Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1312674)   #1
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
'Senna' - The Movie???

There was going to be a movie on the life of Gilles Villeneuve. Is this still going to happen?

Also why dosn't someone make a movie on the life of Ayrton Senna.
Old 28 May 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1312684)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a movie of Ayrton Senna planned years ago, but never really heard anything from it since then...
Antonio Banderas was rumoured to play Senna IIRC...
Old 28 May 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1312715)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has sunk without trace. I first remember reading about it in 1998 and since then there has been nothing. So thankfully the memory of Ayrton won't be destroyed by some crass and ill advised cheese mongering film.
Old 28 May 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1312720)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read about this in another forum that originaly Silverster S, wanted to make an F1 film about Senna but in the end they made a Champ Car movie called Driven.
Old 28 May 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1312727)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that was a true epic!
Old 28 May 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1312756)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It has sunk without trace. I first remember reading about it in 1998 and since then there has been nothing. So thankfully the memory of Ayrton won't be destroyed by some crass and ill advised cheese mongering film.
With you there, knowlesy.

I hope against hope that this will never, ever happen.
Old 28 May 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1312771)   #7
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Renny Harlin tried to market the idea of Senna movie for years, but it was difficult to convince Hollywood people that it would sell. When he heard Stallone was also planning a movie with similar theme they decided to join forces and made Driven.
Old 28 May 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1312825)   #8
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driven in my opinion was awful...there were so many simple errors in it technically but also the storyline was ****. If a film like that was made about Villeneuve, Senna or whoever it would be an insult to them and an embarrasment to them if the sport they loved and took their lives was portrayed wrongly. The only acceptable idea would be a documentary but that would never have enough hits i imagine.
Old 28 May 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1312862)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motor-racing is better in reality than in movies.

You couldn't have scripted Spa 98 for example
Old 28 May 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1312916)   #10
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a dvd pack about senna, its not a senna movie as such though. I cant think of any really great motor racing movies, the are planty of documentrys worth watching but most of the movies are laughable.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 28 May 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1312927)   #11
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
There was going to be a movie on the life of Gilles Villeneuve. Is this still going to happen?

Also why dosn't someone make a movie on the life of Ayrton Senna.
Info on upcoming Villeneuve film HERE

Ted
Old 29 May 2005, 01:14 (Ref:1312945)   #12
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
I have a dvd pack about senna, its not a senna movie as such though. I cant think of any really great motor racing movies, the are planty of documentrys worth watching but most of the movies are laughable.
Then you should see if you can hunt down the 1960s-era movie called "Grand Prix" starring James Garner. It's only available on VHS, as far as I know, and it's two videos, so it's a long movie. But it is a very good movie, probably the best motor racing movie I've seen. It also features several Grand Prix drivers such as Graham Hill and Sir Jack Brabham.
Old 29 May 2005, 02:07 (Ref:1312971)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would think that the Senna Foundation would make sure that no feature type films are made about him which is right IMHO.
Old 29 May 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1313118)   #14
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Then you should see if you can hunt down the 1960s-era movie called "Grand Prix" starring James Garner. It's only available on VHS, as far as I know, and it's two videos, so it's a long movie. But it is a very good movie, probably the best motor racing movie I've seen. It also features several Grand Prix drivers such as Graham Hill and Sir Jack Brabham.
Not F1 related but Le Mans is another great motor racing movie. The way it captures the drama of the race and leaves the soundtrack to the engines is excellent.