seat.
Yes, completely! And good job by Jules Bianchi and Max Chilton to qualify 15th and 16th behind him, respectively. It's refreshing to see the usual "backmarkers" (in Caterham and Marussia) playing amongst the former big boys like Williams and Toro Rosso... and even McLaren.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3293496)   #50
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post