Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jan 2001, 01:30 (Ref:56467)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
In 99' I went to my first ever race at brands. Me and my dad went from Birmingham over to Kent on the Friday, (camped over night and stayed for qualifing and the race)

After qualifing had finished and everyone had gone home, I could still hear car noises from the track, so i went down there and asked one of the marshalls if i could cycle round the track, he said sure.

But i could see people in the pitlane with the cars on jacks, so i went in there. I was right next to the cars, and several mechanics gave me some funny looks, but i watched the ford guys change the tyres on the Mondeo for a bit, then i went into the paddock - this is when i got found out. I was asked to leave by one of the security guards and he walked me to the front gate, oh well.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 09:40 (Ref:56530)   #2
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I remember somebody who went to formula 1 testing (how dull)managed to get into the pit garages. What he did is actually look like he has a pass (you know those things that the personnel of the team wear around their neck)and managed to get into there for free, he proved by showing his video tape of Damon Hill getting into the Arrows and starting the engine etc........
This shows the poor security at Silverstone!