Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 9 Sep 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1402758)   #1
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe Racing Club Ltd to replace BRSCC SW as race organisers?

Just picked this nugget up from ff1600.co.uk

My thoughts

I can foresee this - potentially - becoming a bit nasty. As far as I am aware, BRSCC hold the permit, permission, rights [call it what you will] etc.,to run FF1600 championships.
I am sure that if I wanted to run an FF1600 Championship under the auspices of the Anglesey Circuit Club, the MSA wouldn't grant me a permit, as it is the BRSCC's baby.
Mind you, the whole organising thing is about to change IMHO. Why else has JP set up his own club

Are the days of the BRSCC numbered?

What are your thoughts?
Old 9 Sep 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1402840)   #2
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz

My thoughts

I can foresee this - potentially - becoming a bit nasty. As far as I am aware, BRSCC hold the permit, permission, rights [call it what you will] etc.,to run FF1600 championships.
I am sure that if I wanted to run an FF1600 Championship under the auspices of the Anglesey Circuit Club, the MSA wouldn't grant me a permit, as it is the BRSCC's baby.
Mind you, the whole organising thing is about to change IMHO. Why else has JP set up his own club

What are your thoughts?
To be honest diz from a spectators point of view it could well be good news,Howard Strawford is right in what he say's about the quality of race meetings seems to have dropped for the circuit considering they have by far the best attendance when it comes to the punter through the gate but not really rewarded for their efforts i've noticed that its been the same allocation for the last few years some of the best racing not even appearing at the circuit...the caterham'e being one example.
Its time for change why should the BRSCC run circuit based championships and if its true that costs would be brought down??? then that can only spell good news for the drivers.

Combe has excelled at most things they have done this has got the most extreme but good luck to them!

After those extremely poor ferrari races at the last meeting i don't blame them for wanting control!
Old 9 Sep 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1402850)   #3
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they call it F1600 and set up there own rules that just happen to be FF1600 rules nothing BRSCC can do I guess not sure it's a good thing for FF1600 as a whole though. I thought this is what JP was going to do to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz

My thoughts

What are your thoughts?

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 9 Sep 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1402919)   #4
jimbomit
Racer

England
Cheshire
jimbomit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz

My thoughts

What are your thoughts?
The classic boys broke away from the BRSCC to BARC when they got disillusioned.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1402931)   #5
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
If they call it F1600 and set up there own rules that just happen to be FF1600 rules nothing BRSCC can do I guess not sure it's a good thing for FF1600 as a whole though. I thought this is what JP was going to do to be honest.
He probably still will.
So there will be the JP version, the Combe Version etc.
So that is FF1600 totally fragmented
I can just see it now. Steel cranks allowed in one, but not lightened fly wheels, vice versa in the other and something totally different in what we've got now.
Do you think the various parties will talk to each other? No, neither do I.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1403066)   #6
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will you be starting a NW RACING CLUB LTD then Diz and can we use Formula E prices for enteries and testing.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1403227)   #7
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nose
So will you be starting a NW RACING CLUB LTD then Diz and can we use Formula E prices for enteries and testing.
No it will be the

"The Cakes or Us Dizis NW1600 Championship"
Old 10 Sep 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1403603)   #8
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everybody wants their piece of the FF1600 money pie.

Sure fire way to kill it off!!!!!!!!

It will be like a privatization. Each Club will be competing to get cars into their meetings to the point where they start undercutting each other and eventually, running at a loss to attract cars. All of a sudden, they are broke and out of business and the one left standing suddenly starts shafting all the drivers with mad entry fees.

I suppose the question is not if, but when.

3 years maybe???????

I hope not, but isn't that usually the way the greedy manage to destroy something that was ticking along nicely.

I suppose that's the problem with having a successful Formula. And why is it successful? Because the drivers made it that way. Not the circuits. Not the Clubs. The drivers. If we didn't turn up to race, there wouldn't be a Formula. You may not want to leave the BRSCC, but if you want to race at Combe.......
Old 10 Sep 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1403613)   #9
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Chris [and others]
I know I started this thread and it is in the FF forum and is likely to read and responded to by mainly FF types, but be aware that the problem - if it is indeed a problem - is not FF specific.

The CCRC is not an FF1600 organising club, it is a race meeting organising club. It will try to attract every category it can.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1403903)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got an email about this a couple of days ago from the Chairman of the new club.
I can understand the concerns and reservations that Diz and others have regarding FF's, but I think that the people behind this venture (BRSCC SW basically) have the know-how to make a success out of it!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1403945)   #11
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
....... but I think that the people behind this venture (BRSCC SW basically) have the know-how to make a success out of it!
I totally agree Mark, but my concern would be what happens when the other main players stop talking to / dealing with them?
Old 11 Sep 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1404270)   #12
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that circuits like combe who have an excellent spectator attendance should have their own club,as if the circuit is responsable not too be too greedy and pass on to some extent the profits back to the drivers by reducing entry fees will only attract more to want to drive at the circuit.

But i suppose that in a perfect world but it remains to be seen if this is what combe plans's to do!
Old 12 Sep 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1405592)   #13
Tim Draffan
Racer

Tim Draffan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know for a fact who governs the FF1600 technical regualtions, I always believed that it was still Ford as that is were the regulations are obtained from.
But during discussions over steel cranks it appears that the BRSCC have control?
Old 13 Sep 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1406323)   #14
greenboy
Rookie

greenboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blue Nose,you would have to call the club MULTI-TRACK RACE CLUB LTD not NW RACING CLUB LTD if Diz has his way!Check new thread Club Level Single Seaters to find out WHY!
Old 23 Sep 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1414629)   #15
GlenF
Racer

United Kingdom
GlenF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a Coombe racer for 4 years,(And only Coombe). I am undecided if this is a good or bad idea. Concern so far is that if I have to join CC club for FF and then decided to do festivals etc I will be paying twice as I will still have to join BRSCC.
I am in favour of reduced entry costs although I suppose if Coombe wanted to they could of returned some cash back to the competitor prior to this change .
I would suspect that the cars will remain identical to all other 1600s as it would save alot of hassle and any issues that may crop up would not be the responsibility of Coombe.
I intend racing at Coombe next year what ever the changes as it is the nearest circuit to me.(I also have never had any problems with the organisation of any races)