Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Nov 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2992360)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sky F1 HD Commentator Dream Team

Ok, so who's it going to be.....
Old 28 Nov 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2992363)   #2
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon........................
Old 28 Nov 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2992365)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marty for the main commentary and grid walks, sorted!

As long as they don't bring in "Mumbles" Räikkönen or John Watson as pundits then I'll be happy.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2992370)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Martin back to expert and Ben Edwards? Or am I just too 1990s?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2992373)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's Croft and Brundle is it not? I would've thought the better question is who are the BBC going to replace Brundle with.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2992403)   #6
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has it been confirmed if Croft is leaving the BBC or just 5 Live?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2992406)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Anthony Davidson seems a better choice than Coulthard, IMO.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2992421)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rupert and James Murdoch would complete the nightmare.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2992440)   #9
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brundle and Croft reported here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...tary-team.html
Old 28 Nov 2011, 14:01 (Ref:2992447)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Brundle and Croft...who couldn't live with that?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2992448)   #11
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please sky, dont get brundle
Old 28 Nov 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2992451)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cooper View Post
please sky, dont get brundle
It's a done deal. What's wrong with Brundle?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2992477)   #13
mikenunn-78
Racer

United Kingdom
mikenunn-78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope that having two lead commentators doesn't have a detrimental effect
Old 28 Nov 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2992491)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
If they want a really good and classy girl aboard, it has to be Natalie Pinkham. She looks stunning even without make-up!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2992493)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Has it been confirmed if Croft is leaving the BBC or just 5 Live?
Crofty is a freelancer, he's not on a BBC contract. That's why he's been doing darts for ESPN, FIA GT the various channels it's shown on, Goodwood with Sky earlier this year.

Brundle is confirmed And here's the link

Given Tony Jardine is a Sky Sports Blogger, I@d pit his name into the Studio pundit role, not sure he'd travel around the world these days.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2992497)   #16
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they want a really good, classy and knowledgeable lady - why not Louise Goodman?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2992508)   #17
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The way she fumbles her way through the BTCC programmes when Steve Rider isn't hosting...no ta
Old 28 Nov 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2992511)   #18
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diana Binks? Always thought she was great on the F3/GT package.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2992525)   #19
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will go for that Georgie Thompson girl who did a bit of A1GP. I bet her hairdressers rubbing his hands with glee.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2992526)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I liked Georgie Thompson, but she is very, er, petite. Fine if you're in the studio, but not if you're having to look up to drivers all the time! Random fact: she and Natalie Pinkham went to school together.

Diana Binks would be fine, liked her and very professional. Present BF3/BGT girl, who was dumped by the Beeb from MotoGp, is useless.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2992532)   #21
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I liked Georgie Thompson, but she is very, er, petite. Fine if you're in the studio, but not if you're having to look up to drivers all the time! Random fact: she and Natalie Pinkham went to school together.

Diana Binks would be fine, liked her and very professional. Present BF3/BGT girl, who was dumped by the Beeb from MotoGp, is useless.

Think Georgie would be in the studio, otherwise the racing might be interrupted by the drivers forming a queue. Although Im sure the fair maiden would fend them off..

You mean theres worse than the present BBC MotoGP girl? She makes Cox look professional. No I dont believe I just said that either.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2992566)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Georgie in the studio would be great. I'm not keen on their present tactic of having a presenter in the studio and two 'experts'. It doesn't work for me, but I'm sure they'll do something different for F1. They have to, otherwise the Beeb will make them look very average. Oh, and no Keith Huewen, please.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2992664)   #23
Capture the action Steve
Rookie

Capture the action Steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Sky have got Brundell and Croft in the box for the race , was it when BBC ditched Jon legend out and the rumours that croftie may move over from Radio 5 .

That Brundle made it clear that he was not happy if this was the case and got a puppet of coulthard ( Nothing against david what so ever) in as his sidekick to pull the strings when he wanted .

Maybe the Murdock ££££££ has eased the way and i will miss crofty and Ant from the online as it was good fun and asked some fun questions as well .

Like a boys night out and i am sure BBC will give great coverage and not overly keen on studio based coverage that Sky tend to do on Speedway etc like on the run behind the pits action of BBC have mastered .
Old 28 Nov 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2992695)   #24
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capture the action Steve View Post
If Sky have got Brundell and Croft in the box for the race , was it when BBC ditched Jon legend out and the rumours that croftie may move over from Radio 5 .

That Brundle made it clear that he was not happy if this was the case and got a puppet of coulthard ( Nothing against david what so ever) in as his sidekick to pull the strings when he wanted .

Maybe the Murdock ££££££ has eased the way and i will miss crofty and Ant from the online as it was good fun and asked some fun questions as well .

Like a boys night out and i am sure BBC will give great coverage and not overly keen on studio based coverage that Sky tend to do on Speedway etc like on the run behind the pits action of BBC have mastered .
Again, in English...
Old 28 Nov 2011, 23:57 (Ref:2992716)   #25
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this just makes me realize again there's no perfect fit for F1 in the UK and hasn't been in a long while. Since Hunt, probably. Ben Edwards would be fine but there's no clear no.1 like Toby/Jules in MotoGP. Best English language coverage at the moment is found at Speed if you ask me.