Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:54 (Ref:635836)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
F1 2002/GTR 2002 - Why is this sooooo bad?

OK. I have F1 2002.

I also now have GTR 2002.

It really sucks.

I know that's because I am probably doing everything wrong.

Why have I only got a choice of one grotty yellow 996?

Why does the steering leap around all the time without any input at all from me?

Why are the graphics so awful.....

(Why did I bother.......?)

Someone please put me right.......
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:57 (Ref:635840)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you would be better off asking help about this one on the RSC forum, cause i don't have a clue how to fix the situation you're in, Ayse...
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:635841)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse I also have it and I do not like it, I think it is really hard and the cars in most cases are undrivable, especally the Lister and the 550, the GT cars are not to bad..

I am waiting for the Le Mans Add on to come out sometime soon.........
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:02 (Ref:635847)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only wanted it for Le Mans, but I thought I'd make do with the GTs for the time being. But why do I only have one car? Do I have to do a pile of individual downloads?

As far as I can see, Matt Lucas download for SCGT was much more fun (bearing in mind that the current Le Mans track for F1 2002 is only a re-jig of Matt's version anyway.

Undriveable you said Rob? Yes, I can go with that.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:43 (Ref:635903)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sound like a severe case of "Games other than GPL deficiency" to me It sounds to me like one of those games, where you get the slipping and sliding by default (to make it look real-ish, very ish), but infact it's just the normal, seriously bad physics, that are soooo difficult to re-adjust too
Old 19 Jun 2003, 02:07 (Ref:636156)   #6
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>>Why have I only got a choice of one grotty yellow 996?
what about the Ferraris, Listers, Vipers, Lambos etc ?
you have to select class first (GT or NGT) then you should be able to pick from all the cars.

>>Why does the steering leap around all the time without any input at all from me?
dunno doesnt do that on mine.

>>Why are the graphics so awful.....
dunno, its just like the screen shots on mine (very good)

I thought the GT cars were impossible to drive at first. just need to get used to NGT first (Ferrari 360 was easiest). Out of the GTs i find the Lambo is easiest, followed by Lister. 550 is a tough one, but not as hard as the Marcos, Vipers or 911 turbo.
Im fine with the Marcos now, and I can just about get around with the 911 turbo.

keep at it and you'll get there, I still find it easier than GPL by the way.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 07:18 (Ref:636297)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess I was trying too much too soon. I learned GPL with no aids, and I expect to do the same with any other sim.....
Old 19 Jun 2003, 08:53 (Ref:636364)   #8
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the only aids i use is clutch (its just a pain without it), and auto gearbox - ive tried manual but auto lets me concentrate on steering the thing.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 09:13 (Ref:636373)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: F1 2002/GTR 2002 - Why is this sooooo bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
OK. I have F1 2002.

I also now have GTR 2002.

Good

It really sucks.

Que??, are we talking about the same game here??

I know that's because I am probably doing everything wrong.
probably, you can ask what you are doing wrong at http://www.simbin.com/forums/

Why have I only got a choice of one grotty yellow 996?

Don't know, I have a whole fleet of cars

Why does the steering leap around all the time without any input at all from me?

you really MUST be doing something wrong

Why are the graphics so awful.....

again: are we talking about the same mod here??
Attached Thumbnails
viper.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2003, 15:55 (Ref:636737)   #10
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR 2002 takes pretty much all your settings from F1-2002 and copies them over. Did you set F1-2002 up to your liking first? It might be why the steering is off and the graphics are rubbish.

Have to say 5 minutes after playing GPL i thought it was rubbish, so i guess it just takes time to settle in. But you cant expect games from differnt developers and eras to play at all the same.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 16:17 (Ref:636763)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only aid i use is for the clutch, that's it.

Is 1.38.678 at Magny Cours a good time? (with the Ferrari 360 Modena)

Last edited by ASCII Man; 19 Jun 2003 at 16:18.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 16:26 (Ref:636776)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't really know R, but it sounds about right to me for a good time
Old 19 Jun 2003, 21:55 (Ref:637048)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let there be no doubt guys, the graphics on F1 2002 and its derivatives/mods are massively inferior to GPL.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 22:22 (Ref:637074)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's debatable! If you have a system that's capable of handling F1 2002's full graphic capabilities then in my opinion GPL lags behind.
Don't dismiss GTR 2002 too readily. Given time you will get better and more accustommed to it's feel; similiar to when first learning GPL.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Jun 2003, 00:56 (Ref:637168)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
f1 2002's supposed to be the most realistic f1 sim available, isn't it?
Old 20 Jun 2003, 01:42 (Ref:637182)   #16
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people would say that GP4 is the best. I personally like F1 2002 better, not only for the F1 aspect but also for the plethora of Mods available.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Jun 2003, 07:06 (Ref:637284)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and of course: you can ad as many tracks as you like to F1 2002, currently I have 48 tracks.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 09:09 (Ref:637360)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

I have both games (GP4 and F1 2002) and i think F1 2002 just generally has a better feel while GP4 drives like it's fly-by-wire.
In F12002 there's a bigger struggle with the car and track and that's what makes it better IMO.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 10:58 (Ref:637458)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
GP4 is practically fly by wire. It actually steers round gentle curves for you!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 11:22 (Ref:637484)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
That's debatable! If you have a system that's capable of handling F1 2002's full graphic capabilities then in my opinion GPL lags behind.
Don't dismiss GTR 2002 too readily. Given time you will get better and more accustommed to it's feel; similiar to when first learning GPL.

I won't dismiss it. But I've a pretty potent machine that easily runs all GPL's eye-candy. The skins for the GPL cars are infinitely better detailed.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 12:37 (Ref:637556)   #21
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I won't dismiss it. But I've a pretty potent machine that easily runs all GPL's eye-candy. The skins for the GPL cars are infinitely better detailed.
But they have taken 5 years to get to that stage!

I too have a soft spot for GPL and the graphics, but with a decent carset (SCR ALMS pack ) and a well textured track such as the soon to be available Road America then I think that you will find the F1 2002 Mods quite attractive. Unfortunately you will have to share the road with the odd Audi or two, but it is a fair price to pay!

For what it is worth I still prefer the look of SCGT, but it is hardly worth releasing tracks for these days when there are only a few hundred downloads of each one.

EA Sports sales pitch coming up! Get F1 CC when it comes out. It has many features which the Mod makers will put to great use. Overall much better than F1 2002, especially net code.

Matt
Old 20 Jun 2003, 13:35 (Ref:637617)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Guess you're right Matt - but I still don't understand why people are raving about the GTR2002, SCR and BPR mods for F1 2002 when SCGT is actually better and drives better, IMO.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 13:59 (Ref:637643)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
F1 2002 is newer, i mean, the new Harry Potter book might be total turd, but people will still rave about it more than the last one. (BTW, i hear she's killed off a character, better late than never i guess)