Old 14 Nov 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2986273)   #351
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefilbertfox View Post
For anyone interested, the Gadget Show tonight (8pm, channel 5) has a feature on the stuff they did in the garage at the 24 hour race:

"Jason Bradbury, Jon Bentley and Pollyanna Woodward take part in Britcar 24 - but while the other cars are racing round Silverstone, the trio will be driving a race simulator re-creating the track, cars and pits of the real thing, and using a variety of gadgets to keep them awake during the round-the-clock challenge."
it will be interesting to see how many time they show "4 wheels off". from what i saw in the real world they would have been regularly into the pits for a drive through.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2986379)   #352
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conveniently neglected to mention there were some fairly lengthy SC periods in the real race, didn't they?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2986409)   #353
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I marshalled at the 12hr MX5 race at Snetterton on saturday & was very impressed with the lights used there. Quite a few posts had permanent F1 style light boxes, which were very visible. All other posts were given light boxes with 2 banks of yellow leds on, which flashed. Again, these were very visible, much more so than the ones used at Britcar, Silverstone. Surely something like these should be used for next years 24?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2986411)   #354
stephen0183
Rookie

England
Nottinghamshire
stephen0183 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and running out of fuel at what looked like Vale cost them 3 laps I think they said?!

Quite a bit contrived and I'm not sure how they would have been able to re-create safety car conditions in the first place and whenever I saw them, all the 'opposition' were in the pits!!
Old 15 Nov 2011, 06:42 (Ref:2986555)   #355
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
I marshalled at the 12hr MX5 race at Snetterton on saturday & was very impressed with the lights used there. Quite a few posts had permanent F1 style light boxes, which were very visible. All other posts were given light boxes with 2 banks of yellow leds on, which flashed. Again, these were very visible, much more so than the ones used at Britcar, Silverstone. Surely something like these should be used for next years 24?
I really like the new lights and the way they are used at Snetterton, they make a huge difference even for daytime racing. They seem to provide much better cover for marshals who are trackside under local yellows and for drivers who are stranded somewhere a bit vulnerable.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2986674)   #356
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
I really like the new lights and the way they are used at Snetterton, they make a huge difference even for daytime racing. They seem to provide much better cover for marshals who are trackside under local yellows and for drivers who are stranded somewhere a bit vulnerable.
I've been impressed with everything at the 'new' Snetterton really. The new marshal posts are fantastic-plenty of shelter & vision for several bodies plus a portaloo for each one. We were all very well looked after during the 12hrs. Race control insisted everyone took at least 2 breaks and even sent the course car to pick us up from the more remote posts.