Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Feb 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3505578)   #576
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE=climb;3505489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post

Ferrari's tunnel was not faulty, Toyota's backup WT was, as well as Ferrari's aerodynamicists' brains
The backup wind tunnels lack of accuracy; given that it would have been checked against the primary wind tunnel; probably neatly explains Toyota's stellar success despite spending billions in F1!
Old 17 Feb 2015, 01:41 (Ref:3505655)   #577
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE=climb;3505489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post

Ferrari's tunnel was not faulty, Toyota's backup WT was, as well as Ferrari's aerodynamicists' brains
Just as a point, confused maybe, I thought that Ferrari only hired the Toyota tunnel because the Ferrari tunnel was not correctly calibrated??
Old 17 Feb 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3505706)   #578
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=wnut;3505655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb View Post

Just as a point, confused maybe, I thought that Ferrari only hired the Toyota tunnel because the Ferrari tunnel was not correctly calibrated??
That was the line put out out there, yes, but it must have been far worse.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3505743)   #579
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=wnut;3505655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb View Post

Yes, the Ferrari wind tunnel had to be reconfigured/rebuilt because the calibration was incorrect.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 03:47 (Ref:3507914)   #580
goingjag
Rookie

goingjag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well one thing for sure Haas should be able to turn around machined parts quickly. Maybe he can even build some error into the machines he sells to other teams parts suppliers so they'll be less reliable.

It's probably the only way they'll be anything but last place next year. Can't understand why he didn't buy one of the two dieing teams.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3507993)   #581
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Because of the defunked Teams huge debts.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3508028)   #582
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingjag View Post
Well one thing for sure Haas should be able to turn around machined parts quickly. Maybe he can even build some error into the machines he sells to other teams parts suppliers so they'll be less reliable.

It's probably the only way they'll be anything but last place next year. Can't understand why he didn't buy one of the two dieing teams.
Perhaps because he knows more than you about the problems of both? I am sure I have read where he expects nothing out of next year besides being on the grid. Why the vitriol about his team being last?
Old 23 Feb 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3508154)   #583
goingjag
Rookie

goingjag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Perhaps because he knows more than you about the problems of both? I am sure I have read where he expects nothing out of next year besides being on the grid. Why the vitriol about his team being last?
Very likely he knows a lot more than me about their problems, however looking at the failures of Windsor's attempt at an US team (you have to admit he knows a lot about F1), I still feel that given his money and the cost of buying one of those teams he could have done that and used this year as his throw away year to learn things and help develop the 2016 car.

Nothing beats being there, no matter how many questions he asks his engine supplier.

I have no issue with Haas being a backmarker, I just feel they could have learned a lot for what would be comparatively little cost.

A look back at what Stewart Racing went through shows that nothing beats having a car in the pits to learn what it takes.

Plus it would have added a couple more cars to the field for us to watch.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 11:18 (Ref:3508352)   #584
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingjag View Post
Very likely he knows a lot more than me about their problems, however looking at the failures of Windsor's attempt at an US team (you have to admit he knows a lot about F1), I still feel that given his money and the cost of buying one of those teams he could have done that and used this year as his throw away year to learn things and help develop the 2016 car.

Nothing beats being there, no matter how many questions he asks his engine supplier.

I have no issue with Haas being a backmarker, I just feel they could have learned a lot for what would be comparatively little cost.

A look back at what Stewart Racing went through shows that nothing beats having a car in the pits to learn what it takes.

Plus it would have added a couple more cars to the field for us to watch.
The way things are going it would not be surprising if he pulled the plug on it all and by not buying anything at this stage he has nothing to liquidate if he backs out.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3508423)   #585
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The way things are going it would not be surprising if he pulled the plug on it all and by not buying anything at this stage he has nothing to liquidate if he backs out.
I thought he had bought some of Marussia's stock/equipment at the auction?
Old 24 Feb 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3508448)   #586
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought he had bought some of Marussia's stock/equipment at the auction?
I think that Haas, or his minions, were considering making bids for some of the items that were due to be auctioned in January (the stuff that went before was, in the main, just marketing junk), but as the auction was pulled, he presumably lost that option.

Unless, of course, he is actually the secret investor behind the present bid to bring Manor F1 to a track in short order.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3513752)   #587
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More staff appointed by Haas according to Autosport, Ben Agathangelou, Aerodynamicist and Dave O'Neill. (we saw that about Dave O'Neill back in mid January, why put it out as news now?)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117987
Old 26 Apr 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3531012)   #588
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IndyCar commentator Townsend Bell speculating that Haas F1 Team would be interested in Josef Newgarden.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3531014)   #589
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
IndyCar commentator Townsend Bell speculating that Haas F1 Team would be interested in Josef Newgarden.
I heard that as well. I wonder who else is being considered?
Old 27 Apr 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3531317)   #590
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Would like to see that!

Selby
Old 28 Apr 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3531447)   #591
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I heard that as well. I wonder who else is being considered?
Rossi is bound still to be, especially if he mounts a GP2 title tilt this year, along with any of Ferrari's juniors!
Old 29 Apr 2015, 01:56 (Ref:3531669)   #592
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I have to say, I haven't been overly impressed by Rossi from what i've seen. Always felt a little overhype there.

Selby
Old 29 Apr 2015, 12:40 (Ref:3531787)   #593
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
here's a good two and two to put together about mr rossi and some of his midfield chums from commercially well-placed countries:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/20...young-drivers/

the writer may be terribly biased and have his head wedged up some elderly bottoms, but he comes out with some interesting stuff sometimes.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 19:17 (Ref:3531915)   #594
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
here's a good two and two to put together about mr rossi and some of his midfield chums from commercially well-placed countries:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/20...young-drivers/

the writer may be terribly biased and have his head wedged up some elderly bottoms, but he comes out with some interesting stuff sometimes.
The one thing I don't get about this Bernie/CVC spending money for the long term good of F1 or motor sport in general. I read the article the other night and I kept on thinking why would Bernie spend money on young drivers given some of the ways he tries to get money out of promoters, teams and fans.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3531961)   #595
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Get the kids noticed from the countries he wants races in and hey presto they cough up for more races.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3531974)   #596
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Townsend Bell himself wouldn't be a lunatic-hiring for Haas. Kind of a McNish type of appointment.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3531991)   #597
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Townsend Bell himself wouldn't be a lunatic-hiring for Haas. Kind of a McNish type of appointment.
He is 40.

Does Haas want an all American team, or is he required to include a non American driver?
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3532003)   #598
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I cant talk about age, But Townsend is a tad on the old side don't you think
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3532004)   #599
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He is 40.

Does Haas want an all American team, or is he required to include a non American driver?
Why?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 00:15 (Ref:3532009)   #600
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Why?
I asked as I remember reading somewhere, that might be the case? I could be totally wrong.