Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 27 Sep 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1721360)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Livingroom Motorspeedway

This is Livingroom Motorspeedway, set in the livingroom of my house!

My little brother wanted me to make a track to play withhis cars on, so I went to work. I had: A Hornby Railway tunnel (very nice feature on the track) Lots of Old matchbox track (from late 80's, early 90's, I got it from my big cousin when I was young) and some Hotwheels F1 Set track (got it for my christmas when I was around 7 or 8) so I went to work, and the results were brilliant, I lined up 44 cars next to the track.

The lap is Brilliant, the track goes round the table and is quite big. There is no official starting point, but usually the cars would start at the 'hill with a tunnel at the end of it straight' as it is the best point of the track.
Okay, we start at the straight mentioned above, we go downhill, into the blackness of the tunnel, and as soon as we get out were on a steeply banked curve! The exit of the curve acctually points towards the table, but the next bit of track stops that. The cars then go through crash curve, then down a loooong straight and over a jump (little bros idea), into a corner identical to crash curve, then an uphill curve where many cars have crashed, then back down the hill! With scale speeds up to well over 200mph and scale G's up to 5 gs in the corners, its a truly great track!
Attached Thumbnails
HOTWHEELS!.PNG  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1721384)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not amazingly exciting but it would be quite fast. No, very fast
Old 30 Sep 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1723554)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That combination of high-rise banking and a tunnel appears to be very risqué ... kind of like avantgarde. And I like avantgarde
Unfortunately, the blot shape looks much like martin-1's 'Divine Raceway'.
Back in my days as a kid, I used clothes-pins to build tracks for toy cars on the floor of my room. These might have not looked as spectacular as the pre-produced pieces delivered by toy manufacturers that you used, but corner shapes were more variable.

Btw, thanks for the cheers on my archive thread
Old 2 Oct 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1725609)   #4
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the names of the corners and straights are so original