Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 2010, 07:57 (Ref:2661457)   #1
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Webber needs the ban hamster

Too many incidents. Practically every time someone battles with Webber, Webber ends up punting them, driving them off track, whatever. Twice today he had Hamilton off for no apparent reason. Then there's the repeated Schumi chops.

Sit him down for a race and tell him to grow up.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:03 (Ref:2661465)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed. He's just a crash magnet. Reminds me of the early days of Eddie Irvine, just with less speed.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2661467)   #3
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least he is causing some entertainment
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2661473)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed. Horrible driver. What was he thinking out there today.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2661514)   #5
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with all of the posts. Poor driving all race and he seems to take it out the other drivers. The president of GP drivers Assoc. should really do something about him.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2661535)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think that's a bit strong. He deserves censure for today's performance but I don't generally think he's a dirty driver.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2661554)   #7
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with Super Hans not dirty, but I think its pretty clear he just isn't ever going to be a very good driver.

He's had plenty of chances and seems to miss them all.

Some may say that he's had bad luck but as we can see today with Jens, the top drivers have the ability to make their own.

Sadly a source of major race carnage today!
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2661556)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
A couple of years ago I said that both Button and Webber could be great if given a great car. I was half-right.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2661560)   #9
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think that's a bit strong. He deserves censure for today's performance but I don't generally think he's a dirty driver.
Perhaps a bit strong, but he hit Hamilton trying a move that was never going to work after he barely missed him trying the same ridiculous move. I don't think he means harm, but he's sure causing it... and for no reason.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2661561)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He wasn't trying to overtake him. He just misjudged his braking because the guys in front braked earlier
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2661562)   #11
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
Perhaps a bit strong, but he hit Hamilton trying a move that was never going to work after he barely missed him trying the same ridiculous move. I don't think he means harm, but he's sure causing it... and for no reason.
I should've made it clear that I was responding to Ensign's opening post. He deserves a bit of stick today for sure, I just don't think he's generally dirty.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2661566)   #12
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, i am a fan but today was an ordinary performance Bad performance. HE had a fast car, and simply had no patience and was trying far too hard. I dont think anything he did was malicious, the wheel to wheel with Hamo in the early laps where they both went wide was 100% fair enough in my eyes. But the hit in the final laps just wreaked of impatience and frustration of having the fastest car on the circuit and being nowhere

Vettel rightly was pitted first, but that lap cost him....and the decision for tyres hurt him as much as it did Hamilton.

A poor weekend, needs to control himself a bit better out there and not try too hard.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2661569)   #13
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing incident. Simple as. This isn't "hug a fluffy bunny", this is racing. This is F1. If it was any other driver, I doubt anybody would really care. But because it was Hamilton, the British fans are kicking up a stink.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2661570)   #14
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
i dont see anything wrong with what webber did....jus made a mistake, thats all...yes he hit the back of hamilton, but came out instantly witha reason and an apology for lewis, theres sometimes contact in racing, everyone makes mistakes, thats racing!!!

i dont see anyone blasting alonso for turning in on button...
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2661579)   #15
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I need to go back and watch replays. The ESPN coverage in Asia is terrible compared to the BBC. From what i saw it was Button that turned around Alonso? But only saw it the once... what reason did Webber give for the punt? (Again , no interview on ESPN )
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2661584)   #16
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst watching the replays, if you have the vision, listen to what Webber said after the race about what happened. His words 'I got into dirty air, the front of the car got light and I hit Lewis'

And if you can see this bit - note that the first thing he did when the microphone was stuck in his face was say 'I want to apologise to Lewis' - he wasn't even prompted for that comment....(Corrected - he said this during his own explanation of the race)

Like him or hate the guy - a few others could learn from him and learn to apologise when they make a mistake as well!

His exact words were:

"I want to apologise to Lewis. I lost, totally, all downforce on the front of the car and the and just slid into the back of him."

Last edited by NewsStalker; 28 Mar 2010 at 09:46. Reason: Exact words from interview added...
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2661587)   #17
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Racing incident.
Yes, and calling for him to get massive penalties or a ban or something are way over the top. Nobody seemed too bothered when it was Takuma Sato doing the same thing a few years back.

That said, I agree with the general "what a stupid cock-up" criticism of Webber. He had a terrible drive today, took him two bites of the cherry to actually nerf Lewis off the race track! At the end of the day, there were two cars trying to go side by side into the corner ahead of him and he decided to show caution by braking later than normal! Hopefully he'll get his head together again for Malaysia.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2661597)   #18
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

Wekk Malaysia is usualy a good track for him...so crossing fingers when i am in the stand he will turn on another good show for me
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2661618)   #19
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
He wasn't trying to overtake him. He just misjudged his braking because the guys in front braked earlier
Webber went through the turn both times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I should've made it clear that I was responding to Ensign's opening post. He deserves a bit of stick today for sure, I just don't think he's generally dirty.
I didn't think you were... I was just clarifying that I thought he was wreckless not dirty because my first post said I agreed with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Well, i am a fan but today was an ordinary performance Bad performance. HE had a fast car, and simply had no patience and was trying far too hard. I dont think anything he did was malicious, the wheel to wheel with Hamo in the early laps where they both went wide was 100% fair enough in my eyes. But the hit in the final laps just wreaked of impatience and frustration of having the fastest car on the circuit and being nowhere

A poor weekend, needs to control himself a bit better out there and not try too hard.
Well put... couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
i dont see anything wrong with what webber did....jus made a mistake, thats all...yes he hit the back of hamilton, but came out instantly witha reason and an apology for lewis, theres sometimes contact in racing, everyone makes mistakes, thats racing!!!

i dont see anyone blasting alonso for turning in on button...
It looked like Webber hit Lewis right behind his front right tire to me... and Webber still went flying off the track. He had no chance to make that move.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2661625)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Credit to him for apologising.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2661626)   #21
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Cheers to Webber for owning up to the mistake and apologising. I hope he finishes an incident-free 3rd behind the McLarens next week.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2661635)   #22
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoops - a racist KB - this line should have read:

Quote:
"I want to apologise to Lewis. I lost, totally, all downforce on the front of the car and the car just slid into the back of him."
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2661644)   #23
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Racing incident. Simple as. This isn't "hug a fluffy bunny", this is racing. This is F1. If it was any other driver, I doubt anybody would really care. But because it was Hamilton, the British fans are kicking up a stink.
this is so true
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2661646)   #24
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Yes, it is F1. That's why drivers should be the best in the world and able to drive without crashing into someone else making a move that even an XRi chav would not contemplate.

And it's nothing to do with Hamilton. Everything to do with Webber being a serial offender. Ask Barrichello about it.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2661651)   #25
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are drivers who have a more violent history than Webber does
Closed Thread