Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 2 Apr 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1568576)   #1
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2006/7 season cars, any upgrades?

Does anyone know if there are any plans to upgrade the cars.. or are they going to keep them pretty similar...

personally I hope they go to 20000rpm 950bhp V10's and all have "SUCK THIS MOSELY" on their rear wings.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 02:36 (Ref:1568658)   #2
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keep it the way it is. Everything is brilliant! The rolling then standing start deal is agreat idea. It would be nice if some more teams signed up like; Spain, Scotland, Denmark, Ecuador, Guatemala, Argentina, and South Korea. It would be nice if Japan, India and Russia came back full blown as well. The only thing I would change is limit the teams (not countries) so that every team ran two cars (countries). Because I feel it is a big advantage to share data with two drivers rather then just one.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1569286)   #3
go-jordan
Rookie

Ireland
Contaé na Mí, Ireland
go-jordan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well according to the a1team ireland website there are some announcements to be made over the next few weeks so maybe there are to be changes.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1569290)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well as long as they look much better looking I'll be happy.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1569312)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure there'll be some changes - tweakings here and there to make them more reliable and safer if nothing else.
I would hope there's no major changes though, it ain't broke, it's produced outstanding action - so why fix it?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1569380)   #6
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
I'm sure there'll be some changes - tweakings here and there to make them more reliable and safer if nothing else.
I would hope there's no major changes though, it ain't broke, it's produced outstanding action - so why fix it?
Couldn't agree more leave them as they are, ie more power than grip!!!!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1569428)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally id like to see the cars looking more like a conventional formula car, something like you would see in Formula GP2 or Formula Nippon. The cars at the moment look a little silly. IMO. Of course, keep the driver aids down and restrict the areodynamics, but a bit more power would be good too.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1569533)   #8
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think they should restrict the amount of things you can change even more so people like DAMS con't dominate an entire season!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 03:49 (Ref:1569711)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 different race winners in a single season is something F1, Champcar, IRL or GP2 can't claim. So whatever these guys are doing, they are doing it right! The races I saw, I absolutely loved! Too bad the races were on OLN in States with no fan fair (missed most of the races).
Old 4 Apr 2006, 06:46 (Ref:1569772)   #10
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It works, so no need to change it.

The only thing that needs attention is the wheel nuts.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1569987)   #11
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tweaking a bit more horsepower out wouldn't hurt though would it?
Old 4 Apr 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1570061)   #12
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Tweaking a bit more horsepower out wouldn't hurt though would it?
I seem to recall someone saying that the plan was always to add the horsepower so I'm hoping they don't increase grip too much and it says as good as it was this year.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1570177)   #13
C.U.Motorsport
Rookie

United Kingdom
Coventry UK
C.U.Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they should tie on the wheels more cos during irelands accident, that rear tyre could have caused serious injury to Michael (memories of Senna)
Old 9 Apr 2006, 02:58 (Ref:1574254)   #14
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
for me it should be banned to have teams share data I feel it hurt this years seires teams should not be able to run multiple teams (countires) its a unfair advantage
Old 9 Apr 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1574376)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
It works, so no need to change it.

The only thing that needs attention is the wheel nuts.

Agree with you there, the whole package seems to work good, but they do have a slight problem in the wheel nut area.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Apr 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1578752)   #16
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car was originally designed for races without having to do pistops, that's the reason why they have those wheelnut problems and teams aren't allowed to make their own changes and had to live with it the whole season. Next season A1 will overcome those problems as that is in their priority list to rectify
Old 11 Apr 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1578846)   #17
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006/7 season cars, any upgrades? (Merged)

Hi having enjoyed the first A1 gp at Brands I have to say the cars could do with a further 75-100 BHP? This would create a even better spectacle with the cars sliding around more and perhaps being "driven on the throttle more?"
Just one other thing, is it me or do the cars remind you of Palmer Audi cars on steroids!
Old 11 Apr 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1578860)   #18
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is talk of more power and other possible differences for the next A1GP season in the A1GP Upgrades thread
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1578897)   #19
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to see... umm, it.

Yup lets see it get decent TV coverage - Sky is a waste of time
Old 12 Apr 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1579407)   #20
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I'd like to see... umm, it.

Yup lets see it get decent TV coverage - Sky is a waste of time
A great idea, but I can't imagine which TV company might take it up yet also keep up the high quantity of coverage we're getting now. Channel 4 might be able to do something with it I guess, but as for the others BBC might do it as long as it can fit around football and I just cant see ITV showing the full package like qualifying and both races live. Anyone know any C4 execs??
Old 12 Apr 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1579838)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Keep it on Sky, it has a dedicated programme which is always nice to have.

Show highlights on terrestrial at the very least, though.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1579846)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The likes of Hayanari Shimoda with an extra 100hp under his right boot.

I'm very scared!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1579926)   #23
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.U.Motorsport
Maybe they should tie on the wheels more cos during irelands accident, that rear tyre could have caused serious injury to Michael (memories of Senna)
Hasn't worked in F1 though has it? At the last GP several cars lost wheels that were not retained by the tethers, so it's not just an A1GP problem.... Anyway, I thought it was a suspension component that was mostly responsible for Ayrton Senna's injuries, not the tyre.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 23:51 (Ref:1579931)   #24
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1gp more power? why not, after all it is a who's who' of drivers who aren't in F1 or are moving up to be f1 hopefuls...hmmm where do I know this formula from
Old 13 Apr 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1580499)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, it was a sharp piece of suspension that pierced his helmet....complete freak occurrence.