Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Blockhead of the ring?
Sato - what was he thinking? 14 18.67%
Webber - Trying to run Michael off the road? 3 4.00%
Mercedes - a firey Erupean GP - in front of the whole factory 35 46.67%
Montoya - Takes off Ralf then gesticulates as if it was someone else's fault 21 28.00%
Coulthard- his head gets more angular every race! 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 May 2004, 14:24 (Ref:988239)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Blockhead of the 'ring?

I'm voting for Mercedes this time around. In front of the whole factory - how embarassing!
Old 30 May 2004, 14:28 (Ref:988246)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Montoya a lot, but today was just pure garbage.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:28 (Ref:988247)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I suppose we could add Ralf for taking out Da Matta.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:32 (Ref:988252)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually..i would take it as a tie between Webber-Montoya-Sato really...

But as Sato had such a brilliant race before that, its down to Webber and Montoya... and the hand signal won the day
Old 30 May 2004, 14:33 (Ref:988255)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato obviously! Ruined his own race. From glory to gutter in one move, pretty ameteurish.
Montoya really buggered it as well; I am not so sure his hand-gesture was an angry one however. It looked more like one of those sheepish ones; the kind the old ladies give when they cut you off.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 May 2004, 14:34 (Ref:988256)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sato very sadly. Up until that point he was doing brilliantly. Such a waste of an opportunity.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:52 (Ref:988288)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes!!! How sad i felt for poor Kimi when the Merc decided to blowup again and he was in such a good position!!! he looked like he was smiling while putting his hands on his head... i dont think he knows how to react anymore!
DC as well... from 20th to 9th on the 1st lap all for nothing!!

No doubt Mercedes!!
Old 30 May 2004, 15:35 (Ref:988359)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes. Pathetic!
Old 30 May 2004, 15:38 (Ref:988362)   #9
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monty is a great racer, but please show some patience. Can't win at the first corner from his grid position. Mercedes a very close second, but that's almost expected these days.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:988369)   #10
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato or Montoya .. i voted Sato ..

Ciao Marco
Old 30 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:988371)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm going for Mercades, when their cars are running they are 2 seconds off the pace and then they go pop!

Montoya's mistake at the start, no doubt, but then, everyone locks up now and again, but redeamed himself with dragging the car from the back of the pack after lap 1 to score a point. Exciting stuff to watch (When the director isn't doing "arty" slo-mo shots of Michael that is ), no one in F1 can overtake like JPM.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:988372)   #12
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes for mine, i can't believe that every race they just keep getting worse.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:55 (Ref:988382)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poof...MrV..exciting? Redeam? You mean locking brakes, running offlines and messy during the race and then luck into the final points when Sato blew

Ok..i'm just stirring you.
I agree...locks up happen and it's just a pity that it involves both Williams driver.

Mercedes needs a wake up call!
Old 30 May 2004, 16:58 (Ref:988430)   #14
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, every now and then!... I mean... This one was during the race!
Old 30 May 2004, 17:06 (Ref:988434)   #15
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
mercedes.....just when you think it can't get any worse for them, it does in a spectacular way in front of the mercedes brass.....great marketing tool.....
Old 30 May 2004, 17:15 (Ref:988437)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly rookie error from Montoya in turn 1. He really shouldn't be making those sort of mistakes any more, I sign of frustration I think. He did fight back well though and provided the only excitement of the race until...

...Sato decided to try and pass Barrichello from the length of the pit straight back. An absolutely idiotic lunge which lost him what could have been the first podium for a Japanese driver. For that I'll give it to Taku.
Old 30 May 2004, 17:38 (Ref:988452)   #17
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Monty. He, with his level of experience, should not have been in the situation in turn one. Fortunately, Ralf (not for Ralf) was the only real casualty.

Looking at the replay after the press conference, already having seen it enough to look for other things than Juan hitting Ralf, it appeared that he may have hit Rubens too. Juan should be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't end up out of the race as well.
Old 30 May 2004, 18:04 (Ref:988467)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, actually da Matta was innocent casualty as well.

Anyway, it was an racing accident, and that corner right after the start can surely use a bit of redesign, however his hand waved in the air was absolutely wrong.
Old 30 May 2004, 20:18 (Ref:988596)   #19
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Blockhead of the race.. very simple.

Kimi Raikkonen blocking the entire field for all those laps.
Old 30 May 2004, 20:33 (Ref:988608)   #20
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Not Kimi-that was simply racing. He got himself through the first turn when others didn't,and made the most of it. If they can't find away around him its their driving, their cars or the FIA's stupid rules package and it's inability to produce a package that encourages overtaking or eliminates the aerodynamic problems that prevent the cars from getting close enough to make the manouvre.
JPM's incident is beneath someone of his experience and ability and the Mercedes performance while lamentable is not due to a failure to be diligent on the track. The blockhead award should go to JPM
Old 30 May 2004, 21:18 (Ref:988648)   #21
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a close call between Sato and JPM.Sato got the points for throwing away his race.
Montie blunder would have made Sir Frank fit to kill and I do expect JPM and he will have a little chat about it.Ralf cannot be blamed for it as Montie hit him(Ironic considering Ralf threatened to do it to JPM).
As for Mercedes way to impress all and sundrie to by a BMW.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 30 May 2004 at 21:20.
Old 30 May 2004, 21:21 (Ref:988649)   #22
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was anyone else impressed with Ralf and how he didn't criticise Montoya despite it being so easy to do so?
Old 31 May 2004, 07:21 (Ref:988884)   #23
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted Sato; well I know that Merc didn't exactly have a positive day, but I somewhat expected it.
sato onthe contrary spoiled what could be his best race ever by attempting an impossible overtaking manoeuvre, whereas he had all the time to try later in more favourable conditions.
Old 31 May 2004, 07:31 (Ref:988891)   #24
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted Mercedes. Finally, McLaren looked halfway decent (albeit Kimi holding up a train of drivers in the first stint) only to see both engines blow up. This is BAR-esque (BAR of 2003, let me say!) in the way Mercedes are grenading their engines.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:07 (Ref:988968)   #25
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweed
was anyone else impressed with Ralf and how he didn't criticise Montoya despite it being so easy to do so?
Yes, I expected him to really slag off Montoya, but he didn't. Kinda like Toyota refusing to slag off Ralf.

I voted for Montoya anyway, but it's a close run thing between him and Sato.