Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3536789)   #701
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It does need an overhaul.

Pst. Guys. Come here...

I'm not going to say this too loudly though as I betchya Eccelstone will take it as cue to inject the sport with more of these blasted gimmicks.

Last edited by Paradise City; 12 May 2015 at 16:54.
Old 13 May 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3537142)   #702
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars just don't sound right, and that is a huge problem.

As if the cars are too slow, easy to drive, sound utterly forgettable - then where's the theatre, the drama?!

I could never justify paying to watch race after race.

It really isn't any more interesting to me than watching cricket at the moment - and that says something.

I hope that someone at some stage sorts the whole mess out.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3545130)   #703
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like Bernie and Germany's RTL are still talking about a new contract. RTL have previously stated that they wanted a reduction in their fee due to low levels of interest in Germany and no home GP. It will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31026.html
Old 5 Jun 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3545189)   #704
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It seems like Bernie and Germany's RTL are still talking about a new contract. RTL have previously stated that they wanted a reduction in their fee due to low levels of interest in Germany and no home GP. It will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31026.html
Bernie will no doubt reiterate how Vettel and Rosberg aren't good for business because it has absolutely nothing to do with him, .
Old 21 Aug 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3567581)   #705
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernie hopes that the BBC will continue their F1 coverage after the current contract expires. He seems happy that F1 will continue on free to air TV in Germany after RTL did a new deal for 2 years.

Among the quotes from Bernie was " We're not interested in the money"

Is this the Bernie of recent times are was it an imposter?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120406
Old 21 Aug 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3567589)   #706
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Bernie hopes that the BBC will continue their F1 coverage after the current contract expires. He seems happy that F1 will continue on free to air TV in Germany after RTL did a new deal for 2 years.

Maybe, someone's told him the pay to view audience is declining? Having said that, he'll probably up the fee for the BBC.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3567590)   #707
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Eccelstone is presumably feeling the pressure of the disinterest sponsors have to his paywall drive.

He'll ease up with that - but don't expect him to peg back the clock for the foreseeable future.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3567621)   #708
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I read a daily round-up on F1 Fanatic which in the same round-up, had Bernie telling everyone a Monza deal wasn't likely, and claiming 'money isn't a problem' when it came to BBC broadcasting all races.

Brilliant.

Selby
Old 22 Aug 2015, 05:20 (Ref:3567629)   #709
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Imposter, definitely!
Old 22 Aug 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3567682)   #710
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Imposter, definitely!
Or a clone.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3591290)   #711
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
he BBC needs to find £150 million savings in its overall budget and £35 million of it is to come from their sports budget.

I wonder are we going to see the end of FTA F1 coverage on these islands?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121853

It is possible that the BBC could move to a highlights only package or could the terrestrial coverage go to C4 or ITV?
Old 18 Nov 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3591300)   #712
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
he BBC needs to find £150 million savings in its overall budget and £35 million of it is to come from their sports budget.

I wonder are we going to see the end of FTA F1 coverage on these islands?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121853

It is possible that the BBC could move to a highlights only package or could the terrestrial coverage go to C4 or ITV?
The BBC could start by reducing the over inflated salaries it gives to their TV presenters, particularly on news related programmes.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3591312)   #713
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The BBC could start by reducing the over inflated salaries it gives to their TV presenters, particularly on news related programmes.
The amount of waste that goes on in the BBC, honestly it would make your eyes water.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 18:55 (Ref:3591314)   #714
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we perhaps slash the budget allocated to tosh, such as Strictly and EastEnders. The BBC seem to want to become known for either tabloid-style news or plain old tat. Before today I would have said sport and comedy were their strongest points but they're both being cut.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3591318)   #715
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The BBC is always bleeting on and saying whatever it can to preserve the over inflated salaries and expenses, best to ignore them until it actually happens,
Old 18 Nov 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3591323)   #716
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've perhaps watched 4 or 5 races this year. If F1 did go totally pay per view, I don't think I would sign up for Sky again, as I would just be paying more money for what is essentially a diluted product. There are too many races in places where F1 barely musters a following, then the engines that have a dull sound to them, the tracks that don't punish drivers for making mistakes like they used to, the ERS/push-to-pass gimmick that barely covers the cracks, and of course the engine regulations at the moment allow the dominance of Mercedes.

There are many problems at the core of F1, so I think it will take a while until things start to correct themselves. If ever. Past me would be grimacing at not following the sport wherever it goes, but these are the times we live in.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3591340)   #717
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan 199 View Post
I've perhaps watched 4 or 5 races this year. If F1 did go totally pay per view, I don't think I would sign up for Sky again, as I would just be paying more money for what is essentially a diluted product. There are too many races in places where F1 barely musters a following, then the engines that have a dull sound to them, the tracks that don't punish drivers for making mistakes like they used to, the ERS/push-to-pass gimmick that barely covers the cracks, and of course the engine regulations at the moment allow the dominance of Mercedes.

There are many problems at the core of F1, so I think it will take a while until things start to correct themselves. If ever. Past me would be grimacing at not following the sport wherever it goes, but these are the times we live in.
I think you have perfectly summed up my gripes with the sport.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3591381)   #718
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
It could easily leave FTA outright, sure. And I doubt any of the FTA broadcasters would bother putting up much of a bid. F1 has already left the public gaze as that 'must-see live' spectacle anyways.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3591414)   #719
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Totally agree. It feels like F1-lite now.

I don't get the butterflies when the lights go out. I genuinely used to always shout 'GOOO!' at the start, much to everyone's surprise who was with me at the time haha

I know what every race is going to be like now. Ok, they didn't all used to be unpredictable, but I at least believed these cars were pushing, pushing, pushing. I felt like they might break. I felt like the drivers were on the edge. The cars sounded like they were high strung.

All of that is gone, and i'm struggling to keep up the illusion...

Selby
Old 19 Nov 2015, 10:32 (Ref:3591442)   #720
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are there any stats on how many people watch the Beeb and how many watch Sky? Regardless of his passion for running races in Wogga-wogga-land and Timbuktu, Bernie can't afford to let the British viewing figures drop too low.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 10:38 (Ref:3591443)   #721
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what are the viewing figures like? do they provide enough extra viewers over another thrilling installment of the world bowls championship for the bbc to be able to justify the expenditure?

and if f1 isn't dropped, then which other events would you perceive to be at risk?
Old 19 Nov 2015, 10:42 (Ref:3591444)   #722
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The amount of waste that goes on in the BBC, honestly it would make your eyes water.
I know that most of the cost of F1 to the BBC, but they could cover it cheaper - do they need to ship Suzi and pundits plus their own camera crew and production team to all the races.

The ones that they show highlights only - DC and Ben could do the comm from the FOM footage in the studio in UK along with Suzi and the pundits.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3591445)   #723
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The BBC is always bleeting on and saying whatever it can to preserve the over inflated salaries and expenses, best to ignore them until it actually happens,
I believe that for one of the overseas athletics championships the BBC sent more people to cover it than we had taking part in the British team!
Old 19 Nov 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3591452)   #724
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I believe that for one of the overseas athletics championships the BBC sent more people to cover it than we had taking part in the British team!
sky are worse for that kind of thing, but i guess they're a private company and don't have licence fee payers to justify themselves to, just customers...
Old 19 Nov 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3591454)   #725
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Funny how Bernie says it would be great if the BBC kept the F1 coverage, yet he never does anything. That said it would be good if it went to BT Sport, seen as they are good at sharing their coverage with the Beeb and to a lesser extent ITV

Tags
pinks