Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Nov 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1761498)   #26
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
:-)

PS What has this got to do with 'The Race'.
This seems to be the first event where this problem has arisen? It is not a public race meeting listed on any calendar,so maybe different insurance rules apply? Maybe the same reason you can't buy a ticket on the day. Its officially a private party?
To discuss the crap that took place over the past 3 days there is a separate thread in the 'Armchair Enthusiast' forum.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1761510)   #27
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, your right its 8 spindleys going round for 30 mins and they have to have two pitstops!

with two "f1 drivers" as the team captains.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1761519)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*Yawn*
Old 9 Nov 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1761627)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
actually there's a f1 demonstration thingy too isn't there?
Old 9 Nov 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1761630)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah even bigger *Yawn*

A demo on the streets (a la London three years ago) is good. A demo on a track is just plain tedious. Probably like watching a Euroboss race.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1761637)   #31
Chris Roden
Racer

Chris Roden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's a "Spindly"?
Old 9 Nov 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1761661)   #32
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Single Seater.

From the photo I took, they're going to be driving one of the BRDC school cars, which I think is (or was...) a 1997 Van Diemen Formula Ford.

I had some ear plugs once. I ate them, didn't make a difference...
Old 9 Nov 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1761700)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Ah even bigger *Yawn*

A demo on the streets (a la London three years ago) is good. A demo on a track is just plain tedious. Probably like watching a Euroboss race.
So what time will you be going??
Old 9 Nov 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1761712)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Be there at around 10am.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1761771)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[ quote=Peter Mallett]Be there at around 10am. [/quote] Shame,Im busy so wont be able to make it.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1761774)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Roden
What's a "Spindly"?
Not seen Peter then!!!!
Old 9 Nov 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1761850)   #37
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
[4 Yorkshiremen]SIX DAYS? Six bloody days? I were born in back o' t' pit garage just when me dad were startin' the BRM V16! Don't tell me about noise, and I didn't wear any o' them ear protector things!

Nice Chateau de Chassile Josia. [/4 Yorkshiremen]

I was actually concieved at the '82 formula ford festival, trackside, so I dont think many people could beat that.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1761876)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
I was actually concieved at the '82 formula ford festival, trackside, so I dont think many people could beat that.
Not that your parents got bored with the racing.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1762002)   #39
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter there is also a vintage car rally/exihibition. Although no details of whats going to be there.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1762013)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Actually that reminds me, way back in the 60's me and a mate drove down to Brands in his 100e van with our girlfriends in tow and being potless drove all round the perimeter of the circuit trying to find a sneaky way in, no luck so we parked up and shared the van for a little time with our respective ladies, as far as I know there was no concieving but there may have been :-)
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1762014)   #41
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
Who came first?
Old 10 Nov 2006, 05:26 (Ref:1762367)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Peter there is also a vintage car rally/exihibition. Although no details of whats going to be there.
Well, Chezza you really are selling me on this. Not.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1762467)   #43
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I've moved discussion of the programme itself and how people are doing into the appropriate thread in Armchair
Old 10 Nov 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1762701)   #44
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I didn't think I would be peter!

However I am going to be on the bank on sunday. Couldn't do tomorrow as I have a trip to the good food show planned!
Old 10 Nov 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1762895)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
I didn't think I would be peter!

However I am going to be on the bank on sunday. Couldn't do tomorrow as I have a trip to the good food show planned!
Any spare ticket,s?
Old 10 Nov 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1762996)   #46
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
nope, I have a season pass for silverstone and so don't get issued with tickets.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1763280)   #47
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
nope, I have a season pass for silverstone and so don't get issued with tickets.
Have you checked whether its valid for this private party? They are still selling tickets.According to the website you can collect them at the gate,but have to have ordered them by phone or e-mail.
Personally I shall not bother.Plently of real racing on TV with A1GP from Beijing and Champcar from Mexico. If CC runs late I will have to miss the FF carnage.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1763612)   #48
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I have a marshals season pass...I am marshalling, it will work.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1764991)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And????
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1765144)   #50
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Erm...it was terrible.

I suppose the race itself could have been a lot worse there was some overtaking manovers, but also there was a serious incident that caused a red flag and one of the celebs to stay in hospital overnight.

The organisation was terrible, with plans changing all the time and those in race control not being notified. Good job things weren't going out live.