Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1894979)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NASCAR coming to next gen consoles at last

I see NASCAR 08 is coming to 360 and PS3 this summer complete with Car of Tomorrow and all that.

Not that exciting in itself, but I do look forward to the 16 way online multiplayer and the carnage that would result! I have often wondered how an oval racer would go online....well, now I shall find out!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1894995)   #2
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff! but which consol should i get to play it on?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1894999)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
360, you could race me.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1895017)   #4
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
360 it is then! Prepare yourself for a proper spanking young man!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1895019)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Argh! Ooh err!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1895029)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knowls is enjoying himself......
Old 18 Apr 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1895038)   #7
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
see how even something as inocent as computer games can be turned by this forum...

Moving on... Do you know when it will be released Knowlesy? the game that is...
Old 18 Apr 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1895041)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

lol...

Summer, Q3 2007. So July, August I guess.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/drivi...?q=nascar%2008
Old 19 Apr 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1895862)   #9
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I have often wondered how an oval racer would go online....well, now I shall find out!
Looking forward to this one, I never thought I'd say it but some of the best online races I've had have been with NASCAR racing on ToCA Race driver 3, I Know Knowelsey, I know, but some of the races UKOG have had have been awesome and TRD3 on PS 2 only allows for 8 online so 16's gonna be brilliant.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1896099)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting. I'd need to see some vids of the physics model in action (especially during, uhm, the crashes) before even thinking about getting it though.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 14:47 (Ref:1896374)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The physics will be rubbish.

Forget physics, it'll still be fun! It's not something to think about on multiplayer.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 07:56 (Ref:1898277)   #12
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh goody, more EA dross.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1972402)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Downloaded the demo for this and had a brief go.

Gives you an eight lap race round Daytona, with an eleven car field.

First impressions are very good indeed. Graphics are excellent, especially when you consider there will be 43 cars on screen. In car view is much improved, fully 3D now and rotational. Racing is good. There was evening to night transition in there too which was great! All runs smoothly and quickly.

And it had that wildy over the top and dramatic music from ESPN on the pre-race bits!

Overall, very enjoyable.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1972424)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR racing 2003 or the r factor stock car are supreme with handling.

EA with the official games now not on the pc are more arcadey, but very appealing and has a very long life span because they are just soooooo fun.

I've done around 7 full length Busch series race so far with my steering wheel and pedals..

I can't wait for '08, have to get a 360!!
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1972462)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, they aren't simmy by any means. But I can't wait to hit XBox Live with this.

Never done a proper online oval race before. Once all the idiots are sifted out and we get a crew sorted for some races it'll be top dog I'm sure.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1972466)   #16
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully this will come out on PS2? I wont be getting any Next Gens for a while Been playing NASCAR 06 and had a very nice Whelen Modified race with my wheel (overtook for the win on last corner.... xD)
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1972483)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nicky it comes out on ps2 ps3 and 360.. don't worry, we don't have to put away our ps2s just yet.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1972498)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, but the PS2 version will be the same as previous.

Step up to the next gen lads....pester your parents, it is Christmas soon.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1972499)   #19
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Slightly off topic but i found a great little game in a bargain bin for the ps2 called "Stockcar Speedway" Its a sim of Dirt track stockcar (World Of Outlaw, that kinda stuff) Its so addictive i cant put it down and all for a fiver!

Back on topic, we all need to get XBox 360s so we can smoke Knowlesy!
Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1972505)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That would not be hard!
Old 24 Jul 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1972527)   #21
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Do you have a ps3 knowles? I may get 1 if the official f1 games are as good as they look...
Old 25 Jul 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1972867)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
mmm yes, we all need 360's.... you dont want to be racing with me tho..... and im sure Luke knows what im talking about..... mmmwwwhaaaahaaahaaahaaaahaaaahaaaahaaaahaaa
Old 25 Jul 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1973357)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Do you have a ps3 knowles? I may get 1 if the official f1 games are as good as they look...
Nah, I got a games machine instead.

The F1 games are still the same, don't worry about them.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1973384)   #24
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Nah, I got a games machine instead.

The F1 games are still the same, don't worry about them.
F1 Championship Edition on the PS3 isn't bad, certainly the best F1 game on a console since Monaco Grand Prix on the Dreamcast. It's a real shame they didn't spend more time on the AI though.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1973421)   #25
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I downloaded the Nascar demo...

Er, Dunno... Steerings a bit odd. I always crash though.