Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1688861)   #1
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 Rd8 - Brands Hatch GP

Entry list and preview for Rounds 15 & 16 of the British F3 Series at Brands Hatch has been added to the F3 Championship website.

Anyone like to predict a non Mike Conway or Rodolfo Gonzalez win this weekend?

Last edited by macsport; 22 Aug 2006 at 16:16.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1688914)   #2
Marco Rosas
Rookie

Portugal
Marco Rosas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bet on a Ricardo Teixeira win!
the speed demon will smoke everyone else...championship and national class!!!!

argghhhh i've been attacked by noisy virus!!!

im ok now..ufff
Old 22 Aug 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1688944)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Just one small problem. The speed demon isn't racing this weekend!

Although he has zero experience of the track, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bruno Senna spring a surprise. He likes the 'big' circuits and although it has changed slightly now, 'Boyo' Hieatt has always been able to produce a very good car for Brands GP, right from the days of Narain Karthikeyan. Mind you, he was with Carlin then, so that applies to them as well.

I'm interested to see how well the Mugen-Honda goes. Oli Jarvis was quickest in testing at Thruxton last week.

As for Rodolfo Gonzalez, I'm not betting against him. He's the only one who can beat himself and if he remembers what the T-Sport guys will say to him if he does, it ain't going to happen!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1688999)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
highlight of the weekend will hopefully be watching the hooligan style qualifying sessions on saturday. i don't mind who wins, so long as there's a good clean fight and no-one throws their toys.

titles can't be won this weekend, can they?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1689008)   #5
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
am i right in thinking titles can be won this weekend?
No, there will be 6 races left after BH with a maximum of 21 points per race = 126 points left.

The maximum Conway can be ahead on Sunday is 110 points and Gonzalez 108. It could be decided in Italy but more likely Silverstone.

Unless of course MC throws it off in both races and Senna, Jarvis or Engel clean up - stranger things have happened! But Mike has been Mr Consistent so far this year and he'll go for the points finish rather than be careless at this stage.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1689028)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so it's fair to say that titles can't be won, but they can be lost
Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1689034)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Mr Consistent lost an engine at Thruxton last week!

Last edited by strider; 22 Aug 2006 at 20:00.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 07:49 (Ref:1689342)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yep, i'm gonna plump for Bruno this weekend, but I doubt Mike will be far behind him so it won't alter the points advantage much.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1689403)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bruno, Mike, Jarvis is my thoughts....but having not seen a Bf3 race this year and only reading reports, not too sure

Still, it's got a lot to live up to to beat the Eastside 100
Old 23 Aug 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1689408)   #10
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Just one small problem. The speed demon isn't racing this weekend!
Where's he gone then?
Old 23 Aug 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1689422)   #11
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If our Noisy friend was here I'm sure he would give us a perfectly reasonable explanation
Old 23 Aug 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1689425)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But of course!

This is all fota site says...

Quote:
Ricardo Teixeira (ANG) will be missing from the grid this weekend but will be back for the next two rounds in Italy.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1690306)   #13
Marco Rosas
Rookie

Portugal
Marco Rosas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricardo and maybe his team lost its main sponsor.
Sonangol stoped to think.
As there wasnt results so far, why continue to sponsor a bad driver? what can they get if he doesnt win, or at least go to the podium?
nothing!
and dont believe he will be back at Italy rounds.

but as Francis said, noisy can give a capable and understandable reason for the situation. as he always did with Ricardo "misfortunes"
Old 24 Aug 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1690809)   #14
Barry Scott
Rookie

Barry Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Mr Consistent lost an engine at Thruxton last week!
Typical that it happens when it doesn't really cost him anything. I'm expecting a pair of dull races this weekend, despite the GP circuit being used. Brands isn't that wide, and I can't think of a corner that offers an out and out overtaking opportunity. At least that shouldn't be the case for Mugello.

As for race winners, I don't think you can bet against Conway. He has the momentum now, and his season has settled down after those tricky first three races.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1690916)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Scott
Typical that it happens when it doesn't really cost him anything. I'm expecting a pair of dull races this weekend, despite the GP circuit being used. Brands isn't that wide, and I can't think of a corner that offers an out and out overtaking opportunity. At least that shouldn't be the case for Mugello.

As for race winners, I don't think you can bet against Conway. He has the momentum now, and his season has settled down after those tricky first three races.
It's not really for me to say, but welcome to 10/10ths, Barry.

You could be right about this weekend. Last time BF3 was on the GP circuit Nelsinho Piquet gave a master class in both races, but that was still a pleasure to watch in its way.

I thought the Silverstone races would be dull, but they weren't, so here's hoping!
Old 24 Aug 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1690930)   #16
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Salvador Duran did well on the GP circuit in A1, so hopefully he will finally find some of his pre-season testing form and translate it into race results. It's about time James Walker scored another win as he is generally amongst the top 3 in testing but a bit erratic in the races. I want to see Stephen Jelley back on the podium as well. In the National class, it's about time for Morgado to stop finishing second.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1691361)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
There are some practice sessions at Brands today, scheduled for 10.35, 13.45 and 16.50.

You should be able to get live timing by going the FOTA website here, then clicking on the MST logo halfway down the right-hand side of the page.

Yelmer Buurman was fastest in the first session, ahead of Bruno Senna and Mike Conway. There were some red flag interruptions and looking at the number of laps completed suggests Christian Bakkerud, Rodolfo Avila and Cristiano Morgado could have been involved, but that's just guessing.

That same link should work for official qualifying tomorrow (11.35 and 14.35) and the races on Sunday (11.50 and 16.20).
Old 26 Aug 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1693073)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I'd have to say that the two qualifying sessions today were very scrappy, each one interrupted by three red flags.

Q1 results here. Conway timed his run just right, but it was the first time he has been at the front this weekend.

Q2 results here. It was a 1-2 for Carlin Motorsport and Mugen-Honda with Oli Jarvis and Maro Engel.

Bruno Senna was in P2 and on his way to a quicker lap time until he crashed out quite heavily between Westfield and Dingle Dell. This seemed to be the bogey point of the circuit for the F3 drivers.

At least he will be racing tomorrow, which is more than can be said for Martin Kudzak and (I think) Basil Shabaan. Both damaged their cars beyond immediate repair.

Tomorrow's races should be good, because in both of them some drivers are not starting from where you would expect. Let's just hope they manage to stay on the track! Oh, and right now it's raining in Kent...
Old 26 Aug 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1693100)   #19
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...take a look at the "News of the World" in the morning as Senna may star in it somewhere...hopefully that is!
Old 27 Aug 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1693904)   #20
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good weekend for Conway, the title is almost his, Jarvis did a good job as well. Bruno is now in danger of losing 3rd place to Engel! I said it was about time that Morgado got a win and he did, maybe he heard me.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1694336)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
...take a look at the "News of the World" in the morning as Senna may star in it somewhere...hopefully that is!
He did Baz...near the back.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1694427)   #22
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...all I got to do is sort out a decent fee with them now !
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1695432)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Well, the guys (and gal) certainly behaved themselves in race 1. 22 laps completed without a single safety car or red flag and a 100% finishing result. Not so good in race 2, though, which was ended early by an incident between Keiko Ihara and Rodolfo Avila, running at the back of the field.

Conway drove well and deserved to extend his lead in the title battle, but the 1-2 in race 2 for Carlin Motorsport and Mugen-Honda with Oli Jarvis and Maro Engel was probably more significant. Those who said you must have a Merc engine to win in F3 should be feeling a little foolish right now.

As someone else predicted, the races themselves were pretty boring and Brands GP has to be added to the list of circuits that doesn't provide good F3 racing. This was not helped the graining problem with left front tyre that is afflicting BF3 at the moment.