Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Apr 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1587847)   #1
markw63
Rookie

United Kingdom
milton keynes
markw63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
saxo race eligibility

Any recomendations for me to use my stock hatch saxo, just been built to lovely spec but wondering whether stock hatch is the best place for it, does any one have any suggestions, thought maybe DTRC?, dont really want to make any big changes straight away but will as the season progresses.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1587856)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have a number of options.

Stock Hatches.
Whoop it up a bit and go Hot Hatches
Or some more, and go Modified Production Saloons
Or any of the above and put it in DTRC.

All of which will welcome you.

Stock & Hot Hatches will probably end up with more panel damage due to too much metal not enough tarmac syndrome. Mod Prods and DTRC allow you to follow your own path of development much more, obviously DTRC allows you more opportunity for further mods and proper racing tyres (slicks).

Regards

Rob.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1587864)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Check out the new class E (economy) in the ModProds, you would slot straight in, get a free set of tyres to get you going and probably be competitive.

Here is a link to the outline regs on the Racing Saloon Car Club's site (Not a racing forum mods and they have a link to ten/tenths) http://www.rscc.co.uk/news.htm
Old 18 Apr 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1587874)   #4
markw63
Rookie

United Kingdom
milton keynes
the regs for both DTRC and class E in toyo look good, i will need to check with the toyo organisor to see if my car is eligible for class E. It seams a shame to get it trashed......or inevitably trashed in stock hatch, after competing in the last few seasons and at the last two races of this year i am getting more and more put off by the amount of cars destroyed at the 750 races this year. I have nothing against stocks but i would like to keep racing my "nice" car for this year at least.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1587879)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Speak to Gerry Cain or Dennis Bassom who is a regular on here. I wrote the original regs but had nothing to do with the economy class. I think you will find the driving is good in both championships where guys have a bit of respect for others machinery as it should be.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1587915)   #6
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
come and join us in rallycross stock hatch.
enter both championships (BRDA and BTRDA) and you'll get practice plus 8 or 9 races in 1 day = loads of fun for £300...
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1587924)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and of course you won't get any damage in a 3 or 4 lap thrash in that will you
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1587940)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I was thinkingthat but thought I would let someone else more knowlegable of the sport make the reply:-)
Old 19 Apr 2006, 04:58 (Ref:1588309)   #9
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would be eligible for the LMA Euro Saloons series as well. Tend to be a "gentlemanly" crowd rather than a bunch of dodgem car drivers. Guess you would fit in the "production" class but even that allows a few engine mods as you go along
Old 19 Apr 2006, 06:17 (Ref:1588333)   #10
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damage! but think of the adrenalin buzz, that you get
Old 21 Apr 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1591300)   #11
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
Damage! but think of the adrenalin buzz, that you get
Please explain how inflicting damage on the thing you have spent so much time and money preparing to race, gives an adrenalin buzz?!?
Old 24 Apr 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1594044)   #12
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
trust me rebuilding in a fast and race ready in between races is as much as a buzz as racing in a short fast paced race.

or 1 x 12 lap dawdle around a circuit by yourself, you can do a track day for that.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1594056)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah but he catagourically stated he did not want to damage it!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1594112)   #14
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no pleasing some people!

If you wish to have a mad thrash and don't mind a bit of bent metal through a touch of "leaning", and also don't mind getting dirty, my I recommend Class 2 NASA Autograss.

Back to the matter at hand - Citroen Saxo - in my humble opinion, as a starting point, you have two options - Mod Prods - where you will race against people with similar machinery to your own. Or LMA where you can race in a class against similar machinery, but be in the same race as Super Tourers, Modified Saloons, and much more fast tackle.

The cheaper entry fees are with the Mod Prods.

OR, bolt on some slicks, and come out with DTRC - far cheaper entry fees, based in the south east.

Decisions decisions.

Rob.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1594139)   #15
Craig NOVA
Rookie

Craig NOVA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out my website - photos 2006 page this is the sort of damage Mark is on about in stock hatch - Snetterton was not a good weekend (particularly for me)

http://www.casemotorsport.co.uk

I can see why you are looking else where Mark - the new car looks mint!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1594792)   #16
markw63
Rookie

United Kingdom
milton keynes
cheers craig, dont get me wrong its not that i dislike stock hatch, i just really dont want a wrecked car hence no rallycross!, i will see out the first half of the year then look at an alternative either mods or DTRC, this will give me half a season to develop then also give me the oppertunity to get valuable info for winter rebuild.
We have a second 2003 saxo which was always ear marked for mod etc for 2007, we even thought about using the 16valve engine and doing britcar ps1 alongside our 306, but in all realism we wouldnt be able to make it competetive enough even for the lowest class without spending a small fortune.

www.racingdevelopments.com
Old 5 May 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1601326)   #17
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For REAL value for money racing and no damage ( so far ) try Classic Sports Car Club TinTops, 30 mins Qualifying, 40 Min 2 driver ( option) races for around £250 . There is already a couple of stock/ hot hatches trying it. Check out www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk or www.tintops.org.uk and have a look at the gallery to give you an idea of the type of cars racing