Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Apr 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1586990)   #1
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship Lydden Hill Results

Superfinal

1. Pat Doran
2. Chris Evans
3. Dermot Carnegie

[img]file://C:\Documents and Settings\Eberlein Family\Desktop\New Folder\IMG_0011.jpg[/img]
Old 17 Apr 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1586992)   #2
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you insert photo files into these boxes?
Old 17 Apr 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1587055)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
They need to be hosted somewhere - then you put the link in (it doesn't work for documents on your hard drive).

Some cracking racing today, the supermodified A final in particular was superb but the racing was good in all classes throughout the day. Evans and Doran looked to be the class of the Supercar field but I was impressed with Steve Hill too, he put up a great fight in the Lancer. Bellerby looked untouchable in the supermodifieds but behind him it was frantic - Simons Whites Clio was flying and Mike Turpin put on some great charges through the field. Golfvanmans TT was going well too (even after the rear end got 'adjusted').

Credit to the stock hatch (can't remember who it was) that smacked into the tyre wall, bounced out did a 360 and kept going as if nothing had happened

When's the next one
Old 17 Apr 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1587076)   #4
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great days racing, the best i can remember for a long time. All the classes gave us so much entertainment and i dont think anyone suffered to much damage. Shame about the start line problems in the superfinal, im sure Lawrence would have been right there. The organisers, officials and marshalls should all take alot of credit for getting through over 60 races and with time to spare! Looks like 2006 is going to be a great championship.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1587079)   #5
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew Jordan first event chasing Dermot,place in the superfinal awesome just hope he stays on in the future!
Driver of the day for me Steve Hill superb in the Evo unlucky not to get to the grid for A final and storming of the start line definatly one too watch,Must say Doran is looking Classy future European Champion I hope!

P.S Mr Howlin naughty boy me thinks.....
Old 17 Apr 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1587124)   #6
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was the bloke in the yellow Nova?

He was very quick but wtf was he doing in his 2/3 heat. Racing after the flag, I really thought he was going run the marshal down into turn 1.

Jordan was very impressive, but didn't look all that quick in the Superfinal did he have a problem? Doran, superb, along with Evans.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1587149)   #7
ANT1...
Rookie

England
Medway, North Kent
ANT1... should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great racing,

Yeah that yellow nova pulled off some amazing moves! classy drive, shame he couldnt make it to the superfinal!

Be back at lydden on the 28th Aug!!!!

Any racers want a 15 year old lad to help them on raceday on that day ^^^^???
Old 18 Apr 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1587388)   #8
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mike Howlin was justified in ramming of the TT. Mr Boak rammed his own car up the inside of Howlin going up the hill and should have been disqualified for that alone. He is always getting involved and pushing people off. a bit of door handling is ok, but he goes to far. I thought that if a car had all four wheels off then he had to re-enter the track at the place he left it. Boak had all four wheels off going up the hill, then left the circuit at paddock (nice bit of driving from Howlin) and drove down the start finish straight - why was he classified as a finisher? Lots of other cars were going of the track and rejoining 50 yds later - this is not allowed.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1587399)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
Mike Howlin was justified in ramming of the TT.
Nope. Contact of that sort is never justified.

Anyway, how I saw the incident was: Howlin had already shoved Turpin onto the grass on the exit of the hairpin, Turpin fell back but made another move (successful). Howlin then put Boak onto the grass - the difference was Boak didn't concede as Turpin did but elected to hold station - and managed to get ahead, in the braking area at the bottom of the hill Howlin punted Boak wide.

I expect we'll soon get to hear from Mr Boak ( Golfvanman ) so we can get the account from the horses mouth
Old 18 Apr 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1587413)   #10
winnie
Racer

Howlin was is in front of Turpin by a good 1/2 a length so he can leave the corner using any line he wants. If Turpin is just about along side then yes i agree that Howlin must give him room.

Howlin did not push Boak off going up the hill. Howlin left a couple of feet of track to his right and Boak thought he could squeeze his car into that space. Howlin defended his inside line with-out pushing Boak off - he went off on his own accord.

Howlin is proberbly fed up with the organisers not taking action for contact so proberbly decided to do his own policing. Mike Howlin is not an aggressive driver and neither is Turpin, but there are quite a few Modified that are.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1587419)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Guess we'll have to agree to differ on that one

I'd agree on one thing though, Howlin isn't normally the sort of driver to get involved in door banging.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1587422)   #12
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to clarify that both cars 81 and 15 were initially excluded by the clerk from the Supermodified A final. Car 81 appealed to the MSA Steward and was successful and therefore was reistated in the results.

Car 15 was excluded from the final before the Superfinal, but the other reports were not available until after the cars had gone to the grid for the superfinal. 81 was therefore excluded after the superfinal.

Hope this helps to clarify what happened, but you will appreciate that on a public forum, I cannot provide any further detail.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1587427)   #13
winnie
Racer

I assume that 81 and 15 are Boak and Howlin. Good to see that the organisers are excluding drivers for contact. Hope it continues.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1587445)   #14
PukKa
Rookie

England
Essex Boy
PukKa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howlin is proberbly fed up with the organisers not taking action for contact so proberbly decided to do his own policing
I think you will find that the organisers did take action ,I saw it all and BertMk 2 was closer to what really went on,But it was a massive, and I feel delibrate punt going into paddock as some kind of redress for the hill incendent?,Winnie i feel your comments about justified ramming more suited to bangers & stock cars ,some Supermodified cars cost up to £80,000 pounds to build and in the order of £1200+ a race, Let the organisers/Marshalls deal with it in a professional way,with points on licences, fines or refused entries.
Having said all that I had a great day 2 jumped starts, 2 A-Finals and a Super final,+ a set of Tyres shot to bits!! and as for Mike Turpin Top Man!!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1587494)   #15
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done pukka you fat boy !!!loose some weight your be there soon and i did notice the pile of easter cakes in your pit area !! for your cosumption i take it . ,
as for mr turpin life in them nova's yet well mine just needs a bit of tlc .
GREAT DAY
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:20 (Ref:1587544)   #16
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well all I can say is WHAT A GREAT DAY OUT IT WAS.
16 super cars turned up, 15 finished.
A great display from the super mods, and Mike Turpins overtake round the outside of North Bend was just fantastic.
Julian and Rodney gave a great display in the SH, well done to everone else as well.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1587837)   #17
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to all winners and runners up!

I had a FANTASTIC day's marshalling (My first event of the year), The racing was entertaining to say the least!!

It was good to see the new machines out there were quick on there first showing too!! Although it was sad to see Kevin Proctors Puma 'Let Go' on the first qualifying session. Hope he gets if fixed soon as it seemed to be quick in practice.

The weather was brilliant all day too and a very good turn out for spectators (I think I heard on the commentary that it was the largest crowd for some time for a rallycross meeting @ Lydden).

Roll on Anglesey!! (I'm working for the Pembrey round)

Oh BTW, Grid Girls =
I hope they'll be there for every round!!!!!!!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1588033)   #18
Rookie

England
Near France
206180 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
Mike Howlin was justified in ramming of the TT.
How can it be justified. Making a gap a bit bigger, although can be annoying when its you gently moved aside, is part of rallycross, but blatantly punting somebody off is just stupid and could of been dangerous.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1588410)   #19
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we had a fantatsic day.

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who came and offered help when we were trying to fix the diff casing! Dave Martin, Simon Horton, Dave Baines and the rest...they know who they are!!

So, went out in practice with the totally re-built car and it felt like a very different beast from last season. Was happy with how it went and I was trying to learn as much as possible with different lines etc.

In the first heat the car shot off the line, partly from the new engine, partly down to somebody teaching me how to start properly. Was running 3rd I think when I spun avoiding the big kerb on the inside of the chicane.

The second heat went well, but afterwards we noticed a lot of oil coming from the gearbox, I had cracked the diff housing, so thanks to Asa and Damon Fatchett it was patched up and for the rest of the day we were putting gallons and gallons of any oil we could find in and hoped it stayed together, which it did.

The third heat went even better and afterwards I found out I had somehow set 14th fastest times.

4th on the grid in the B final, and was running third when Pete Grifiths hit the wall after chessens and bounced back out into the pack, almost collected him but got away with it and was running 3rd on the last lap only to spin. Bugger, was trying my best to catch the ack of the pack when the race was red flagged. I though it would be called a result, but we were sent back to the grid, and much to my delight put back to my original grid position.

Then ran 3rd for the entire race. Very happy with result, personal best and getting more confident by the moment. Just need to change the gearbox and other little bits before Pembrey!

Hope Pete Griffiths is okay, huge crash and he still kept going. It was only afterwards he realised his seat was ripped off it mounts. Top bloke!!

As for the grid girls on the finals...no wonder my start was the worst of the day!!

As always thanks to Dave for helping out so much with the weekend!!

Good to meet Queen and Spectator, sorry I didnt chat much, hope you can appriciate the problems we had!

Roll on Pembrey!!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1588502)   #20
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to meet Queen and Spectator, sorry I didnt chat much, hope you can appriciate the problems we had!
You also got to met Twiglet. But we will let you off.

Well what a great day. I would like to thank every one involved. Including the grid girls and Amy for getting them there. Roll on Pembrey.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1588523)   #21
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I spoke to pete griff last night, he's a bit sore but ok. My old car seems a bit worse for wear now, but he says he will be back out at anglesey. He's going on holiday in a few weeks and will miss the Pembury meeting.

We had a good outing in both the BRDA and BTRDA finishing 5th in both A finals. More to come from the new metro, but definatelly quicker than last years. However judging on mondays performance i think Julian and Rodney are going to be very hard to catch this year!

Also good to see some new faces at Lydden and can't wait to get back out at Pembury. Lets hope the weather is better than usual (even slightly less rain would be nice!)

si
Old 19 Apr 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1588750)   #22
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'll tell u what else was a result, THE GRID GIRLS

I dunno if that was a one off for Lydden, but they where very nice.
Anybody get any good pics of them..

si
Old 19 Apr 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1588857)   #23
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some fantastic racing and all you lot can talk about were the grid girls!!!!!

But, they were very nice indeed!!

Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1588886)   #24
Tylerama
Rookie

United Kingdom
Margate, East Kent.
Tylerama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie here..

Just thought i'd say hello.. just found a link to here from another forum.. so chuffed it has a rally-x section too !

How great was monday eh.. not seen Lydden that busy in ages ! Such a shame to watch gibson's 6r4 miss the superfinal like that, what a fantastic noise that car makes ! Andrew Jordan is a lucky lad eh.. (made me feel so old when I realised he was 11 years youger than me) Gollop's old focus.. lucky sod

I managed to snap some okayish video footage (cam phone but hey !) once i've sorted some server space, i'll post up some links

Took a mate with me (think it was his first time watching rally-x) and he loved it, such a great day out. Though who was tool with the sub on in the car park, think it was a blue festa or paxo ? A bucket load of fappin' quick rally-x cars and you go and play with ya sub.. some people !
Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1588949)   #25
GreenSaxo
Racer

England
Ashford, Kent
GreenSaxo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerama
Though who was tool with the sub on in the car park, think it was a blue festa or paxo ? A bucket load of fappin' quick rally-x cars and you go and play with ya sub.. some people !
i know.. that annoyed me too.. i was marshaling by the race control tower. and could hear it there... so not sure what it was like for spectators near the car... probably rather annoying..